Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Help] FastDL Problem

Post New Thread Reply   

NewUse
Old 12-17-2016 , 23:58   [Help] FastDL Problem
Reply With Quote #1

Hello I was have problem with fastdl its was not loading fast so i fix it with FIxFastDL plugin now its load perfect but if i add somthing new like sound model map its crash the cs before the loading then its loading normal and connected the files are not damged and now i can change maps because its crash to people the game please help me

Sorry for my bad english
Tivity
Old 12-18-2016 , 03:47   Re: [Help] FastDL Problem
Reply With Quote #2

You have to compile the resource files using RESGen.

You can download it from here: http://files.gamebanana.com/tools/resgen.rar

To use it, just drag the maps (.bsp files) onto "RESGen.exe" and it should compile resources (.res files) with the same map names. So, for example, if you were using it for the map de_vegas, you would drag "de_vegas.bsp" onto "RESGen.exe" and it would create a file called "de_vegas.res."

You then upload "de_vegas.bsp" and "de_vegas.res" into your "maps" folder and you're done.

Your server should no longer crash when changing to those custom maps now.

NOTE:
1. Don't forget you need to have the proper ".wad" files in your "cstrike" folder for each map. A way you can check which ".wad" files you need is to open each ".res" file with a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, Rich Text Editor, etc.) and you should see all necessary resources needed for the map.

2. Additionally, don't forget to upload the ".bsp," (maps folder) ".res," (maps folder) and ".wad" (cstrike folder) files into your FastDL location in order for your FastDL to continue to work properly.

Last edited by Tivity; 12-18-2016 at 03:50.
NewUse
Old 12-18-2016 , 12:33   Re: [Help] FastDL Problem
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivity View Post
You have to compile the resource files using RESGen.

You can download it from here: http://files.gamebanana.com/tools/resgen.rar

To use it, just drag the maps (.bsp files) onto "RESGen.exe" and it should compile resources (.res files) with the same map names. So, for example, if you were using it for the map de_vegas, you would drag "de_vegas.bsp" onto "RESGen.exe" and it would create a file called "de_vegas.res."

You then upload "de_vegas.bsp" and "de_vegas.res" into your "maps" folder and you're done.

Your server should no longer crash when changing to those custom maps now.

NOTE:
1. Don't forget you need to have the proper ".wad" files in your "cstrike" folder for each map. A way you can check which ".wad" files you need is to open each ".res" file with a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, Rich Text Editor, etc.) and you should see all necessary resources needed for the map.

2. Additionally, don't forget to upload the ".bsp," (maps folder) ".res," (maps folder) and ".wad" (cstrike folder) files into your FastDL location in order for your FastDL to continue to work properly.

Thanks man i check it now what about the models / sounds / sprites ? and how i convert to wad ?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2016 , 12:35   Re: [Help] FastDL Problem
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUse View Post
Thanks man i check it now what about the models / sounds / sprites ? and how i convert to wad ?
You don't convert anything. WAD files are collections of images that should come with the map already. WAD files are only created when you are creating/programming a new map (BSP).

Last edited by fysiks; 12-18-2016 at 12:36.
NewUse
Old 12-18-2016 , 13:16   Re: [Help] FastDL Problem
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
You don't convert anything. WAD files are collections of images that should come with the map already. WAD files are only created when you are creating/programming a new map (BSP).
ok and about the sound / models / sprites what i need to do?
NewUse
Old 12-18-2016 , 16:41   Re: [Help] FastDL Problem
Reply With Quote #6

And now is giving me this erorr
after is loading

Your map [maps/surf_italy.bsp] differs from the server's.
Tivity
Old 12-18-2016 , 17:59   Re: [Help] FastDL Problem
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUse View Post
And now is giving me this erorr
after is loading

Your map [maps/surf_italy.bsp] differs from the server's.
Delete your current surf_italy map from your CS folder. So, cstrike > maps > surf_italy.bsp (delete this file). Now, go back on your server and it should re-download it and you'll be able to play.