Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2013 , 02:06   [TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?
Reply With Quote #1

Okay, so I'm experimenting with different ways of hiding Friendly players from non-Friendly players. One thing that was suggested a while back was SetTransmit provided by SDKHooks.

Code:
public Action:Hook_SetTransmit(client, entity) {     if (cvar_settransmit == 0 || !IsValidClient(client) || !IsValidClient(entity)) {         return Plugin_Continue;     }     if (cvar_settransmit > 0 && !IsFriendly[entity] && IsFriendly[client]) {         return Plugin_Handled;     }     if (cvar_settransmit == 2 && IsFriendly[entity] && !IsFriendly[client]) {         return Plugin_Handled;     }     return Plugin_Continue; }

This seems to work pretty well. Even silences footsteps. (Voice commands and attacks are still audible, but I'll tackle that myself later.)

However, it doesn't seem to work if the player in question has a minigun equipped? Why is this? Is there some other known issue that causes this? How can I fix this, short of actually removing the weapon from the Friendly Heavy?

I have unloaded all other plugins to test this. The issue still occurs.

Server info:
Spoiler

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-18-2013 at 02:58.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 08-18-2013 , 10:21   Re: [TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?
Reply With Quote #2

Miniguns are set to always transmit. If you want them to do a check each frame and go through SetTransmit, you'll have to set the edict flags accordingly.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2013 , 07:36   Re: [TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?
Reply With Quote #3

Setttransmit fires every frame so you are doing tonshit of unneccessary stuff there.

I think you can just send ef nodraw to the entity effects and it won't be transmitted also
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Effects_enum

You can undo it by removing it and marking edict as changed...

Other things you can try is stuff like changing the modelsize to make it very small, and then setting it back to normal, which is also reversable.

Otherwise you can do things like setting the world index to -1, or just removing the weaponslot.

Last edited by friagram; 08-19-2013 at 07:39.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2013 , 12:06   Re: [TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Setttransmit fires every frame so you are doing tonshit of unneccessary stuff there.
No ridiculous functions are being called, so SetTransmit as it is now seems to be very lightweight, at least the way I'm using it. You're right though, there must be a better way.

Quote:
I think you can just send ef nodraw to the entity effects and it won't be transmitted also
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Effects_enum

You can undo it by removing it and marking edict as changed...
How would I go about doing that? Would it only affect visibility for certain other players? I want Friendlies to be visible to other Friendlies, but invisible to Hostiles.

Quote:
Other things you can try is stuff like changing the modelsize to make it very small, and then setting it back to normal, which is also reversable.
Setting the modelsize to be small would not remove unusual effects, nor would it remove footstep sounds. :\ And again, I don't think it would affect only certain other players? I want Friendlies to be visible to other Friendlies, but invisible to Hostiles.

Quote:
Otherwise you can do things like setting the world index to -1
wat

Quote:
or just removing the weaponslot.
Removing the weaponslot is not an option, as that seems to have the unfortunate side effect of removing the weapon.

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-19-2013 at 15:42.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2013 , 09:56   Re: [TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?
Reply With Quote #5

On inventory application add in the bit for ef_nodraw to effects then. I think its like m_ieffects or something, then just remove the bit when you are done.
Then mark edict as changed, you only need to change/update the effects offset.

Last edited by friagram; 08-20-2013 at 09:57.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2013 , 15:37   Re: [TF2] SDKHook_SetTransmit and Miniguns?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
On inventory application add in the bit for ef_nodraw to effects then. I think its like m_ieffects or something, then just remove the bit when you are done.
Then mark edict as changed, you only need to change/update the effects offset.
How do I specify which clients to apply this to? I want a given entity to be visible to certain players, and invisible to others. And how do I update the "effects offset?"

Half the time, whenever you suggest something, I spend an hour on Google trying to decode what you meant. :\

Last edited by ddhoward; 08-20-2013 at 15:55.