Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Cheat Control (for cheat commands/cheat impulses/cheat client cvars) v1.5

Post New Thread Reply   

ImHackinBored!
Old 07-29-2009 , 20:08   Re: Cheat Control (for cheat commands/cheat impulses/cheat client cvars) v1.4
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni View Post

Why do you want point_servercommand ? That's a map entity and can't be used by the player directly. This plugin's aim is it to prevent players from executing cheat, not fixing the map's behavior.
Actually A user CAN create the entity and control your server with it. Of course its only with cheats on but as I said I would like to Safely turn cheats on. But I changed the entity in my server.dll so no other user but me will know how to use it. It would still be nice to find a method of just blocking this and not the entire "ent_create" string. Of course point_clientcommand is another one.

Thanks for the update I will give it a try in my spare time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my server was crashing constantly, I unloaded SM dev and it worked fine so like I said above I'll try this again in my spare time as DEV version isnt what I'm using atm, I switched back to a Stable branch.

Last edited by ImHackinBored!; 07-29-2009 at 20:18. Reason: Forgot something
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-31-2009 , 10:31   Re: Cheat Control (for cheat commands/cheat impulses/cheat client cvars) v1.4
Reply With Quote #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHackinBored! View Post
Actually A user CAN create the entity and control your server with it. Of course its only with cheats on but as I said I would like to Safely turn cheats on.
How would someone create this entity ? ent_create is blocked...

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"
powered by Core i7 3770k | 32GB DDR3 1886Mhz | 2x Vertex4 SSD Raid0
ImHackinBored!
Old 08-01-2009 , 01:50   Re: Cheat Control (for cheat commands/cheat impulses/cheat client cvars) v1.4
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHackinBored! View Post
It would still be nice to find a method of just blocking this and not the entire "ent_create" string.
Maybe this was vague? Since I would like more than admins to be able to use it at times, I would of enabled ent_create as its required in nearly any script/cheat. So, Point Server/Client Commands would need to be blocked.
berni
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-01-2009 , 19:19   Re: Cheat Control (for cheat commands/cheat impulses/cheat client cvars) v1.4
Reply With Quote #124

A point_servercommand entity alone doesn't do anything, you need something like ent_fire to execute commands on the server... and as long ent_fire is blocked you can't do anything.

When people ask me "Plz" just because it's shorter than "Please" I feel perfectly justified to answer "No" because it's shorter than "Yes"