Post New Thread Reply   

klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2017 , 05:56   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusTGo View Post
or he can use tryinclude.
Which requires recompilation, and you may have reapi in your includes but might not want to compile for it. set_module_filter can resolve this during runtime by using a ReAPI only if it's available on the server.

Last edited by klippy; 10-14-2017 at 05:56.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2017 , 09:24   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang1319 View Post
Nice. Can you make a cvar which allows how much times name can be changed? It would be good. I love the ReAPI version
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley92 View Post
You can make to players change name one time(some cvar), when is connected on server, to be register on some database or until the map changes.

EDIT: I see something like I say on a server CS:S to leave players to change nickname but I don't know how leave it.
Good idea. I'll add this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
You don't have to deploy 2 versions of the plugin to support ReAPI, you can use set_module_filter to optionally use ReAPI if it is available. I don't see many plugins using this but it's a great native.
I'll have a look on how it works. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsheh View Post
you have totally searched wrong

>>
Or that guy used a totally wrong name for his plugin. Anyways, that plugin is much different from this one.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 10-14-2017 at 09:25.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2017 , 13:10   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #13

How so .. ?
@VIP System 100% done !

Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2017 , 13:21   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #14

Well, that one forces players to have only one name in your server... FOREVER.
This one simply doesn't allow them to change it while they are in the server. They can change it outside the server.

See the difference?
-----------------------------------------------

• Added the cvar "nnc_max_changes" which allows players to change their name a limited amount of times during their session.
Old 10-14-2017 , 13:47   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #15

nnc_max_changes "0"

1) Cvar 0 is to can players change names countless times or never?
2) If map is changes and this cvar is 1 to players can change name one time players can change again on another map?How is work?
Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2017 , 14:50   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Well, that one forces players to have only one name in your server... FOREVER.
This one simply doesn't allow them to change it while they are in the server. They can change it outside the server.

See the difference?
-----------------------------------------------

• Added the cvar "nnc_max_changes" which allows players to change their name a limited amount of times during their session.
still doesn't make sense to me, however good luck on your project!
@VIP System 100% done !

Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2017 , 17:46   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley92 View Post
nnc_max_changes "0"

1) Cvar 0 is to can players change names countless times or never?
2) If map is changes and this cvar is 1 to players can change name one time players can change again on another map?How is work?
0 is never. If it was forever, it would be the same as not using the plugin. :/

They can change 1 time until they reconnect. I can make it until map ends, but that won't make any sense because the player can leave, change his name and come back with a different name.

@Natsheh - idk why you can't see the difference. Many people including me use a plugin like this. There are a bunch of codes similar to this one in the suggestions section.

Last edited by OciXCrom; 10-14-2017 at 17:53.
Send a message via Skype™ to OciXCrom
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2017 , 22:17   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #18

For a simple plugin like this, you can easily release a version that doesn't require any special includes. Not all mods support color chat so you either need to change the "Modification" for this plugin to something other than "All" or release one that doesn't use color chat.

Also, please attach the plugin source code like every other plugin that has been submitted here.

P.S. The obnoxious link images are simply that. One rule states to not disrupt the readability of the thread which I think this qualifies. Using normal links would be much less disorienting.

Last edited by fysiks; 10-14-2017 at 22:42.
DjSoftero
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 01:57   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
P.S. The obnoxious link images are simply that. One rule states to not disrupt the readability of the thread which I think this qualifies. Using normal links would be much less disorienting.
It doesn`t affect the readability... there are like 3 sentences
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 09:08   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
For a simple plugin like this, you can easily release a version that doesn't require any special includes.
If someone wants to run it on a game that doesn't support colorchat, I'll release such a version. This is not my only plugin that uses colorchat, so I definitely won't edit all plugins that do if there's currently no need for it.

Quote:
Not all mods support color chat so you either need to change the "Modification" for this plugin to something other than "All" or release one that doesn't use color chat.
There's no option to select multiple mods, is there? If I set it to "Counter-Strike", that won't be true either, so "All" is the best choice here IMO.

Quote:
Also, please attach the plugin source code like every other plugin that has been submitted here.
Why? There are 0 benefits from doing that and a ton of disadvantages.
  • Can you compile the plugin? No, because it has a custom include.
  • Can you compile the ReAPI version of it? No, because the ReAPI libraries are not there.
  • Can you compile it if it uses AMXX 1.8.3? No, because the compiler is running on 1.8.1.
  • Is publishing a new version of the plugin easier that way? Absolutely not. This is not the only place I publish my plugins, so I'd rather choose not to upload them here at all rather than having to do it manually every time which will eventually result in me giving up on updating it here, so people will download an outdated version.
  • Can you download and use the plugin at the moment? Yes, so your suggestion is pointless.

Quote:
If you want to find the download link, you usually scroll to the very bottom of the post and you see a big DOWNLOAD button, which is exactly what I have done. I don't see how a small download text is easier to find than a normal-sized image.