Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Some Suggestions

Post New Thread Reply   

Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 09-25-2012 , 11:25   Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #1

1. Allow people to assign someone to multiple groups. For a while this has been a large issue with Sourcebans. Since you only allow 1 group per SteamID it messes with giving people access to unbanning/editing more than 1 groups bans at a time. If I have 10 servers and I only want Joe to be able to mess with bans from 2 of them it becomes very difficult. Also, with zombie reloaded where you need to have a specific group in order to access the zombie admin menu.

2. Allow for team based bans for CS:S servers. Most of this has been already coded. Examples:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...6&postcount=83

^What I would like to see integrated.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...7&postcount=61

^Some public code available.
Old 09-25-2012 , 11:40   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #2

Here's an old(ish) suggestion from a while back:
----------------------------------------------
POST spun from this thread
Hello all.

In making a plugin that interacts with Sourcebans I came across something I couldn't figure out how to do. Maybe there's a way and I'm blind to it - if so, please show me the light

Anyways, the plugin will ban players if they leave the server and do not return in a set number of seconds (for match type of games).

Since the player is no longer in the game at this point (they're long gone), how can I ban the player and have Sourcebans display all information? sm_addban is what I'm using, but there is no player name there, since that data element is not passed.

Perhaps a new native similar to SBBanPlayer but for banning after players disconnect and being able to pass the players name, userid, clientid, etc.

My plugin retains all of that information in a datapack when the player disconnects I could easily pass that information to SB with a new native instead of having to use sm_addban.

The new native would assume the player is no longer connected and just add the ban and properly record it for the web page with the given information.
ferts of daeth
Old 09-25-2012 , 11:58   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #3

Would be nice if sm_addban had immunity levels added to it. So people with the same level of immunity couldn't use this command to ban each other or players with higher levels. I had to create this plugin to solve the issue but it isn't as good as I would like it, as it has to use the reason to post info so I don't know why someone was banned.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...postcount=2908

^Plugin I had made which allows players to do Offline bans via menu through rcon.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ght=sourcebans

^What would be better to use if sm_addban had immune.
Old 09-25-2012 , 12:29   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #4

rewrite it from scratch, srsly, its all hardcoded, lacks all kind of modern coding standards and just because you use smarty it wont be better, it just makes it harder for developers to extend it, like its not hard enough already with everything hardcoded as i already said, not trying to be disrespectful or say its all a piece of shit, but come on...

Last edited by Zephyrus; 09-25-2012 at 12:29.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2012 , 12:55   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #5

It would be nice if SourceBans would support the OnBanClient and OnBanIdentity SourceMod forwards rather than relying on plugins to talk to SourceBans using its own natives.

Especially since the OnBanX functions were added at the SourceBans developers' request.

BAFFLED
Old 09-25-2012 , 14:02   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
rewrite it from scratch, srsly, its all hardcoded, lacks all kind of modern coding standards and just because you use smarty it wont be better, it just makes it harder for developers to extend it, like its not hard enough already with everything hardcoded as i already said, not trying to be disrespectful or say its all a piece of shit, but come on...
That's exactly what the long-unfinished SourceBans 2 is. You're welcome to offer to help them out :p
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 09-25-2012 , 14:25   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
That's exactly what the long-unfinished SourceBans 2 is. You're welcome to offer to help them out :p
in the upcoming week or next ill be working on my own anyway, ill make sure to contribute with stuff from it
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2012 , 14:29   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
really? the suggestions mentioned here would really make this thing shine when released!!
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-03-2012 , 17:27   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #9

Also another suggestion - fix it so you can arrange servers in any order when viewing the dashboard.
Groger
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2012 , 10:34   Re: Some Suggestions
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
I want to contribute in the design/front-end development if you guys need it.