Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)

Post New Thread Reply   

YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 11-23-2014 , 07:04   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokitu View Post
Is it possible in sourcemod?
You will need to make a plugin request in the Sourcemod section

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
jc980
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2014 , 09:48   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #12

You should do this to all weapons, and add natives. (custom weapon mods/skins will benefit)

Make it configurable so people can set it up like they want it to. (like disable burst for this and that)

Or make it a complete API, so that customization is endless.

Edit: Noticed something weird in burst fire, one quick tap(not hold) only fires one bullet instead of a burst.

Last edited by jc980; 12-06-2014 at 10:33.
MPNumB
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2014 , 21:59   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc980 View Post
You should do this to all weapons, and add natives. (custom weapon mods/skins will benefit)

Make it configurable so people can set it up like they want it to. (like disable burst for this and that)

Or make it a complete API, so that customization is endless.

Edit: Noticed something weird in burst fire, one quick tap(not hold) only fires one bullet instead of a burst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNumB View Post
When inside a burst-fire mode, you can release your attack key to cancel the burst. Also when burst is complete you will have to release the attack key to fire in burst again.

What fire mode selector options what weapons have, I found from wikipedia.
I did have an idea to make it configurable for all weapons, but eventually decided to make it realistic rather than customizable. Just like valve locked burst obly to glock and famas or zoom to only aug and sg552. Plus honestly it's not that hard to do if you really want it. In beginning of the code, just add an appropriate register for what weapon you want and that's it. Exception is ump 2 bullet burst. That one I locked only for ump.
* HotVision
___
Need help? Please check this documentation first.

Last edited by MPNumB; 12-07-2014 at 22:03.
Send a message via Skype™ to MPNumB
jc980
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2014 , 22:57   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNumB View Post
I did have an idea to make it configurable for all weapons, but eventually decided to make it realistic rather than customizable. Just like valve locked burst obly to glock and famas or zoom to only aug and sg552. Plus honestly it's not that hard to do if you really want it. In beginning of the code, just add an appropriate register for what weapon you want and that's it. Exception is ump 2 bullet burst. That one I locked only for ump.
How about an API, which is separate from this, it would be more user friendly than tapping into the code itself, and
Like many weapons they have different unique bursts, so adding in different burst options can be helpful to weapon mods.

I think the burst cancel should be a CVAR option.
Old 01-19-2015 , 05:21   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #15

You mean "#define FAMAS_CANCEL_BURST // ability to cancel second and third bullet of famas burst" or "#define FAMAS_DONT_CONTINUE_BURSTS // don't burst second time if holding attack button (famas only)" or the fact that you must release attack key to burst again? Cause... First one - animation glitches if done for other weapons than famas. About second and third one - there is a glitch somewhere in the engine, that if done so, than fourth and other bullets what go after it fire non-stop every frame, regardless of the attack delay, and even releasing attack key will still continue fire (for all weapons except famas).
* HotVision
___
Need help? Please check this documentation first.
Send a message via Skype™ to MPNumB
Marinovv327
Old 05-24-2021 , 06:48   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #16

I tested this plugin, but I was not particularly impressed! I didn't have much desire to test each weapon to see what was new, but I noticed the Glock18 pistol. I don't think such a plugin will succeed.
Agent3554
Old 05-29-2021 , 09:29   Re: Realistic Fire Selector (burst options)
Reply With Quote #17

When I tried decreasing the Glock's full auto to Famas firerate (which I prefered to), the burst firing animation becomes noticeable (especially when you decrease it more to AK47 firerate), it becomes weird, I don't know how I make the gun play animation in single shot rather than burst, I don't prefer the plugin's glock full-auto default firerate though :/