Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Changed what to open with.

Post New Thread Reply   

Sondr3h
Old 03-19-2007 , 08:40   Changed what to open with.
Reply With Quote #1

Firstly, I'm very new to this whole server- and AmxModX thing.

I accidentally changed what program I open the .AMXX files with. Usually, I can't open them at all, which is the standard... thing. If you don't understand what I mean:

They look like this now:

[IMG]http://img441.**************/img441/1139/imageec2.png[/IMG]

And I want them to look like this (ignore that these are .sma):

[IMG]http://img441.**************/img441/4862/imagemk2.png[/IMG]

-------

And another question: If files in the AmxModX folders are .sma, do I have to compile them? And how is that done?

-------

And one more: Some of the commands in AmxModX won't work (such as amx_weapon), what can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Sondr3h.

Last edited by Sondr3h; 03-19-2007 at 08:46.
D4ark
Old 03-20-2007 , 17:09   Re: Changed what to open with.
Reply With Quote #2

1. idk

2. If u just got sma files ( odd ), dl a compiler ( triple compiler etc ) or use the compiler u got in the server already ( should, but if all are sma, u prob dont.. )..... But if u decide to use the triple compiler, u open TPHeroes, then u make a folder called sh_heroname(ex sh_beast ) and put the sma in there.. Then u run the program called tripeCompile-TPHeroes, and it compiles the sma... if there is something wrong with the sma, it will show errors and warnings and wont compile it...Hope this helps

3. And this one... ive seen something similar... try and open plugins.ini ( not plugins-shero.. ) andsee if any of the names got ; in front of them ( telemenu.amxx usually got it at first...) and if it still dont work, u prob dont run the required module... open module.ini and remove the ; infront of the module u need ( fakameta, cstrike, csxx, engine and fun should all be running.. so if one of them got ; in front of them remove this...

Hope this will help u
Sondr3h
Old 03-20-2007 , 17:19   Re: Changed what to open with.
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you, very much!
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-20-2007 , 17:37   Re: Changed what to open with.
Reply With Quote #4

1. Open the Folder Options box from the Tools menu when you are viewing the contents of the folder. In the File Types tab, find the AMXX extension click the Delete button. If you can't click the Delete button, click the Restore button, then the Delete button

2. Unless you changed the contents of the file or you do not have the .amxx file in your plugins folder, there is really no need to compile the files. But, in case you do, you can just select all of the sma files you wish to compile and drag them onto the compile.exe program or just double click the compile.exe program to compile all sma files in that folder.

3. The amx_weapon command is used by a third-party plugin. So, make sure that you have that plugin installed on your server first.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Sondr3h
Old 03-20-2007 , 17:41   Re: Changed what to open with.
Reply With Quote #5

Thank you too, especially for the first one!

Last edited by Sondr3h; 03-20-2007 at 18:00.