Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

minimiller
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2008 , 18:35   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #11

The aimbot will kill the actual player, then "see" the bot that spawns above the body
So it will automatically aim for that (thinking its a real player)
A normal un-hacking player will not see the bot, and therefore not shoot at it
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2008 , 21:22   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #12

Problem, a lot of aimbots work by detecting models! So, I recommend that you possibly add a model above the thing, then turn it transparent or something.
Send a message via AIM to Styles
Mlk27
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2008 , 21:26   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #13

this will take a slot on server, right? what happen if it's used during server is full?
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-21-2008 , 21:33   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #14

Toaster: Some aimbots do aim+shoot when attack is clicked but this can still work if the hacker does just 1 extra click after killing someone.

Mlk27: Yes it will, the bot is only there for 2 seconds but the server will need an actual slot. If the server is full then a msg will be displayed to the requesting admin advising unable to spawn the bot. The watched player will continue to be watched and once an open slot is available, it will spawn the bot as needed. Perhaps there is something I can do to make it utilize a reserved slot.

I'm glad you guys like it. It will work for the most part, though seasoned hackers that are careful with the shoot button can be unaffected. I don't think it is all that uncommon for someone to do 1 or 2 extra shots when killing an enemy.

I just realized that I need to clear the player ID from being watched when the watched player disconnects.

Does anyone else notice anything that needs to be fixed\added?

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-21-2008 at 21:43.
chris2008
BANNED
Old 09-22-2008 , 04:55   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #15

Aight just done testing the plugin
-in my opinion this plugin is useless
1)whats the p[oint in typing all that "amx_aimwatch" when u can just ban him right away
2)u should just work on it make it do some actions with the hard aimbotters and then release it.
It does work,but at this point like i said,the plugin is useless;
-i have an idea though(different anyways)
-A snapshot sender,the snapshot that is taken(jpg) is converded to a html file and then send it to a webserver or to the dedicated server directly
-Now based on player activities in game like speed hacks or lots of head shots through walls the players get flagged,not banned or kicked but flagged(a good exemple for flagged players is the one from shootadmin plugin the no damage one),once they get flagged the snapshots are taken and send it to the webserver,and then u can check out and see if that players were hacking or not and u can decide if they deserve to be banned,
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 09-22-2008 , 08:58   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2008 View Post
1)whats the p[oint in typing all that "amx_aimwatch" when u can just ban him right away
Obviously not every admin is trigger happy when it comes to banning people and might not be sure that the player is actually aim botting. The fact that you apparently can tell without a doubt, or you don't have any reservations about banning players erroneously, then you're right, this plugin is useless for you.

Quote:
2)u should just work on it make it do some actions with the hard aimbotters and then release it.
What the hell are you talking about? I wasn't aware there were "hard" aimbotters. Does that mean there's also "soft" aimbotters? Go ahead and explain the difference.

Quote:
-A snapshot sender,the snapshot that is taken(jpg) is converded to a html file and then send it to a webserver or to the dedicated server directly
LAWL? An "HTML file"? Any credibility you had prior to this portion of your post has now been shredded completely.

Quote:
-Now based on player activities in game like speed hacks or lots of head shots through walls the players get flagged,not banned or kicked but flagged(a good exemple for flagged players is the one from shootadmin plugin the no damage one),once they get flagged the snapshots are taken and send it to the webserver,and then u can check out and see if that players were hacking or not and u can decide if they deserve to be banned,
Good luck with this. You might want to post in on the Suggestions board as this thread is dedicated to this plugin, not a plugin you want to see replace this one.
Old 09-22-2008 , 09:57   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #17

Brad pretty much covered your entire post but I'll throw in my .02 cents

chris2000: I often get accused of hacking when I am playing good on my sevrer; does this mean I should be banned? The purpose of this plugin is to actually catch an aimbotter without having to think "hmmm...5 headshots in a row and a good kill\death ratio, he must have an aimbot!" If a player manages to shoot an invisible bot way above the head of a player they just killed within 2 seconds, you can be pretty certain an aimbot is doing their aiming.

I would also like an explanation on hard vs soft aimbotters.

I'm not even going to entertain the "snap shot" sender portion of your post.

After writing this post I just thought of another idea! Maybe make the watched player shoot an extra shot after killing a victim and see if that shot hits the bot. Anyone?

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-22-2008 at 10:09.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 09-22-2008 , 10:12   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #18

I'd like for this plugin to be able to automatically randomly watch people and/or start watching players who's current game stats meet a defined criteria.

I'd also like for the bot to be one team or another, as you currently have it, but show on the scoreboard as a spectator, so as to not arouse as much suspicion. I have my doubts if this could be done. I've messaged Orangutanz to see if he knows if it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Brad pretty much covered your entire post but I'll throw in my .02 cents
He won't be able to respond as he's been banned (multiple accounts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
After writing this post I just thought of another idea! Maybe make the watched player shoot an extra shot after killing a victim and see if that shot hits the bot. Anyone?
Forcing a single shot sounds like a good idea.
Old 09-22-2008 , 10:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'd like for this plugin to be able to automatically randomly watch people and/or start watching players who's current game stats meet a defined criteria.
Thats a good idea and I'm open for anything. Not to contradict my previous post but maybe I can add an option to start watching a player when kill\death ratio is high, high accuracy, and high headshot count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'd also like for the bot to be one team or another, as you currently have it, but show on the scoreboard as a spectator, so as to not arouse as much suspicion. I have my doubts if this could be done. I've messaged Orangutanz to see if he knows if it can be done.
I tried to combat this by having the bot on the server for a very short time period. Being on the scoreboard for only 2 seconds, especially right after the ?'able hacker gets a kill, doesn't leave much time to be noticed (by the hacker atleast). This 2.0 second time can definitely be lessened to a much shorter time since we are looking to catch a bullet the instant after a kill. Perhaps 0.5 to 1.0 second (or less)?

There may be a method of adding a bot without having an additional player on the scoreboard at all. I just don't know if any other method will still make an aimbot 'see' the bot as an actual player.

I also have to verify if Join\Leave messages are detecting the bot joining\leaving. If so, that's another issue.
Old 09-22-2008 , 13:40   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #20

You can show a fakebot on scoreboard as spectator, just sending a "TeamInfo" message.Hacks will see the fakebot as a normal player, since is called with Client_Connect/Putinserver; doesn't matter if the player is invisible.