Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.7 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 06-02-2015**

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

klexen
Old 05-30-2015 , 19:18   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeBoyMagic View Post
Unfortunately it doesnt. When i join i cant join a team and im just staring at the map.

The server doesnt seem to recognize the server.cfg at all and i cant change the map or use any other server cvar.

WOW!

alright i have finally found out how to get the server out of this state. I disabled every source mod plugin. That fixed it. Now i have to find out which one of them fucks up the server.
Make sure you're running the latest stable snapshot of Sourcemod and Metamod.

DopeBoyMagic
Old 05-30-2015 , 20:14   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
Originally Posted by klexen View Post
Make sure you're running the latest stable snapshot of Sourcemod and Metamod.
I do.

So i kinda figured it all out now.

THE BIG PROBLEM is the exception_list.txt.

How exactly does it have to look like?

Quote:
// The climbers menu of KZTimer blocks menus of other plugins.
// Here you are able to add exceptions for menu trigger commands. (e.g. sm_knife) [Requires server restart]

sm_knife
or
Quote:
// sm_knife
I got the plugin to work even after a server restart without having anything there in the exception list but as soon as i enter sm_knife everything crashes again.
klexen
Old 05-30-2015 , 20:21   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
I do.

So i kinda figured it all out now.

THE BIG PROBLEM is the exception_list.txt.

How exactly does it have to look like?

or

I got the plugin to work even after a server restart without having anything there in the exception list but as soon as i enter sm_knife everything crashes again.
I'm not sure how or why that would cause the issue you had described earlier. At least not without looking at the KZTimer source code. I'll check it out tomorrow before I release version 2.5.5.

Did you have this issue with 2.5.2?

Edit: Took a quick look at the code. I think you need to put "sm_knife" in quotes in that exception_list text file.

Last edited by klexen; 05-30-2015 at 20:40.
DopeBoyMagic
Old 05-30-2015 , 20:42   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
I'm not sure how or why that would cause the issue you had described earlier. At least not without looking at the KZTimer source code. I'll check it out tomorrow before I release version 2.5.5.

Did you have this issue with 2.5.2?
I can reproduce the issue now. And yeah i had the issue with 2.5.2. and my only solution to the weird hibernation state was to completely wipe to server and set it up all over again. Thats why i didnt bother using a knife mod at all.

Luckily i finally figured out how to get the server in and out of it by disabling every plugin.

After disabling all the plugins i can just reinstall the KZ Timer and the server works again.

If i however add "sm_knife" into the exception list it will "crash" again and become unusable.

Now it works even after a restart and the knifeupgrade plugin is usable in combination with the KZ Timer. The only thing that is not working is the menu but thats a minor issue at this point.

The interaction between exception list and complete server crash is as fascinating as it is frustrating to me. Maybe you are able to find out why that happens

Edit:

I tried "sm_knife" in quotes. Doesnt work and it kills the server just as sm_knife and all the other versions i have tried :/.

Last edited by DopeBoyMagic; 05-30-2015 at 20:45.
klexen
Old 05-30-2015 , 20:44   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
I can reproduce the issue now. And yeah i had the issue with 2.5.2. and my only solution to the weird hibernation state was to completely wipe to server and set it up all over again. Thats why i didnt bother using a knife mod at all.

Luckily i finally figured out how to get the server in and out of it by disabling every plugin.

After disabling all the plugins i can just reinstall the KZ Timer and the server works again.

If i however add "sm_knife" into the exception list it will "crash" again and become unusable.

Now it works even after a restart and the knifeupgrade plugin is usable in combination with the KZ Timer. The only thing that is not working is the menu but thats a minor issue at this point.

The interaction between exception list and complete server crash is as fascinating as it is frustrating to me. Maybe you are able to find out why that happens
Make sure you read my edit from my previous post.

Edit: If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is. I do know it has nothing to do with my plugin though.

Last edited by klexen; 05-30-2015 at 20:47.
DopeBoyMagic
Old 05-30-2015 , 20:52   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
Make sure you read my edit from my previous post.

Edit: If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is. I do know it has nothing to do with my plugin though.
Its just stupid that the KZ Timer blocks menus of other plug ins. That is the real issue here.

There must be an easier solution for everyone
Tanskin
Old 05-30-2015 , 22:33   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
Its just stupid that the KZ Timer blocks menus of other plug ins. That is the real issue here.

There must be an easier solution for everyone
You can't have any spaces/empty lines in the exception list for KZTimer. Add sm_knife without quotations under the last comment in the file and restart the server.
neploho
Old 05-31-2015 , 17:39   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

What are these messages?

Quote:
Unknown command "sm_knifeupgrade_goldknife_crash"
Unknown command "sm_knifeupgrade_round_crash"
Schpraaankiii
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2015 , 17:46   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness_ View Post
Try disabling franug_weaponpaints and leave knife upgrade on and see if it still crashes.
That did the trick. Still I would like to have it on. Anyone who could find a fix plz PM me.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2015 , 19:40   Re: [CS:GO] Knife Upgrade 2.5.4 (Saves Knife Selection) **Updated 05-27-2015**

Quote:
I can understand why the plugin in its entirety is banned from the site. We don't want it spreading everywhere and being abused, which would attracted unwanted attention from Valve. With that said, I can't see a problem why helping those of you who already have the plugin+sourcecode should be an issue.
I agree with it. While the plugin published lest, allowing his excessive use, then it will be fine.

Also for people that add me in steam requesting me private support for the public version, I say that I only support my private version because I dont accept private requests altruistically (for free) (I do not have a lot of free time atm to do that) so dont lose your time trying to contact with me for it.

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 05-31-2015 at 20:26.
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
Closed Thread