L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ

Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2010 , 17:51   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBBQ View Post
No. Not unless you are able to trigger thousands of bleeding effects within the same half-second of each other. It is true that there is a max entity count, but the edicts/ents are quickly released/removed after triggering.

For server side, it's as stable as any other.
If a client has the hardware to run L4D2, there should not be instability problems. Worst case scenario, a few less frames during a lot of action.
Great, I'll give it a try. The reason why I asked was because I've tried some other plugins with particles and it has caused lagg both server side aswell as client side.
The problem might be maxplayer related since I do run 20 slots
pisdone
Old 12-13-2010 , 09:56   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBBQ View Post
As for random bleeding, it might be the periodic bleeding as a result of low health.
Nope, because me and my "clients" were seeing each other bleeding without have lost HP or being in a warning-HP status. Anyway I'll wait your new upload, thx man ;)
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2010 , 09:36   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #23

Plugin tested. I'd recommend not to use this on servers with 20 slots.
It lagged our server pretty badly. No crash, but creates a kind of "robot lagg" for all players the more you play.

Also, had a lot of complains that the blood made you lose your visibility as tank, so I did some changes to the values and kinda came to the conclution that the values aren't working. Becuase 50 on everything that was set to 100 still almost made you blind as tank due to all the blood.

Last edited by Visual77; 12-14-2010 at 09:45.
DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2010 , 13:02   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Plugin tested. I'd recommend not to use this on servers with 20 slots.
It lagged our server pretty badly. No crash, but creates a kind of "robot lagg" for all players the more you play.

Also, had a lot of complains that the blood made you lose your visibility as tank, so I did some changes to the values and kinda came to the conclution that the values aren't working. Becuase 50 on everything that was set to 100 still almost made you blind as tank due to all the blood.
Oh thank God for your technical expertise. I would hate for users to experience this infamous "robot lag".

I will repeat myself again, all the server does it call the particle effects at certain times, which will be near unnoticeable in all aspects of server stability.

It will be the individual clients who will take the performance hit. The particle system is extremely CPU intensive, so too many effects can potentially drop FPS. The more entities in your server, the more particles will be drawn. So yes, this will cause more particles on higher-slot servers. Thanks for pointing this out, captain obvious.

Of course tons of blood can cause visibility options. Thanks again, captain. There is a reason this is listed under "just for fun". The values however, do work. I understand that you have come to the conclusion that the values do not work, because you cut them in half and didn't notice any difference?
Typical placebo effect.

I wrote the code, I can assure you that the values reflect the chance to emit a particle effect.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-15-2010 , 01:46   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.1 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibu View Post
Sometimes when I die as a survivor, and I am in the freelook mode, I bleed.
I'm still seeing this on my server. I grabbed the plugin again tonight to make sure, and it still happens sometimes.
DiscoBBQ
Veteran Member
Old 12-15-2010 , 13:16   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.1 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
I'm still seeing this on my server. I grabbed the plugin again tonight to make sure, and it still happens sometimes.
I haven't had a chance to update it yet, hopefully today or tomorrow I'll update to 1.3 and fix the problem.
Old 12-15-2010 , 15:40   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #27

That's some really cool plugin, I use it since L4D1.
I've made a few changes for my server (listen-server actually) and I think you should try it out too.
I added per-HitGroups particles. I ran through a lot of blood effects, picked up a few and separated them in diferent hitgroups, like for headshot I use those big splashes; for belly, I set sprays and diferent entrails effects and so on...

Also, entrails effects look better for dead infected so I added that too...
and only a few damage types actually generate blood effects... burning infected shouldn't bleed...

Anyways, it is an awesome plugin and I'm glad you updated it...
hell911
Old 12-24-2010 , 09:09   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #28

works perfectly, tnx!!!!!!
bibu
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2010 , 15:27   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #29

Again I must say, this plugin is a must-have plugin for l4d, keep up the good work!

For Visual77, this plugin doesn't crash the server at all -.-' (tested it with 30 players)
It did lag abit, though this plugin shouldn't be the problem, the high amount of players which I had put up I think.
nagypocak
Old 02-05-2011 , 19:06   Re: L4D2 Gore v1.2 by DiscoBBQ
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoT View Post
...I added per-HitGroups particles. I ran through a lot of blood effects, picked up a few and separated them in diferent hitgroups, like for headshot I use those big splashes; for belly, I set sprays and diferent entrails effects and so on...

Also, entrails effects look better for dead infected so I added that too...
and only a few damage types actually generate blood effects... burning infected shouldn't bleed...
sounds promising, I'm interested! would you be so kind as to share it?