Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Adding weapon animations/poses to an existing boss model?

Post New Thread Reply   

93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-11-2014 , 16:43   Adding weapon animations/poses to an existing boss model?
Reply With Quote #1

So to make a long story short..

i have a boss that's based on the medic, and its model is binded to the medic's skeleton for the animations/poses.

Now the deal is, since the stock Medic animations/poses lacks animations/poses to hold the Huntsman/Fortified Compound properly (reference pose), i'm trying to figure out how to replace ONLY the primary weapon animations/poses so that it uses the sniper's primary weapon animations/poses, while the rest of the animations/poses are the normal medic ones (secondary, melee, taunts, etc.)

I am well aware that decompiling and editing certain files are going to be necessary to be able to recompile them with said animations so that it doesn't go to a reference pose when holding said weapon.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 09-11-2014 at 16:44.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2014 , 02:05   Re: Adding weapon animations/poses to an existing boss model?
Reply With Quote #2

You can't just seitch them, because the sniper and medic don't have the same bones. And even the bones that are the same do not have the same angles/lengths.. So the animations would deform the mesh badly. You could make your own animations with the medics bones, but it would take a good amount of time. It's easier to just use the crusader's crossbow instead.
93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-12-2014 , 08:01   Re: Adding weapon animations/poses to an existing boss model?
Reply With Quote #3

In that case i might as well improvise with a second model that's binded to the Sniper's skeleton for the time being as part of a rage DOT (along with the weapon) until the custom animations are done.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 09-12-2014 at 08:02.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-12-2014 , 16:12   Re: Adding weapon animations/poses to an existing boss model?
Reply With Quote #4

Well, you could rebuild the medic's model but include the sniper's animation's instead.
Just bonemerge the sniper's skeleton reference in and relevant attachments.