Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Translation Tool Open

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 02-26-2008 , 23:55   Re: Translation Tool Open

I would not do this in the official translations, simply as a matter of consistency.
Old 02-27-2008 , 01:34   Re: Translation Tool Open

Is there a size limit on the localized string?

I remember having some errors in SM logs with a couple of translations I did, and were a little on the long size.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-27-2008 , 07:15   Re: Translation Tool Open

It depends on where the string is used. If you show me a specific example I can give you a better answer.
Old 02-27-2008 , 08:23   Re: Translation Tool Open

This for example:

[SM] Plugin encountered error 4: Invalid parameter or parameter type
[SM] Native "SetMenuTitle" reported: Language phrase "Nominate Title" not found

Or this:

[SM] Fatal error encountered parsing translation file "rockthevote.phrases.txt"
[SM] Error (line 96, column 7: Line contained too many invalid tokens

I can't show you the linked translation file, because I was multitasking an on the fly correction of a full server at the time, and forgot to take a snapshot of that file. I remember that line 96 for example was pretty long (maybe 20% over the longest English string in that file, give or take).

But, is there a hard limit? Or some guidelines?

And some more guidelines about, perhaps, forbidden characters, something not handled by the TF2 text font or something?

On another subject, I can't log in, but maybe I reported this on the wrong forum: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67606
BAILOPAN
Old 02-27-2008 , 11:41   Re: Translation Tool Open

That sounds like there was an invalid or missing token somewhere, rather than the line being too long. SourceMod's parser keeps a buffer of 4095 characters.
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-27-2008 , 14:41   Re: Translation Tool Open

Is it possible to add support for external scripts to translation tool, so every scripter can add his own translation page for his script?
Send a message via ICQ to exvel
BAILOPAN
Old 02-27-2008 , 16:06   Re: Translation Tool Open

I wish I had time to do that, as I think it is an excellent idea. At the moment I don't though, I'd like to focus on getting 1.0 out. If there are any volunteers with good knowledge of writing secure PHP5+MySQL code, please contact me.
Old 02-27-2008 , 19:46   Re: Translation Tool Open

Good news to hear, unfortunately i can't login to the translation site (checked PW and Username twice). Might be again a problem with the special chars in my Username? If anybody would be so kind, to prevent this, just rename me to Isias instead of my corrent username. I would also like to take part in the german translation.

Last edited by Isias; 02-27-2008 at 19:49.
BAILOPAN
Old 02-27-2008 , 19:55   Re: Translation Tool Open

Isias: Done I will fix that for real when I get the chance.
Old 02-28-2008 , 01:52   Re: Translation Tool Open

I was finally able to trick the Translator Tool into login in. I did some submits to the French one.

Note : j'ai été surpris de voir que plusieurs personnes avaient déjà fait des propositions pour l'ensemble des fichiers ; tant mieux !

J'ai quand même fais quelques propositions différentes quand j'ai trouvé un meilleur terme, et surtout j'ai systématiquement soumis une proposition quand les règles de la ponctuation ou de la typographie française n'avaient pas été respectées (" n'existe pas en français pas exemple, pas en anglais non plus d'ailleurs ; c'est «» en français avec des espaces insécables).

Si certains de mes propositions apparaissent donc 100% identiques à ce qui existe déjà, c'est 99% du temps parce que j'ai remplacé dans la phrase l'apostrophe par un vrai apostrophe courbe.
Closed Thread