FF2 Half-Zatoichi lethality

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2014 , 02:07   Re: Half-Zatoichi lethality
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarysa View Post
Aside from the obvious case of the unheard of hale server where weapons with decapitation do over 130.0 base damage (390.0 crit), you'll also have the rare edge case where a zat could kill a 300 HP hale faster than expected. (though even that may not happen, since in my example the zat soldier did more than 2x the hale's existing health)
PHP Code:
case 357:
{
 if (
damage 65.0)
 {

damage 65.0;
 }

Theoretically this should always stop players from killing Hale with the half zatoichi if you place it in OnTakeDamage in ff2.sp or whatever the filename is. That is, for a player attacking Hale. Not Hale attacking player.

If it hits more than 195, try

damage = 21.666667;

Last edited by Chdata; 08-02-2014 at 02:21.
sarysa
Old 08-03-2014 , 01:30   Re: Half-Zatoichi lethality
Reply With Quote #12

Problem is this person is trying to distribute a boss to others, and telling people to modify their base FF2 code is a no-no for obvious reasons.
(and with all the folks who've forked already a 1.10.1 with this fix would accomplish little)

But that aside, it seems Zatoichi does almost exactly 3x current health base damage. So the code I listed would at least give server owners a little leeway in the unlikely event they give Zatoichi users bonus damage while still accomplishing the desired goals. Even if the hale has 195HP they'll take 585 base damage which'll get dropped to 65.0 and back to 195 with crits, so no bullshit scenarios here. ;P

Though in retrospect, if someone has an ability that prevents zatoichi damage from wigging out, the case I listed is moot. Damnit, foiled by logic.
Unless the ability were to have a parameter saying what it should be.

Maybe I'll add it to my next public rage pack. ;P

Last edited by sarysa; 08-03-2014 at 01:34.