Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

Tiger50
Old 02-24-2015 , 13:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1711

So I just need to replace the .smx file?

Last edited by Tiger50; 02-24-2015 at 14:10.
Send a message via Yahoo to Tiger50
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2015 , 01:34   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1712

Once I've uploaded the cleaned plugin, you can download the smx and replace your previous. The cleanup does not bring anything new to the plugin and the current works just fine, even with the compile warnings.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
ShambleS
Old 03-02-2015 , 13:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1713

ok been a LONG time since i have been here.
i let my old l4d server go. left my old clan and been busy.. *thats that delt with*

ok what i want to do here is set up a mysql server ion my server pc its a dual quad cpu set up its a proper server rig.
when i did this in the past i used this plugin "well the one for left 4 dead" and i had a dedicated server hosted by dedifrag which had a mysql server set up.

so to the question.

How can i set up a my sql server on the same server as the game "my home server pc"
and have it update and stuff proerly.
I think i need to us apache but if you have any links to tutorials that would be really helpful.

my old elite l4d server was well loved and i would like to recapture the settings of it.

p.s

its running windows 7x64 because i need it for other stuff i host.

Last edited by ShambleS; 03-02-2015 at 13:16.
ShambleS
Old 03-08-2015 , 17:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1714

ok not sure what i did wrong now..
managed to set up a php and db service on my server.
managed to run the install php to update the db so it had the correct tables.
managed to get the php to read from the Db.

but now it just says "no players are online"

"edit"

im not 100% sure the plugin is loaded.
I dont see it when i type sm plugins or sm plugins 11
and sm_rankmenu reports (un known command)

is this plugin still working with the current SM?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strange.png
Views:	258
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	143018  

Last edited by ShambleS; 03-08-2015 at 19:21.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2015 , 02:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1715

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShambleS View Post
ok not sure what i did wrong now..
managed to set up a php and db service on my server.
managed to run the install php to update the db so it had the correct tables.
managed to get the php to read from the Db.

but now it just says "no players are online"

"edit"

im not 100% sure the plugin is loaded.
I dont see it when i type sm plugins or sm plugins 11
and sm_rankmenu reports (un known command)

is this plugin still working with the current SM?
It seems the plugin is not loaded. If it's not loaded, try manually loading it with a command "like" this: sm plugins load l4dstats. I'm not sure if it was exactly like that. What's the console output from that command? And yes, the plugin should work just fine with the latest version of sourcemod.

To answer to your previous message, yes, it's doable. That is, if you mean you'll be running a dedicated server from the same machine you'll run your game client. The setup is no different from any other. Just follow the instructions.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
ShambleS
Old 03-09-2015 , 08:54   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1716

if i use the actuall console on the server by removing the -console from the shortcut, it did say (unable to load plugin)
i had a look at it and windows 7 was blocking it due to it comming from another computer so i unblocked it, restarted the server and tried to load it again, this time it said it was already loaded. so i tried reload plugin l4d_stats.smx
it said it reloaded suscessfully.
I went and joined the server from a second pc using my wan ip (have nat loop back) and others can join me. so its not in lan mode.
But sm_rankmenu still says un known command. and server says its still empty.
i will check more later.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2015 , 11:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1717

Quote:
if i use the actuall console on the server by removing the -console from the shortcut, it did say (unable to load plugin)
i had a look at it and windows 7 was blocking it due to it comming from another computer so i unblocked it, restarted the server and tried to load it again, this time it said it was already loaded. so i tried reload plugin l4d_stats.smx
it said it reloaded suscessfully.
I went and joined the server from a second pc using my wan ip (have nat loop back) and others can join me. so its not in lan mode.
But sm_rankmenu still says un known command. and server says its still empty.
i will check more later.
What does the sm plugins list say? If you have provided the plugin invalid DB connection values, the plugin goes into fault state, thus not responding to any commands.

ShambleS
Old 03-09-2015 , 12:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1718

Well i examined the db i created with myphp And i had a bunch of errors trying to access the tables "basically it doesn't install everything you need for working tables" so i imported a sql from the examples folders to make the pref tables and so on.
i also re built the l4dstats table using the install.php
I was then able to view the tables properly from my admin panel. and thought to my self Maybe that fixed it.. Unfortunately it did not.

Still the same thing.
the db settings in the dbcfg of source mod are the same as the ones in confing.php
when i enter them wrong in to config php it says "connection to db actively refused 'or something like that'"
Also the install.php was able to create the tables in the correct db on the server so that has to be correct "right?"

any way.
still the same.
console reports plugin is loaded (if i remove the -console from short cut and check in that)

but in game connected to the server sm_rankmenu is unknown command. And i do not see the plugin loaded.
Also you cannot do sm plugin load xxxx.smx in game.

here is an image of the plugins list and plugins list 11

(its annoying me because when i did this years go with l4d it was easy to do. But then again i was not creating my own php and mysql server, and my game host provided that for me.)

edit

Worked on this nearly all day and im still at the same exact point as i was. everything i do that makes me think "that could have been it" turns out not to be it or atleast was only a part of it.
It has to be something to do with myphp some cfg.php or pref file some where but i cant find it any where.
tables are built.
i can build them from the install php. so it should be able to update from the game using the same details.
I made a user for updating with host privilages from any connection, still nothing.

it looks like i have to either pay for a php service with remote db update or try to find a free one.
i have a feeling it wont take me 10 mins to set up if i do that rather than doing all this myphp stuff, but its infuriating because im so close lol i just cant figure out what is stopping the last thing.

there are no error logs regarding the plugin.
the plugin seems to be loaded fine on the server, but it does not get listed in game.
sm_rankmenu does nothing in game or from the server console (un known command)
But the plugin loads and reloads fine..

Like i said it must be something to do with myphp I just cannot figure out what that is..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pluglist.png
Views:	250
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	143042  

Last edited by ShambleS; 03-09-2015 at 13:48.
ShambleS
Old 03-09-2015 , 19:05   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1719

ok. So i went and set up a free mysql/php web account rather than host my own..
5 mins of file edits. And its up and running..
Still not enough players arround to test it really works...
but plugin is loaded and sm_rankmenu works,
now i just have to wait for some people to come find my server to see if it works properly, because i dont seem to see where i can set the minimum needed players for the stats to be working.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2015 , 02:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121
Reply With Quote #1720

Quote:
ok. So i went and set up a free mysql/php web account rather than host my own..
5 mins of file edits. And its up and running..
Still not enough players arround to test it really works...
but plugin is loaded and sm_rankmenu works,
now i just have to wait for some people to come find my server to see if it works properly, because i dont seem to see where i can set the minimum needed players for the stats to be working.
Good work! From the plugin config, search for variable l4d_stats_minhumans.

Last edited by muukis; 03-10-2015 at 02:31.