Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2007 , 17:12   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #131

Well I haven't used your non-redirect method so I don't know how it works in comparison.

Usually player would connect to the last player slot and it would give a warning to the player they are in a redirect slot and they will be kicked (time might be up to 60 seconds or so?)?

During that time (based on what happens with the redirect) if 3 players disconnect after the specified time even though the server is below the player threshold it would kick the person who was in the reserve slot.

But yeah you'd have to test, it happens it seems with the redirect at least because I watch rcon and we only have 1 reserve slot and they get kicked when there is sometimes 21/24 players for example.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
red!
Old 11-28-2007 , 19:08   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #132

No, there is no warning if you use drop_method=kick. You connect and the plugin disconnects you immediately with a message that you can not use the reserved slot. (I think the basic reserved slot plugin does it the same way nowadays)

If you use redirect - yes, this might happen in some cases, but you are the first one who sees this as a problem.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 12-03-2007 , 07:17   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #133

Any chance of getting some sort of fix for the redirect kicking Red? Got any ideas? Maybe the extra check before the final kick? I see a few people asking why they were kicked when there were slots free on the server, since the TF2 menu's are full-screen I've set the kick to 60 seconds.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
red!
Old 12-04-2007 , 12:59   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #134

I am a bit busy at the moment, and this has no real high priority thus i do not see this as a problem that occurs that often.
I will look after this when I do the next rework on the plugin. This will cause some work to keep the additional descission function consistent to the server-entry-check with a minimum of redundancy.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2007 , 17:11   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #135

Couldn't you just make a playercheck function that you call when the player joins and then you could just call it a second time before the kick?

On Join:

if (PlayerInReserveSlot(client))
{
start your timers and what not
}

then before the kick check again?
red!
Old 12-05-2007 , 20:00   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #136

no, it's not that easy. to calculate if a player has connected to a reserved slot, you need the number of total slots and the number of used slots. there is some kind of incosistency that differs from my intuitive view since when the player that currently connected is counted on top of the connected players. this does not necessarily have to be the same for the connection time and for your suggested second test. and keep in mind that i develop using counterstrike. different mods tend not to behave identically in all cases. so I need a solution that is a bit more than "I figured it out and it seems to behave okay for me".
LocutusH
Old 12-06-2007 , 05:57   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #137

" This plugin provides reserved slots for admins (or better: reserved connection slots) like in mani plugin."

Is manis reserve slots functioning really this way? (in 1.2s?)
red!
Old 12-06-2007 , 06:55   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #138

no, it does not behave like a mani-clone if this was your question. mani offers different reservation modes. one of them was missing in the basic reserved slot plugin, so i implemented it to this tool. Nowadays the basic plugin offers the "dynamic" reserved slots too, and I keep maintaining this plugin because i added some functions that have been requested by users.
But after all: you can implement all of manis reservation modes and options using this plugin OR the basic plugin.
LocutusH
Old 12-06-2007 , 07:01   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #139

Btw, great idea this dynamic thing
I just asked because i have a mani server yet, and didnt remember that it has this feature as well.
I am settling over to SM, but this takes time, until the config is that mature as the M.A.P. is.
abnvet
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-20-2007 , 19:32   Re: H-Reserved (Advanced Reserved Slots)
Reply With Quote #140

Hi there please dont flame because I have read through every page of this. I have this installed on two servers of mine from what I can tell it is working as it shows up as a plugin when I view the servers with HLSW. I am running this on TF2 servers btw.

I have sv_visiblemaxplayers 22 in my server.cfg and the settings in the plugin cfg is default minus I have the option to be redirected to another server.

My issue is this - my servers were 24 slots servers however I reduced them to 23 slots to allow for the reserved plugin which would allow my server to be balanced 11/11.

Anyway I can't connect through the normal way of steam because it shows my server full - so when I connected through console it then made my server 23 slots???

What I want is this I would like the 23 slots to be visible so that my admins can just connect through normal means of joining a game and the plugin do what it is suppose to do.

Would someome please assist me with this.