12% 

[ANY] Basic Donator Interface

Post New Thread Reply   

rowedahelicon
Old 02-09-2011 , 16:45   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by toazron1 View Post
I should have mentioned that the donator file has moved from the data folder (not correct to put config files there anyway)

It looks for this: configs/donators.ini

That should fix your problem, but I will check to make sure its running correctly once my SRCDS finishes updating.
That's most likely it, it kept asking for a donators.ini file, I created one but left it blank in regards to the system Maximod uses.

Thanks I'll go test it out.

Edit* Yes, it works fine now D: The sprite doesn't show but that's most likely my fault and I'll go mess with it,

Last edited by rowedahelicon; 02-09-2011 at 16:51. Reason: why not?
Send a message via Skype™ to rowedahelicon
rowedahelicon
Old 02-10-2011 , 05:55   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #52

Sorry for bothering you again, but I've done some testing on this with the latest update and I've encountered the following problems.

Setting donator_tag doesn't stick
the chatcolor menu is off by one, like, you press 2 for team color, it registers 1, press 5 for yellow and you get 4 for olive green, press 4 for olive and 3 for green shows up, etc

The material over the head doesn't show, you can change it with the menu but it will never appear. The file paths are correct and the file names are too.
toazron1
Old 02-10-2011 , 08:52   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedahelicon View Post
Sorry for bothering you again, but I've done some testing on this with the latest update and I've encountered the following problems.

Setting donator_tag doesn't stick
the chatcolor menu is off by one, like, you press 2 for team color, it registers 1, press 5 for yellow and you get 4 for olive green, press 4 for olive and 3 for green shows up, etc

The material over the head doesn't show, you can change it with the menu but it will never appear. The file paths are correct and the file names are too.
I fixed the -1 error, I don't know how that one slipped though since I fixed it once before lol.

The sprite error is an error on your end, try cleaning out the materials which are already there and readding them. It is working fine for my servers.
BANNED
Old 02-10-2011 , 14:05   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #54

Hey toaz, i've been messing around with the coding for the menus and the core and stuff and i can't figure out how to make a menu-within-a-menu, if you know what i mean.

any solutions?
rowedahelicon
Old 02-10-2011 , 16:57   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by peroxwhygen View Post
Hey toaz, i've been messing around with the coding for the menus and the core and stuff and i can't figure out how to make a menu-within-a-menu, if you know what i mean.

any solutions?
You need to go deeper.
toazron1
Old 02-10-2011 , 18:14   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by peroxwhygen View Post

any solutions?
For multi-menus, you need a plugin which handles all the menus and registers with the interface, since the donator menu is simply creates a callback to the registering plugin.

For instance, you have a plugin which makes a menu with the 9 classes as (individual menu items) from TF2 with each menu item pointing to another menu with the options. Essentially a menu with sub menus, and you register the main menu (the one with the 9 classes) with the interface.

Does that make sense? I can try to explain it more clearly if not.
Old 02-11-2011 , 02:24   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by toazron1 View Post
I fixed the -1 error, I don't know how that one slipped though since I fixed it once before lol.

The sprite error is an error on your end, try cleaning out the materials which are already there and readding them. It is working fine for my servers.
EDIT : SO SORRY :C
It's because it was at end of round D: I was looking for pre-round as well

Last edited by rowedahelicon; 02-11-2011 at 02:33.
peroxwhygen
BANNED
Old 02-11-2011 , 11:47   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #58

Im not trying to add like, class-based stuff. I'm trying to better organize the commands that donators have. I've got like 100 commands in one section, and I want to re-organize it to be in like subsections such as General Cheats, Cosmetic, etc.
toazron1
Old 02-11-2011 , 12:23   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #59

The model I described still fits for your needs, the classes were simply an example I used to describe it logic. In your case, you would have a main menu (which registers with the interface) with each section (general, cosmetic, etc) calling another menu holding the commands.

You can't only do it with this plugin, you need to create another plugin or using an existing menu plugin and register it with the interface. It would require a substantial rewrite of the interface to accomplish sub menus / categories, and frankly, its outside the scope of what this plugin is designed for.

Last edited by toazron1; 02-11-2011 at 12:25.
Send a message via AIM to toazron1
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-11-2011 , 15:59   Re: [ANY] Basic Donator Interface
Reply With Quote #60

Soo.. how do you add people ingame? So far I only see ways through the SQL tables and in the text file.

I also get the error in phpmyadmin (No index defined!) when I used your line to create all the tables.

This what happens when I use your code to create the tables..

Mind sharing how I add people through the SQL? .. Thanks!

Last edited by Skyrider; 02-11-2011 at 17:00.
Send a message via AIM to Skyrider Send a message via MSN to Skyrider Send a message via Yahoo to Skyrider