Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

-[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Server Management       
pikachu
Old 10-03-2007 , 16:30   -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

I have run a couple of servers for a few years now and have always had issues with detecting hackers. Some of the biggest hacks out there that go undetected most of the time are anti flash hacks and no recoil hacks. Sometimes it's hard to determine if a player is cheating. I have devised a tool i have been running on my servers for over 2 years now that will help you to verify if a player is cheating or not. I call it -[LAPD]-Detective.

What the tool does. It will scan a person by way of taking control of the players character in game and cause the character to be blind. It will then force the player to pull out their primary weapon and fire the entire clip without being able to control the "spray" pattern. You as the admin must watch the player in first person to verify if the player has recoil or not. I admit this is not a foolproof way of detection but it helps. If after running the test you deem the player is in fact cheating you can run a second command on the player that will redo the scan and then display some nice text about how hacker programs where found, unbind all keyboard settings, and then it will automatically ban the player from your server. End of problem.

I am reluctant to post this plugin as it will inadvertently find its way into dare I say, a hackers hand. In turn I feel they might find away to counter it. But for the majority of server owners out there I feel every tool helps in keeping our player population happy. SO that is why I am releasing this tool. Mainly this tool is a scare tactic and a way to ban a player causing the player to think their hacks have been found out by a program. This puts the burden of banning someone off of you and onto a "plugin" easier to ban a person and not get flamed by the other players when the plugin announces it found hacks and then bans the player.

I would be interested if someone could actually come up with a way to fully scan a clients computer while they are connected to your game server and find if any files have been changed or altered.

To use this plugin simply compile the lapd.sma using Amxmodx's website plugin compiler. Then load it into your cstrike/addons/amxmodx/plugins folder.

Then add lapd.amxx to your cstrike/addons/amxmodx/plugins.ini file.

Commands to use plugin during game.
amx_scan - use this command to start a player scan.

If you feel the player is in fact hacking use the following command to ultimately ban the user:
amx_hacker

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by asherkin; 04-07-2024 at 17:04.
M249-M4A1
I <3 Mac
Old 10-03-2007 , 16:44   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

I'm pretty sure you can't scan the clients computer by normal means unless you have some 3rd party program, but that's already out of the question.

Nice plugin, to say the least, and very good description.

Oh, and not that it matters or anything, "charactor" should be spelled "character"

Last edited by M249-M4A1; 10-03-2007 at 16:47.
hoboman
Old 10-03-2007 , 17:16   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

or...you could use amx_flash and amx_exec player +attack, that come with amx_super

as for the future releases part: someone has recently released a pretty good cvar guard, which does just that

sorry to burst your bubble
Old 10-03-2007 , 17:17   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

You didn't state the difference between amx_scan and amx_hacker.

amx_scan doesn't seem to differ from Admin Forcefire (except it flashes the player numerous times, theres Admin Flash for that)) and amx_hacker appears to do almost the same thing except ban them...

Modifying client settings as you do is considerred to be slowhacking.

Also, one cannot "scan" a clients computer as you are requesting without the client installing a mod on their own part (which is extremely unlikely for them to do so).
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
pikachu
Old 10-03-2007 , 17:30   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Destros View Post
Modifying client settings as you do is considerred to be slowhacking.
Keep in mind this plugin DOES NOT change any settings on the players computer.
and to answer your question about not specifying what the second command does i think you should read the paragraph again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu
...If after running the test you deem the player is in fact cheating you can run a second command on the player that will redo the scan and then display some nice text about how hacker programs where found and it will automatically ban the player from your server...

Last edited by pikachu; 10-03-2007 at 17:34.
pikachu
Old 10-03-2007 , 17:37   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman View Post
or...you could use amx_flash and amx_exec player +attack, that come with amx_super

as for the future releases part: someone has recently released a pretty good cvar guard, which does just that

sorry to burst your bubble

Could you be more specific on who release the cvar guard so I may speak with them? FYI it may say i joined this forum this year but my tool was created 2 years ago and constantly updated to the new amxx specs.
Old 10-03-2007 , 17:52   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Never mind i found the thread for the Cvar Guard. Excelent comment.
Old 10-03-2007 , 17:56   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

You don't always have to add a new comment, editing works
Old 10-03-2007 , 18:20   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Destros View Post
amx_scan doesn't seem to differ from Admin Forcefire (except it flashes the player numerous times, theres Admin Flash for that)) and amx_hacker appears to do almost the same thing except ban them...
Old 10-03-2007 , 23:22   Re: -[LAPD]-Detective (anti hacker tool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
Keep in mind this plugin DOES NOT change any settings on the players computer.
Wrong... Can you be certain that you are changing the client cvars back to the values that the client had them originally? Also, you do change the values of the cvars with you use the second command.

Also, this will not always work correctly.
Code:
server_cmd("amx_ban %s",playername)
Actually, it never will. You are forgetting the length of the ban. Try this
Code:
server_cmd("amx_ban ^"%s^" 0",playername)

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Closed Thread