Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v2.3, 2019-07-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

plock
Old 07-26-2018 , 07:32   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage13 View Post
Hey plock,

I have gone ahead and set sm_reserved_slots from the sourcemod.cfg file to 0. I will test this out and see if that was the cause of the issue. Right now we have a 12 slot server but we run a retake server so it only allows 9 players before its filled. So I set my tvip_reservedslots to 3 and my tvip_serverslots to 12. so when the 10th player comes in it kicks #9 player out for res slot (: Unless I didnt set that part up correctly too :/
Hey ownage13,

There are a few things that you mentioned that is not possible with the current state of this plugin, but I can implement that. First, there is not a feature that will kick a player when a VIP joins, also there isn't a cvar to block a few slots, like you want to have max 9 players.

Quote:
Also I should mention most of my VIP's have been setup through sourcebans cause I did not know this plugin existed for tVip. I tried to get the author do do something like this for his plugin but he told me if enough people wanted it he would do it but never got around to doing it. So what I'm wondering is will this tVip res slot plugin still work for users setup in sourcebans too? (:
It won't work because this plugin uses a function to detect when the tVip loaded his profile. If you don't use tVip, it won't do anything.

Regarding the implementations, I would have to implement an option to block slots (so no one except admins can enter) and make something that when players are using a reserved slot and a VIP joins the server, it will kick the latest player (or the one with highest ping). Also I can try to extend it to be used without tVip, so it will allow both tVip and other methods. Before I start updating it, did you check other reserved slots plugins if they fill your needs?

EDIT: Actually there is a way to block plugins, which is setting the cvar "tvip_serverslots" to 9. So the server will kick the 10th player that try to join saying it's full. But still need to implement something to kick players when a VIP joins.

Regards,
Plock

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile

Last edited by plock; 07-26-2018 at 07:45.
plock
Old 07-26-2018 , 11:07   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip compatibility (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #12

Updated to Version 1.1:
Quote:
2018-07-26 (v1.1)
- Added options to use OnClientPostAdminCheck instead of tVip.
- Added kick options. (Last player who joined or highest ping)
- A lot of changes on the behavior and fixed a bug on the counter of Reserved Slots used.
- Added 2 more items in the translation regarding the drop methods.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
plock
Old 07-26-2018 , 11:11   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by plock View Post
Regarding the implementations, I would have to implement an option to block slots (so no one except admins can enter) and make something that when players are using a reserved slot and a VIP joins the server, it will kick the latest player (or the one with highest ping). Also I can try to extend it to be used without tVip, so it will allow both tVip and other methods. Before I start updating it, did you check other reserved slots plugins if they fill your needs?
ownege13,

I've made this update so you can use it too. I didn't have time to test all the features one by one, but I'm using it on my server at the moment for testing. Please let me know if you have any issues with the new CVARs.

Regards,
Plock

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile

Last edited by plock; 07-27-2018 at 08:31.
ownage13
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2018 , 14:22   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #14

Oh snaps I was busy the past few days with work and seeing the GF but yes I will try this update today when I'm off work! Thank you for getting to this so fast for me. I did not get the chance to try the new settings I was going to cause I ended up swamped since I last messaged with IRL stuff but today after work I will go ahead and update my settings as you have mentioned to 9 for the tvip_serverslots and see how this works (: I think im going to set this one to 10 to allow 1 Admin/VIP into the server and wait for an open slot since by default retake servers already have a cap of 9 players and wont let a 10th player join unless its just spectate to wait for said open slot. Again thank you for making this update possible for me (: I will write back either tonight or tomorrow as long as I am properly able to test this (:

Also to clarify with what you added if I set the tvip_plugin to 2 and have it check default admins will it still work for tVip users as well as Sourcebans or will it just work on anything else besides tVip users. I figured I should ask this just in case I'm not understanding it correctly

Last edited by ownage13; 07-30-2018 at 14:30.
plock
Old 07-30-2018 , 14:27   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Oh snaps I was busy the past few days with work and seeing the GF but yes I will try this update today when I'm off work! Thank you for getting to this so fast for me. I did not get the chance to try the new settings I was going to cause I ended up swamped since I last messaged with IRL stuff but today after work I will go ahead and update my settings as you have mentioned to 9 for the tvip_reservedslots and see how this works (: Again thank you for making this update possible for me (: I will write back either tonight or tomorrow as long as I am properly able to test this (:
In case if you want to limit 9 players to play, you can set "tvip_serverslots" to 9. And if you want to always kick a player, you can try "tvip_reservedslots 9" with "tvip_dropmethod 1".

Although I'm not sure if this will work as expected, but I will fix if you find any issues. No worries regarding the delay, just let me know if you encounter any issues, I will fix ASAP (:.

Resuming:
Code:
tvip_serverslots 9
tvip_reservedslots 9
tvip_dropmethod 1
Regards.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
ownage13
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-30-2018 , 14:41   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #16

I didnt expect such a fast reply from you! I edited the post before you replied back RIP haha To not get anymore confused do you have a discord I can add you on so we can chat personally (: mine is OwNaG3 #7754

I realized that you said server slots and not reserved slots so I edited that and put in that. By default retake servers only allow 9 players playing at a time. So what i think im gonna do is set it to 10 on server slots and 1 or 2 on reserved slots. What my ultimate goal is to allow any user to fill the 9 slots normally and if a VIP comes in on the 10th slot it will kick 1 of the 9 non-vip people(by ping). If all are VIP then he will sit in the 10th slot. (:

I also added this "Also to clarify with what you added if I set the tvip_plugin to 2 and have it check default admins will it still work for tVip users as well as Sourcebans or will it just work on anything else besides tVip users. I figured I should ask this just in case I'm not understanding it correctly"

Last edited by ownage13; 07-30-2018 at 14:42.
plock
Old 07-30-2018 , 15:02   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
I didnt expect such a fast reply from you! I edited the post before you replied back RIP haha To not get anymore confused do you have a discord I can add you on so we can chat personally (: mine is OwNaG3 #7754

I realized that you said server slots and not reserved slots so I edited that and put in that. By default retake servers only allow 9 players playing at a time. So what i think im gonna do is set it to 10 on server slots and 1 or 2 on reserved slots. What my ultimate goal is to allow any user to fill the 9 slots normally and if a VIP comes in on the 10th slot it will kick 1 of the 9 non-vip people(by ping). If all are VIP then he will sit in the 10th slot. (:

I also added this "Also to clarify with what you added if I set the tvip_plugin to 2 and have it check default admins will it still work for tVip users as well as Sourcebans or will it just work on anything else besides tVip users. I figured I should ask this just in case I'm not understanding it correctly"
Hahah, it's ok. Well, admins counts as player slot (if they have flag D (ban)). So if there is an admin online, they will not use the reserved slot, but that can be changed.

Regarding the tvip_plugin, if you set to 2 it will detect everything, sourcebans, tvip etc, but there are cases where the tVip didn't load the user information on time, then if it doesn't load the VIP flags before my plugin runs, it will detect the VIP as an user. If you have tvip_plugin to 1 it will be optimized for tVip, which will only be called after tVip checks the user.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
Zyten
Old 07-31-2018 , 08:28   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #18

Would be cool if they detect admins with b flag which is not registered into tvip
plock
Old 07-31-2018 , 08:31   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyten View Post
Would be cool if they detect admins with b flag which is not registered into tvip
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll implement two CVARs the flags, so it can be configured for both VIPs and Admin.

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile
Zyten
Old 08-07-2018 , 14:51   Re: [ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v1.1, 2018-07-26)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by plock View Post
In case if you want to limit 9 players to play, you can set "tvip_serverslots" to 9. And if you want to always kick a player, you can try "tvip_reservedslots 9" with "tvip_dropmethod 1".

Although I'm not sure if this will work as expected, but I will fix if you find any issues. No worries regarding the delay, just let me know if you encounter any issues, I will fix ASAP (:.

Resuming:
Code:
tvip_serverslots 9
tvip_reservedslots 9
tvip_dropmethod 1
Regards.
I did try this. My problem is anyone can connect from console even its set up to max 25 there can be easily 30ppl. Somehow the limit should work and kicking non vip