Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

List all maps installed on server v0.16

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   devicenull (200)
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:02   List all maps installed on server v0.16
Reply With Quote #1

Displays all installed maps on the server starting with map #1, intended to replace 'listmaps' but can be used as an extra plugin if the amx_listmaps command is commented out in plugin_init().

Usage:
amx_listmaps [# map to start] [# maps to list at once]
listmaps [# map to start] [# maps to list at once]

Both parameters are optional. If the two are omitted, it will display maps 1-10, if the second is omitted it will display 10 maps.

Suggestions are welcome.
Code:
Some of you may remember OLO's amx_listmaps plugin. I thought it was the best thing since god knows what, and I've been using it ever since he released it. 

Sadly, I was dismayed that nobody had ported it. I tried to simply "port" it myself, but I realized that there was a bug with read_dir() .. it displayed some files more than once! So while I decided to go and whip up a workaround for that, I pretty much rehauled OLO's code as well as adding an option to display more than 10 maps at once.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (listmaps.sma - 6197 views - 4.5 KB)
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:07  
Reply With Quote #2

wasnt this done already... lol if not then gj and that also means I'm going crazy....
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:08  
Reply With Quote #3

No, I used search menu and I didn't find anything. Why would I spend time reinventing the wheel?
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:10  
Reply With Quote #4

lol as I said there is a big possibility that im going crazy.
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:14  
Reply With Quote #5

Maybe you are, but until you download it and try it you can't be sure
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:17  
Reply With Quote #6

lol I rarely ever change maps on any of my servers from inside anyways I always have HLSW open so I can see a list and do it but it might be nice as a stock plugin for my customers who are always complaining till I link them to hlsw.net.
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:20  
Reply With Quote #7

This is meant for the players on your server, it's very useful with a map nomination plugin.

You type in "listmaps" and you see all the maps installed, then you see there's a cool map you want to play (i.e. helms_deep) and you start a vote for it.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:32  
Reply With Quote #8

o0o0o thats not bad atall player level map list... hmm damnit this brings back memories of another plugin like this maybe was on amx... I need a vacation...lol.
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 17:37  
Reply With Quote #9

That's right kingpin, OLO made a plugin called amx_listmaps for AMX that did the same thing.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 19:03  
Reply With Quote #10

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=2026

I have the read_dir bug in mine though, but mine can also read from a file. I am going to see what you did to get around the bug.

----

I already HAD that workaround in mine, but on a server with 300+ maps it makes it hang for about 1 full miute on server startup because it is filtering through all the dupes caused by read_dir.

I guess this plugin is usefull if you like its output style better than mine/Luds but otherwise this has been done already.