Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Reserved Slots with tVip support (v2.3, 2019-07-23)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
plock
Old 07-26-2018 , 07:32   Re: [ANY][tVip] Reserved Slots (v1.0, 2018-04-13)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage13 View Post
Hey plock,

I have gone ahead and set sm_reserved_slots from the sourcemod.cfg file to 0. I will test this out and see if that was the cause of the issue. Right now we have a 12 slot server but we run a retake server so it only allows 9 players before its filled. So I set my tvip_reservedslots to 3 and my tvip_serverslots to 12. so when the 10th player comes in it kicks #9 player out for res slot (: Unless I didnt set that part up correctly too :/
Hey ownage13,

There are a few things that you mentioned that is not possible with the current state of this plugin, but I can implement that. First, there is not a feature that will kick a player when a VIP joins, also there isn't a cvar to block a few slots, like you want to have max 9 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage13 View Post
Also I should mention most of my VIP's have been setup through sourcebans cause I did not know this plugin existed for tVip. I tried to get the author do do something like this for his plugin but he told me if enough people wanted it he would do it but never got around to doing it. So what I'm wondering is will this tVip res slot plugin still work for users setup in sourcebans too? (:
It won't work because this plugin uses a function to detect when the tVip loaded his profile. If you don't use tVip, it won't do anything.

Regarding the implementations, I would have to implement an option to block slots (so no one except admins can enter) and make something that when players are using a reserved slot and a VIP joins the server, it will kick the latest player (or the one with highest ping). Also I can try to extend it to be used without tVip, so it will allow both tVip and other methods. Before I start updating it, did you check other reserved slots plugins if they fill your needs?

EDIT: Actually there is a way to block plugins, which is setting the cvar "tvip_serverslots" to 9. So the server will kick the 10th player that try to join saying it's full. But still need to implement something to kick players when a VIP joins.

Regards,
Plock

Owner/Developer at Kniv
My Steam Profile

Last edited by plock; 07-26-2018 at 07:45.