Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 11:21   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
I'm not sure how you could miss the announcement at the top of every single forum, I'll edit the theme to make it fluorescent rainbow colours next time.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/announ....php?f=59&a=42
It would probably be a good idea to move announcements to the top of the forum listing. I couldn't even find the donation page until I manually searched for it on Google. ITT: reasons why I hate vBulletin ;)

Last edited by Mr. Man; 04-18-2013 at 11:22.
Klauus
Old 04-18-2013 , 11:52   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
I'm not sure how you could miss the announcement at the top of every single forum, I'll edit the theme to make it fluorescent rainbow colours next time.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/announ....php?f=59&a=42

But SM 1.5 is stable for MM 1.9.2?
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 04-18-2013 , 12:03   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
It would probably be a good idea to move announcements to the top of the forum listing.
It already is... It is the top most thread in every section on the forums

Quote:
I couldn't even find the donation page until I manually searched for it on Google.
You didn't see it on the left side at sourcemod.net ?

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 12:26   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
It already is... It is the top most thread in every section on the forums

You didn't see it on the left side at sourcemod.net ?
I was talking about the entire news section. I didn't notice the announcement until after I've read a thread. And I usually scan for the news section in any forum, which are usually located on the very top of listing, for new changes. Then again, I blame myself for bookmarking the forum section of AM instead of the main site.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2013 , 13:08   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
I was talking about the entire news section. I didn't notice the announcement until after I've read a thread. And I usually scan for the news section in any forum, which are usually located on the very top of listing, for new changes. Then again, I blame myself for bookmarking the forum section of AM instead of the main site.
It's... right above this thread on the News board...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	news board.png
Views:	175
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	118674  

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-18-2013 at 13:09.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2013 , 13:15   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

I am talking about this:

Edit: Holy God vB doesn't resize images like xF does. I've noticed that I miss a lot of SM news development because I don't even bother scrolling down. Then again, for sanity/organization reasons, you should keep them separate.

Quote:
I blame myself for bookmarking the forum section of AM instead of the main site.

Last edited by Mr. Man; 04-18-2013 at 13:17.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-18-2013 , 17:22   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
I am talking about this
AlliedModders is a forum for several separate products, most people who only care about SourceMod enter from the SourceMod category (hence the reorder we did a while back to make this easier for people).

You can also collapse sections you don't care about, this is my home page of the site.

I know this doesn't help at all now, but hopefully it might make your experience browsing AM less frictional.

As an addendum, that notice is at the top of every single category on the forum, not just this one. The notice box at the top of the index isn't very useful for stuff like this as it has a very tiny content area.
Old 04-18-2013 , 17:40   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
AlliedModders is a forum for several separate products, most people who only care about SourceMod enter from the SourceMod category (hence the reorder we did a while back to make this easier for people).

You can also collapse sections you don't care about, this is my home page of the site.

I know this doesn't help at all now, but hopefully it might make your experience browsing AM less frictional.

As an addendum, that notice is at the top of every single category on the forum, not just this one. The notice box at the top of the index isn't very useful for stuff like this as it has a very tiny content area.
No worries. I'll just start paying attention.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2013 , 18:14   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Actually, the announcement is only at the top of every board and doesn't appear on category pages (including the forums' entry page) at all. Which I believe was Mr. Man's complaint.
Old 04-19-2013 , 15:18   Re: SourceMod 1.5 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Is it out?
Wer can i find it?
Closed Thread