Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

HLDS won't work on linux

Post New Thread Reply   

El_Mariachi
Old 03-19-2024 , 11:50   HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #1

I followed every bit of this article "https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD" regarding setting up a linux cstrike server, but i get this error every time

"Console initialized.
Using breakpad crash handler
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 10
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
dlopen failed trying to load:
/home/steam/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so
with error:
/home/steam/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.7/Stdio (cstrike)
Exe build: 19:52:19 Aug 3 2020 (8684)
STEAM Auth Server
Server IP address 127.0.1.1:27015
couldn't exec listip.cfg
couldn't exec banned.cfg
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
"
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2024 , 00:23   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #2

Did you re-run the install command continuously until it stopped downloading files? Did you do anything else to the server before running it?

The commands you used (both for install and for starting it) could be useful to see if you made a mistake there after checking the above things.
Old 03-20-2024 , 00:32   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Did you re-run the install command continuously until it stopped downloading files? Did you do anything else to the server before running it?

The commands you used (both for install and for starting it) could be useful to see if you made a mistake there after checking the above things.
I did spam entry the command till it fully downloaded, I didnt do anything to the server before running it. I got it sorted for cstrike and hldm, but i have to run this exact entry "./hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 16 +map op_desert" otherwise it will throw a segmentation error, if i ran"./hlds_run -game cstrike +exec server.cfg" or "./hlds_run -game cstrike" it won't work.

And if I tried to start a server for this one mod called "The Opera" it will throw this error

"Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.2/Stdio (valve)
STEAM Auth Server
LoadLibrary failed on mefolder▒_▒▒▒_▒▒/./platform/joystick.cfg: mefolder▒_▒▒▒_▒▒/./platform/joystick.cfg: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from mefolder▒_▒▒▒_▒▒/./platform/joystick.cfg!
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from mefolder▒_▒▒▒_▒▒/./platform/joystick.cfg!"

HELP!
edit: tried HLDS out with action halflife mod and it threw the same error "ubuntu@vps-91b78720:~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Half-Life$ ./hlds_run -game action +maxplayers 16 +map ahl_bankdoom
Auto-restarting the server on crash

Console initialized.
Using breakpad crash handler
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 70
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
Protocol version 48
Exe version 1.1.2.2/Stdio (valve)
STEAM Auth Server
LoadLibrary failed on /Half-Li▒)▒▒▒)▒▒tform/joystick.cfg: /Half-Li▒)▒▒▒)▒▒tform/joystick.cfg: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from /Half-Li▒)▒▒▒)▒▒tform/joystick.cfg!
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from /Half-Li▒)▒▒▒)▒▒tform/joystick.cfg!"

edit: I'm on steam_legacy (pre_25thedition)

Last edited by El_Mariachi; 03-20-2024 at 01:20.
mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2024 , 10:16   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mariachi View Post
I'm on steam_legacy (pre_25thedition)
ok but steamcmd usually has to be run about three times to complete its installation more or less...
Old 03-20-2024 , 12:29   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
ok but steamcmd usually has to be run about three times to complete its installation more or less...
I did all of that... have a look
Quote:
debian@vps-91b78720:~/Steam$ sudo ./steamcmd.sh
tid(11809) burning pthread_key_t == 0 so we never use it
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.
Redirecting stderr to '/root/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
Logging directory: '/root/Steam/logs'
/tmp/dumps: is not owned by us - delete and recreate.
minidumps folder is set to /tmp/dumps
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
UpdateUI: skip show logoSteam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1709846822
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
bigdaddy424
Old 03-20-2024 , 21:18   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #6

try using https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader
Old 03-21-2024 , 00:43   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #7

I just installed "cstrike" with a single run of steamcmd on Linux. I tried to run the command that you claimed worked but it said that that map doesn't exist. It ran fine if I ran it with a map that does exist (like cs_assault). You always require the +map argument with a valid map. However, if I run it without the +map argument, it doesn't segfault but you can't really do anything.

I've never heard of a game called "action" but the steamcmd command seemed to download (something) completely on the first try but when I try to start it, it doesn't seem to exist ("Invalid game type 'action' sepecified. [SIC]"). I don't see a folder with the name "action".

HOWEVER, I just noticed something, I wonder if your biggest problem is that you're trying to install a standalone HLDS server in the location where the client game files are located, this is not good. A standalone HLDS server should be installed "standalone", away from anything else.
Old 03-21-2024 , 02:52   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
I just installed "cstrike" with a single run of steamcmd on Linux. I tried to run the command that you claimed worked but it said that that map doesn't exist. It ran fine if I ran it with a map that does exist (like cs_assault). You always require the +map argument with a valid map. However, if I run it without the +map argument, it doesn't segfault but you can't really do anything.

I've never heard of a game called "action" but the steamcmd command seemed to download (something) completely on the first try but when I try to start it, it doesn't seem to exist ("Invalid game type 'action' sepecified. [SIC]"). I don't see a folder with the name "action".

HOWEVER, I just noticed something, I wonder if your biggest problem is that you're trying to install a standalone HLDS server in the location where the client game files are located, this is not good. A standalone HLDS server should be installed "standalone", away from anything else.
so you're suggesting i gotta install it somewhere remote? like hlds under /home/rootusr/hlds and steamcmd under /home/rootusr/steamcmd
El_Mariachi
Old 03-21-2024 , 03:47   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #9

btw that's the list of steamclient.so files i got:
find -name steamclient.so

"./.steam/steamcmd/linux64/steamclient.so
./.steam/steamcmd/linux32/steamclient.so
./officialhlds/linux64/steamclient.so
./officialhlds/steamclient.so"
DruGzOG
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2024 , 10:35   Re: HLDS won't work on linux
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
This is no longer true. If anything he needs to append and sign into the steamcmd as you can't download valve/cs/cz/tfc on anonymous anymore