Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

HL message problems, CS crashing

Post New Thread Reply   

Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2004 , 22:01   HL message problems, CS crashing
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I was trying to port my plugin earlier and I decided to go in and add radar flashing, well the instructions were here:
http://djeyl.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6795&st=15 (at the bottom of the page)

So I added it in (look at function radio4_radarflash()) , and my code looks fine to me:
Code:
/***************************************************************************/ /*                    Unhidden Radio v0.30                                 */ /*                                             by Downtown1                */ /***************************************************************************/ /* This plugin allows users to bind to 'radio4' and use the radio commands */ /* that the new versions of Counter-Strike seemingly left out.             */ /*   Come to 67.18.170.100 if you wish to try it out first.                */ /* ========================= Version History =================================== *** 0.30 - ported to AMX X          - person using command will now flash on radar without using +-voicecommand          - spam semi-protection (delay between commands), on-die protection *** 0.22 - fixed indentations so they are all the same *** 0.21 - made people using radio4 flash on radar by using +-voicecommand *** 0.2  - added icons above player's head -- thanks to EJ for letting me look ***        at his code :-) *** 0.13 - dead players can't use radio anymore *** 0.12 - changed one of the radio commands *** 0.11 - now uses one function with parameters where the case statements are *** 0.1  - first version of plugin: features 'radio4'          - execs speak sound and sends a Name (RADIO) : msg! to the team */ #include <amxmodx> #define TE_RADIOFLASH 112 new szUserName[32] new iTeammateCount, szUserTeamPlayers[32] new sprRadioIcon #define RADIO_DELAY 13 //people can use the radio command once every 13*0.1s and no more to prevent *spamming* public radio4_showmenu(id) {     if ( !(is_user_alive(id)) )         return PLUGIN_HANDLED             new szRadioMenu[256] //to store the options for the menu     new szUserTeam[32] //to store the team name of the user         get_user_name(id, szUserName, 31) //what is the user's name?     get_user_team(id, szUserTeam, 31) //what is the name of his team?     get_players(szUserTeamPlayers, iTeammateCount, "ace", szUserTeam) //who are the players on his team?     format(szRadioMenu,256,"\yRadio Menu: %s^n\w^n1. Circle around back!^n2. I'm hit!.^n3. Hit and need assistance.^n4. I'll take the point.^n5. Meet at the rendezvous.^n6. Follow my command.^n7. Let's get outta here.^n8. Move out.^n9. Teammate down!^n^n0. Cancel",szUserName)     show_menu(id,(1<<0)|(1<<1)|(1<<2)|(1<<3)|(1<<4)|(1<<5)|(1<<6)|(1<<7)|(1<<8)|(1<<9),szRadioMenu)     return PLUGIN_HANDLED } radio4_result (szWavFile[], szRadioMessage[], id) {     new iUserCoordinates[3] //write down the user coordinates here     get_user_origin(id, iUserCoordinates)           for (new i = 0; i < iTeammateCount; i++) {         //client_cmd(id, "+voicerecord")          //  client_cmd(id, "-voicerecord")         new szFormattedRadioMessage[128], szWavExecute[128]         format (szWavExecute, 127, "speak radio/%s", szWavFile)         format (szFormattedRadioMessage, 127, "%s (RADIO): %s", szUserName, szRadioMessage)         client_cmd(szUserTeamPlayers[i], szWavExecute) //play the radio sound         client_print(szUserTeamPlayers[i], print_chat, szFormattedRadioMessage) //print the radio message to the teammates                 radio4_icon(id, szUserTeamPlayers[i]) //flash the exclamation mark above the person's head         if (szUserTeamPlayers[i] != id)             radio4_radarflash(szUserTeamPlayers[i], iUserCoordinates) //make the person appear on radar         //   client_cmd(id, "+voicerecord")          //   client_cmd(id, "-voicerecord")     } } public radio4_execmenu(id, key) {     if ( !(is_user_alive(id)) ) //prevent user from choosing a menu option after he's dead         return PLUGIN_HANDLED                         switch(key) {         case 0: {             radio4_result ("circleback.wav", "Circle around back!", id)         }         case 1:         {             radio4_result ("ct_imhit.wav", "I'm hit!", id)         }         case 2:         {             radio4_result ("hitassist.wav", "I'm hit, need assistance!", id)         }         case 3:         {             radio4_result ("ct_point.wav", "I'll take the point!", id)         }         case 4:         {             radio4_result ("meetme.wav", "Meet at the rendezvous point.", id)         }         case 5:         {             radio4_result ("com_followcom.wav", "Okay team, follow my command.", id)         }         case 6:         {             radio4_result ("getout.wav", "Team, let's get out of here!", id)         }         case 7:         {             radio4_result ("moveout.wav", "All right, let's move out!", id)         }         case 8:         {             radio4_result ("matedown.wav", "Teammate down!", id)         }     }     return PLUGIN_HANDLED } radio4_icon(id, player)   {    new i[3]    message_begin( MSG_ONE , SVC_TEMPENTITY, i , player)    write_byte(124)    write_byte(id)    write_coord(35)    write_short(sprRadioIcon)    write_short(15)    message_end()         //  return PLUGIN_HANDLED   } radio4_radarflash(player, coords[3])   {   // new i[3]    message_begin( MSG_ONE , SVC_TEMPENTITY, coords , player)    write_byte(TE_RADIOFLASH) //# of the event I guess?   // write_byte(20) //duration of the flash, we can try 2 seconds at first to see if it works    write_coord( coords[0] ) //x coord?    write_coord( coords[1] ) //y coord??    write_coord( coords[2] ) //z coord??    message_end()          // return PLUGIN_HANDLED   } public plugin_precache()   {       sprRadioIcon = precache_model("sprites/radio.spr")   } public plugin_init()   {    register_plugin("Radio Unhidden","0.30","Downtown1")    register_menucmd(register_menuid("\yRadio Menu: "), 1023, "radio4_execmenu")    register_clcmd("radio4_devel","radio4_showmenu",-1," - shows a menu of a hidden CS radio commands")    return PLUGIN_CONTINUE   }

But when I run CS and someone chooses a radio command, my CS crashes and I get this error:
Code:
Fatal error
Decal: entity = 25887
Help anyone?
rjlan82
Old 07-01-2004 , 23:34  
Reply With Quote #2

cool. can't wait for this one to be finished. someone please give a hand?
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2004 , 12:26  
Reply With Quote #3

Well, I tried replacing SVC_TEMPENTITY with 112 (that was the "type" in JGHG's post), but that didn't work real well (it doesn't crash now, but the radar doesn't flash either).

I am wondering what that first write_byte() is, and whether or not I am right about the write_coord()s being X,Y,Z coordinates.

Don't worry though, once I get this bug ironed out, I'll be sure to release it .
ThantiK
Old 07-02-2004 , 20:15  
Reply With Quote #4

I would figure that those aren't XYZ coords...they're probably XY coord and something else.
Send a message via AIM to ThantiK Send a message via MSN to ThantiK