VAC Ban Status

Post New Thread Reply   

chris
Old 03-29-2009 , 15:18   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #121

Nice plugin!
Old 04-03-2009 , 02:34   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #122

Hopefully it also fixes the freezing bug when someone is connecting.

...so waiting for new relese...
Send a message via ICQ to amokossi Send a message via MSN to amokossi
amokossi
Old 04-08-2009 , 08:33   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #123

Any info on how it could take for the new release?
Send a message via ICQ to amokossi Send a message via MSN to amokossi
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-08-2009 , 08:45   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #124

Yes, I have the SQL portion coded I am just finishing up testing.

Edit: I found that the lag that occurs is caused by the initiation of a connection to the steamcommunity server. I did multiple connections when my db entry timestamp was not expired (no connection to server required) and each time no lag occurred. I then did tests with an expired timestamp (which requires a vac ban check to steam servers) and about 50% of the time the lag did occur; it is strange because it doesn't occur every time. I don't know if it is possible to fix this since it is a problem within the sockets module.

Last edited by Bugsy; 04-08-2009 at 10:46.
Spock
Old 04-12-2009 , 03:30   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #125

Perhaps allow the program to check steamid when the server is empty..
(checks all steamid in the databas)
Next time the player connects, the program check if they have play before
(alredy check) if not it will do check then the server is empty (schedule time)
It may not remove the player how is cheating directly, but I can live with that
if the player nerver can play again on my servers, and you do not get lagg

Excuse my bad English

Last edited by Spock; 04-12-2009 at 03:35.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-12-2009 , 10:38   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #126

I think the current system is sufficient. All entries that have expired are automatically removed at mapchange. For any players who have expired will get re-checked on their next connection to the server and a new db entry written.

I would rather concentrate on fixing the cause of the lag instead of working around it.
Old 04-12-2009 , 13:02   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #127

Here are the changes so far for v0.3, does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

v0.3
- Improved speed of checking. Buffer size is now 4096 bytes and defined by BUFFER_SIZE
- I noticed that at times particular steam id checks will not work. I found that depending on the size of the users steam community page, the incoming data was sometimes cut off in the middle of a string/phrase we are looking for. For example, if we are looking for "<vacBanned>1" for ban status. One packet would have "<vacB" and the following packet would start with "anned>1" causing the plugin to not notice the ban string. Now, when data is received it is added to the previously received data buffer so the detection strings can be checked within the entire buffer. When the packet reaches its capacity, the buffer is restarted at the first < found in the buffer.
- Fixed bug where if you try to manually check a SteamID and accidentally have a space on the end it would print out checking SteamID [].
- Replaced set_user_hitzones with fm_set_user_hitzones. Removed fun module, fakemeta is now required.
- Revised\improved DeathMsg code for applying punishment based on kill\death ratio.
- Changed punishment and notify admin flag selection to cvar.
- Added cvar to specify the seconds used to consider a connection to steam server as timedout [vbs_sockettimeout: default 5.0]
- Added KICK_BAN_ID_KDRATIO and KICK_BAN_IP_KDRATIO, these were both accidentally not coded.
- Added punishment function so all punishments are issued in one place instead of having them coded multiple times.
- Added clear vault command to clear vault of all VAC ban status entries. NOTE: this will only remove players that do not have a VAC ban in the db. Since positive VAC bans are permanent, you must use the manual remove command amx_vacremoveentry to remove these entries. If the player is on the server you can use his name or you can do the command manually with a steamid.
- Added whitelist system so you can whitelist a steamid\player. When whitelisted, the player will be treated as if they have no VAC ban and will not get checked. The whitelist entry is permanent and will not be cleared unless done so manually with the amx_vacremovewhitelist command. Commands: amx_vacaddwhitelist , amx_vacremovewhitelist
- Added query command so you can manually check a players entry in the db. Command: amx_vacquery
- Added display of time that manual VAC ban status check took with steam server

Last edited by Bugsy; 04-12-2009 at 13:16.
Old 04-12-2009, 19:25
Plain
This message has been deleted by Plain.
-=[BFC]=- Shooter_McGavin
Old 04-13-2009 , 03:57   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
Just say the plugin it should start with the check on player entered the game, not on validation of steam_id.
Or on team-join, dunno how this event is called.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
oic, I can make it check on team join instead, thats no prob.
Is this included in the new version 0.3?
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-13-2009 , 10:57   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #129

Does everyone prefer checking a player on team-join instead of when they connect? This could also allow a VAC banned player to dispute his case since he can remain on the server as a spectator but not allowed to play.

It is currently checking @ client_authorized; if anyone is having issues where the player isn't fully initialized into the game when the VAC check is done then changing to client_putinserver should fix it.

Last edited by Bugsy; 04-13-2009 at 11:06.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 04-13-2009 , 12:02   Re: VAC Ban Status
Reply With Quote #130

No one joins a server to move to spec only ;)