Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Smarmy
Old 06-29-2013 , 07:51   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1271

So, apparently if you grab the intel and go AFK and this moves you, the intel will go along with you and not be able to be picked up any longer.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2013 , 18:22   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1272

Sorry guys just came back from 3 weeks leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnvet View Post
If I wanted this to be more specific for admin immunity i.e someone with flag "a" for reserved slots would I change this:

Code:
CvarAdminsFlag = CreateConVar("sm_afk_admins_flag", "", "Admin Flag for immunity? Leave Blank for any flag.");
to

Code:
CvarAdminsFlag = CreateConVar("sm_afk_admins_flag", "", "Admin Flag for immunity? Leave Blank for any flag.");a
You would just change sm_afk_admins_flag to "a" in the configuration file?? Plus make sure you have the Admin Immunity cvar enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
So, apparently if you grab the intel and go AFK and this moves you, the intel will go along with you and not be able to be picked up any longer.
Really? Can someone please confirm this?

I wonder if this is similar to the CS bomb issue where the player was required to be suicided before being moved in order to properly drop the bomb and cause the round to end. Otherwise if you were the last player on the team and got AFK moved without suicide the round would not end until the round timer ended.

Can someone who is willing to test the Intel issue with me please send me a PM with some server details and contact information and I'll try and talk to work with them to fix the issue.

Last edited by Rothgar; 07-01-2013 at 18:27.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
AeroAcrobat
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-02-2013 , 01:42   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Really? Can someone please confirm this?
Old 07-05-2013 , 21:36   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1274

Ok, I have created a fix for this by looping through all Flags when a player is being moved and dropping them if they are on the AFK client before moving.

I wanted to do this in case someone made a weird mode for spawning flags or deleting and creating new flags or maps with multiple flags etc, I believe it should work fine and hopefully does not impact performance.

I need some people to test the plugin before I release the fix though as I tested on a localhost server with bots and want to make sure the client index matching and stuff works.

Can someone that is interested message me some contact details and we can test this on a more populated server, thanks.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-07-2013 , 03:57   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1275

Also I have added a few new features to the AFK Manager for next release, this can now be compiled with the colors.inc so that the prefix/tag has color. I am currently using {olive} for the brackets and {green} for the tag and then {default} for the message.

I have opted to leave the sm_afk_move command to not use colors as the default "colors.inc" did not have a ShowActivity2 option and "morecolors.inc" did but I think there are inconsistencies in both...

i.e. they both includes use the same define to check inclusion so I can not differentiate easily if one is being used or the other? I was going to use CFormat and just transfer the code from morecolors.inc but morecolors.inc does not have "CFormat" so again it could cause people issues depending on what include people tried to use, so I figured it was not worth the hassle/amount of code inclusion to get it working.

Additionally there is now a abbreviated prefix option to change "AFK Manager" to "AFK" in chat messages.

I'll release once someone has tested the Intelligence fix with me.
cssBOT
Old 07-09-2013 , 21:49   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1276

Just noticed today something appears to be broken (for cs:s) anyways. It kicked one player for afk when it hit sm_afk_kick_min_players threshold but didn't kick any more players for the remainder of the map. Next map same thing, kicks one afk but no more.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2013 , 05:31   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1277

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssBOT View Post
Just noticed today something appears to be broken (for cs:s) anyways. It kicked one player for afk when it hit sm_afk_kick_min_players threshold but didn't kick any more players for the remainder of the map. Next map same thing, kicks one afk but no more.
Have you got sm_afk_log_warnings set to 1?

When you check the log is it having problems with player counts or something that is causing it to stop?
scorpadorp
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-10-2013 , 10:23   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1278

Rothgar, here is the problem that was never fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpadorp View Post
I didn't read through the 100+ pages to find out if this is a common problem.

Once a person is moved to spectate by AFK move and they join a team afterwards, it still shows the client in spectate (so when you TAB they appear both in a team and spectate). This is quite annoying.

Is there a fix?
I use the Freak Fortrress 2 plugin for deathrun, where the activator sets off traps to kill the rest of red players in arena mode. This problem still persist and I was wondering how easy it would be fix.

Thanks.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2013 , 18:22   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpadorp View Post
Rothgar, here is the problem that was never fixed.

I use the Freak Fortrress 2 plugin for deathrun, where the activator sets off traps to kill the rest of red players in arena mode. This problem still persist and I was wondering how easy it would be fix.

Thanks.
Is this a problem for Arena Mode maps? Or is this a problem for any TF2 map? Or is this just a problem with the combination of mods you are running?

Can you do some tests? The only Issue I found before was with TF2 Arena mode for whatever reason when I moved players to the spectator team it did not update the player/scoreboard correctly and I had to implement a fix for Arena mode. I don't know what circumstances you are having problems or whether things have changed with updates but if you can provide more information and troubleshooting to narrow down the circumstances would help.
Avo
Old 07-11-2013 , 15:38   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.5.0 / Updated November 8th 2012)
Reply With Quote #1280

Hi there,

We are using your plugin on our server since several months now, very useful.

But we just find an issue on it : From round start, if you don't move your mouse (view), even if you're running through the map, the plugin thinks you are AFK and switch you to Spectators...

Could you resolve it ?

Thanks a lot