Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)

Post New Thread Reply   

Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2011 , 14:18   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
I can't run this plugin because I don't have Config 1.0.2 and the download link was removed from the ext.'s post.

Someone can send me please?
I don't know what you mean, it's on the post as explained. It seems the name is config.ext.zip instead of config.zip as my post said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songpal View Post
Please explain to me understanding, I'm confused now.
I poor english, Hope you understand my question.
I have installed the file config (1.0.2) already
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=69167

I downloaded the following file.
l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings-example1.conf.txt <-- keep to folder ..\cfg\sourcemod\
l4d2_infected_loot_drops.smx <-- keep to folder ..\addons\sourcemod\plugins
l4d2_infected_loot_drops.sp <-- keep to folder ..\addons\sourcemod\scriptin

When I play L4D2 will create a file. "l4d2_infected_loot_drops.cfg"

within file l4d2_infected_loot_drops.cfg
// The name of the config file located in the cfg-sourcemod folder.
// -
// Default: "l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.c onf"
l4d2_loot_config_filename "l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.c onf"

What file is it. "l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.c onf"
Where is it how.
Between files "l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings-example1.conf.txt" and "l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.c onf" What s the difference.

What do I need to fix it.
please tell details and examples for me.
l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings-example1.conf.txt is an example on making your own config file. You can simply rename it to l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.conf if you would like.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2011 , 14:23   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #82

Glad to see this is working fine. I coded it in such a way that it wouldn't really require updating the plugin if something changed in l4d2 itself. You just need to figure out the proper combination of type and name. I'll update the config example.

What about weapon_fireworkcrate_spawn, weapon_propanetank_spawn, and weapon_gascan_spawn? Are they still "item" or are they "weapon" without a _spawn at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
Have determined the proper methodology for getting GREANDES/THROWABLES to appear in game from config file, below is the test file I ran which yielded insane success:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

global:
{
repeat = 1;
dice = [1];

things = (
{ name = "weapon_molotov";
type = "weapon";
min = 1;
max = 1;
}
);
};

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears the class qualification is simply out-dated or wrong after the update Thraka was concerned about. GRENADES/THROWABLES are now of thing type "weapon" and their specific names are as before, simply remove the "_spawn" from their end as the molotov example above demonstrates. Thanks for the plug-in Thraka!!
songpal
Old 05-12-2011 , 12:44   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #83

no drops item
Because I do not have this file "l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.conf" .
I'm not a programmer.
don't have knowledge of programming.
please upload file for me.
pisdone
Old 06-04-2011 , 15:27   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #84

Sorry for the noob request, but can someone gently share a custom .conf file since I'm not able to write all the code I would write to make this plugin work as it should?
What I actually need is a "simple" conf that makes all SI (and only them) spawn certain items/weapons on their death. For example:

- "standard" SI (hunter, smoker, boomer, charger, jockey and spitter) will only spawn simple items such pills, nades, ammo packs and fireworks/gascans; 1 unit per SI would be nice, we don't want all that help, do we?
- tank and witch instead will spawn medkits,defibs and weapons; I would say multiple units for the tank and 1 or 2 units for the witch, so that we can have a tank which gives us a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 units (items) and a witch that gives us a min of 1 and a max of 2

Please help me I'm using this plugin on L4D1 and I truly wish I could have fun with it in L4D2 too...thanks
Old 07-04-2011 , 02:15   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #85

Having some issues with this plugin. I've got the necesscary extensions and whatnot installed, but the plugin can't find the loot configuration file. I've tried the standard config as well as a modified one, and both cases have been incapable of working.

Quote:
L 07/04/2011 - 01:03:22: [l4d2_infected_loot_drops.smx] Config file (cfg/sourcem
od/l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.conf) missing or has error on line 191
Config file (cfg/sourcemod/l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.conf) missing
or has error on line 1919906967
It seems to just randomly come up with these numbers, the config files never even reach that long. Or, it goes to a line that has nothing on it and declares there is an error there.

Help?
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2011 , 11:57   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #86

017 please attach your config file.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2011 , 12:15   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdone View Post
Sorry for the noob request, but can someone gently share a custom .conf file since I'm not able to write all the code I would write to make this plugin work as it should?
What I actually need is a "simple" conf that makes all SI (and only them) spawn certain items/weapons on their death. For example:

- "standard" SI (hunter, smoker, boomer, charger, jockey and spitter) will only spawn simple items such pills, nades, ammo packs and fireworks/gascans; 1 unit per SI would be nice, we don't want all that help, do we?
- tank and witch instead will spawn medkits,defibs and weapons; I would say multiple units for the tank and 1 or 2 units for the witch, so that we can have a tank which gives us a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 units (items) and a witch that gives us a min of 1 and a max of 2

Please help me I'm using this plugin on L4D1 and I truly wish I could have fun with it in L4D2 too...thanks
I did my best to create the config file you wanted. You cannot give a range of always spawn this many but never more than this many when something like a tank is killed. I can say give it X chances to spawn and create the config so that it may or may not get something on each spawn.
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d2_infected_loot_drops_loot_settings.txt (7.8 KB, 506 views)
pisdone
Old 07-06-2011 , 15:00   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I did my best to create the config file you wanted. ...
OMG man, you made my day...I was starting to give up on this, thanks a LOT. Will try asap and (hopefully^^) give a positive feedback. And don't worry if this plugin works on "chances", because I really don't care if SI don't always leave a "present" on their death, rather than this I'd prefer much more if this only happened 50% of the times, I want COOP to be fun, not lame ;)

Last edited by pisdone; 07-06-2011 at 15:07.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2011 , 18:11   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #89

Well the way you described it the special infected should give something everytime. But the boss infected wont.
pisdone
Old 07-06-2011 , 19:52   Re: [L4D2] Infected Loot Drops (2.3d)
Reply With Quote #90

OK, ye u right indeed, sry I didn't express myself that well ^^ but yeah, what I'm saying is "never mind if boss wont always give something", it's better instead. Btw the plugin does work very well, I saw many good things like boomer leaving a bilebomb after his death, or witch giving a defib, and that's just what I was searching for! Nice job and THX again.