Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)

Post New Thread Reply   

myljach
Old 05-26-2019 , 15:27   CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello to all!

I run 3 L4D2 server for now, and got same issue on all of them. When i think im close to solution, i see myself in dead end.
Core problem is: when i install custom maps on any server, server will restart with message from title.

For now i handle it by disable custom maps (cut/paste them in new folder ) and all works then.
I was made tests, like create new server, and install one thing by one and restart server, try to join to see what will happened.

Error of restart server manifest in couple ways: or restart all time in loop when 130 custom maps are in, or server load, and when i try connect with game to play, in game i got infinite load, and server wake up, and i got message CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds.
Sometimes in rare situations server work like nothing happened, so it fools me in wrong direction where i think i solve problem, but will restart later when someone else join.
I try periodically do install new server, in addon folder insert all 130 custom maps, and then install one thing by one, restart, and try connection to see will be restart now. (install sourcemod - connect, install metamod- connect, install left4downtown - connect, install stripper - connect, install from old server all plugins - connect, and so on, hundreds of tests)

What i use: sourcemod 1.10 developer, mmsource-1.11.0-git1127-linux, Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 3 core athlon, 4 Gb ram

How far i reach: after development sourcemod, i was need install development metamod, because last stabilize version was instantly restart server.
I discover that one file, located in: metamod folder cause problems, name is sourcemod.vdf if i remove that file, server worksnormally, but without plugins for which one that file is purpose. In file is written:
"Metamod Plugin"
{
"alias" "sourcemod"
"file" "addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm"
}

I was try edit file, because in my version of sourcemod, i nstead of sourcemod_mm i have sourcemod_mmi486 and file now looks like:

"Metamod Plugin"
{
"alias" "sourcemod"
"file" "addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486"
}

but without result.
And for now i i want players to play on servers, i just remove to other folder all .VPK custom maps. I was even try remove 10 maps by 10 and restart server in hope - one vpk cause all this, but without result.

servers configurations are: 1 versus server 6vs6 with 30 custom maps, 2 coop servers, 10 player slots, each use like 150 plugins, development sourcemod is because of plugin - mutant tanks (demand)

I may provide more information's if anyone ask.
Any ideas, solutions, experiences?
Nexd
BANNED
Old 05-27-2019 , 17:37   Re: CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)
Reply With Quote #2

You mispelled it in the thread, or?
Not sure but you should look at it

Quote:
I was try edit file, because in my version of sourcemod, i nstead of sourcemod_mm i have sourcemod_mmi486 and file now looks like:

"Metamod Plugin"
{
"alias" "sourcemod"
"file" "addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm_i486"
}

Last edited by Nexd; 05-27-2019 at 17:38.
myljach
Old 05-28-2019 , 14:06   Re: CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexd View Post
You mispelled it in the thread, or?
Not sure but you should look at it
Thanks for reply,

i check it, unfortunately i misspelled it in this tread.

That was my last idea how to solve that. I dont know is there limit how much custom maps i may host per server? Limit by number or size. I made some tests and it happening on 2 COOP servers where is 130 custom maps, 52,3 Gb in total, but not happening in Versus server where i got only 20 custom maps. If i paste in addon folder 2-3 maps for gameplay test, server works normally.
Maybe is there some limit for it(number and size), just like happening in some custom maps that may crash, or unstable, not work with some mods, servers with more number than default players, high polygons and engine cant handle that? How i become out of solution, i got on my mind more and more edgy ideas.
Nexd
BANNED
Old 05-29-2019 , 08:05   Re: CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)
Reply With Quote #4

You can install the Accelerator, that will give u more details about the crashes
myljach
Old 06-01-2019 , 12:55   Re: CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)
Reply With Quote #5

I install Accelerator, but he didnt give me no details, in data folder is only server_id file.
Maybe he dont work with developer sourcemod version, i install it by instruction, and provide 64 bit steam ID.
Again i run tests without result. Results are: server works normally if is on it under 20 custom maps, after that server restart after 10 sec, in moment when server is up, and someone connect on it.
I try different and older versions of metamod, but dosnt work. Later i try also replace only one file from metamod - metamod.2.l4d2.so but if server lift up, nothing else was work (no metamod)
I was try that on fresh serve, where i was on server files install only sourcemod, metamod and all suctom maps. In time when installed working version (last current ver metamod, or development) metamod, server got error of restart.
Maybe i need other file of metamod.2.l4d2.so, or for now run servr with poor custom maps.
Server behave same after install other things on it (L4dToolz, L4downtown,stripper, 150 smx, lot of cfg.....)
And all that i record in video!
Since i dont have time for editing, video is vithout sound, fast recorded and in description is times where is some events, like server restart, and opening data/dump for crash log.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVEL...ature=youtu.be
myljach
Old 06-01-2019 , 15:16   Re: CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)
Reply With Quote #6

And more test, where i find out there is no rule, server was restart with 3 custom map on it.
After set up server for test, one thing is constant, and i may explain it to more simplify my problem - server will restart after 10 sec:
after download server files using steamcmd, i instantly paste all 140 custom maps in addon folder.
Install latest version of soucemod - server works normal.
Install latest version metamod - server load like in video from topic reply no#5 (in time 000 - 01:0
myljach
Old 06-05-2019 , 16:03   Re: CEST: Server restart in 10 seconds(linux)
Reply With Quote #7

After searching everywhere, (with new search input error - cat: hlds.5032.pid: No such file or directory- (error before server restart after 10 sec)) generated when i was insert in terminal -debug, i was try download library packages, and nothing works. I read somewhere easy solution, and finally that works!
In server run command need add -nowatchdog
After that all servers works with all custom maps