Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change

Post New Thread Reply   

ashold7
Old 05-24-2018 , 15:32   CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,
I installed a csgo server and when i would like to change a map i use the command "rcon changelvel dust2" for example and it works great. However when the map is in the subfolder "workshop" nothing happens. For example when i would like to do this "rcon changelevel workshop/12718912/aim_map" nothing happens. Any idea how I could fix this?

They Problem is: When I change to dust2 for example (a map which is not in a subolder) i see how the server start to configure everything. However when I try to load the workshop map in the subfolder is shows nothing but it has to recognize the map because if i do not type the map name correct the server says that the map couldn't be found. And when I copy the map to the main directory it works without a problem.

It's an offline server

Thank you for your help

Last edited by ashold7; 05-25-2018 at 11:16.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2018 , 15:55   Re: CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change
Reply With Quote #2

Just FYI, you should be able to change to any map with just the name (or even a partial name) as long as it is unique. (changelevel aim_map should go to workshop/12718912/aim_map unless you happen to have another aim_map on the server.) I know that doesn't help with the issue, but it may prove to be helpful information in general.
ashold7
Old 05-24-2018 , 15:58   Re: CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Just FYI, you should be able to change to any map with just the name (or even a partial name) as long as it is unique. (changelevel aim_map should go to workshop/12718912/aim_map unless you happen to have another aim_map on the server.) I know that doesn't help with the issue, but it may prove to be helpful information in general.
This never worked for me, idk why. However I needed to type the full path. It just started to stop working now after I reinstalled my server which I last used half a year ago, but thx anyway.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-24-2018 , 19:45   Re: CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change
Reply With Quote #4

You shouldn't need to. The issue might be greater than what you are describing if you can't do that.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-24-2018 , 20:47   Re: CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change
Reply With Quote #5

Issues like that arise when an invalid api key is used. Make sure you can download workshop maps and you haven't just copied them.
ashold7
Old 05-25-2018 , 11:16   Re: CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Issues like that arise when an invalid api key is used. Make sure you can download workshop maps and you haven't just copied them.
I want to host the server as an offline server, also I use plugins that Valve doesn't want me to use so i do not want to risk that my account gets banned
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 05-25-2018 , 11:18   Re: CS:GO Server Maps (Workshop) do not change
Reply With Quote #7

In order to use the workshop, you have to registers token.