Raised This Month: $248 Target: $400
 62% 

L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, CA
Old 07-08-2020 , 18:23   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #131

You should be able to compile it against latest hlsdk for l4d2 and latest metamod provided by AM.
__________________
Spirit_12 is offline
0xazax0
New Member
Join Date: Jul 2020
Old 07-08-2020 , 19:16   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
You should be able to compile it against latest hlsdk for l4d2 and latest metamod provided by AM.
Thank you.
0xazax0 is offline
RDiver
Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Old 08-20-2020 , 15:43   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #133

I've got another issue about the server update rate.

I have tried to set a dedicated server with 100 ticks.

server.cfg

sm_cvar fps_max 0
sm_cvar sv_mincmdrate 100
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate 100
sm_cvar sv_minupdaterate 100
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate 100
sm_cvar sv_minrate 100000
sm_cvar sv_maxrate 100000

autoexec.cfg

rate 100000
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100

command line also added "-tickrate 100"

No matter how I tweak, the server FPS is always limited at ~66fps, so does the actual number of updates per second actually received from the server. The server FPS should be set as infinite so as to maximise sv_maxupdaterate 100. How to fix it?

Last edited by RDiver; 08-20-2020 at 15:48.
RDiver is offline
rtokuda
Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Old 09-11-2020 , 11:38   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #134

Does not work on windows servers
rtokuda is offline
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, CA
Old 09-11-2020 , 18:23   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiver View Post
No matter how I tweak, the server FPS is always limited at ~66fps, so does the actual number of updates per second actually received from the server. The server FPS should be set as infinite so as to maximise sv_maxupdaterate 100. How to fix it?
What platform? Windows or Linux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtokuda View Post
Does not work on windows servers
Need more information that "does not work". Are you able to load it at all?
__________________
Spirit_12 is offline
nitsort
New Member
Join Date: Sep 2020
Old 09-12-2020 , 01:07   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiver View Post
I've got another issue about the server update rate.

I have tried to set a dedicated server with 100 ticks.

server.cfg

sm_cvar fps_max 0
sm_cvar sv_mincmdrate 100
sm_cvar sv_maxcmdrate 100
sm_cvar sv_minupdaterate 100
sm_cvar sv_maxupdaterate 100
sm_cvar sv_minrate 100000
sm_cvar sv_maxrate 100000

autoexec.cfg

rate 100000
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 100

command line also added "-tickrate 100"

No matter how I tweak, the server FPS is always limited at ~66fps, so does the actual number of updates per second actually received from the server. The server FPS should be set as infinite so as to maximise sv_maxupdaterate 100. How to fix it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
What platform? Windows or Linux?



Need more information that "does not work". Are you able to load it at all?
When I upgraded to win10 v2004, I had the same problem.
nitsort is offline
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, CA
Old 09-12-2020 , 01:16   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #137

Seems like you guys just need to recompile it on the latest windows. I've been fairly busy these days, however feel free to give it a shot from the source.
__________________
Spirit_12 is offline
nitsort
New Member
Join Date: Sep 2020
Old 09-12-2020 , 03:56   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Seems like you guys just need to recompile it on the latest windows. I've been fairly busy these days, however feel free to give it a shot from the source.
I donít know much about compilation.
The strange thing is that when I open VMware Workstation and run a virtual machine, it becomes normal. (It does not mean running the l4d2 server in a virtual machine)
nitsort is offline
rtokuda
Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Old 09-12-2020 , 17:38   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #139

I put all the cvars, but it is always limited to 60 fps. Does not unlock on windows server.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sem tŪtulo.png
Views:	11
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	183674
rtokuda is offline
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Toronto, CA
Old 09-16-2020 , 00:41   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsort View Post
I donít know much about compilation.
The strange thing is that when I open VMware Workstation and run a virtual machine, it becomes normal. (It does not mean running the l4d2 server in a virtual machine)
That's strange. That seems like a missing library issue, but can't be certain.

I do not have a Windows server installed nor do I have the SDK setup to compile. I may compile it over this weekend, if I can spare some time, but no promises.
__________________
Spirit_12 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode