12% 

SourceBans-Fork [MOVED]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2015 , 16:49   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
Ok so I'm having really quite strange issues with SourceBans as mentioned in my previous posts, everything seems to be working fine other than the bans themselves, they seem to ban for either random periods of time, not actually enforce the ban or not let me remove bans. It's really really quite confusing, anyone with a working version of this, if you could drop me a PM with some contact details that'd be great. Willing to help out with a small reward if we can actually get this up and running without any issues!

This HAS to be an issue with the plugin/web panel somewhere. I add a 5 minute ban via the web panel and I go in game, try and join when banned and it says 5 hours.. I then unban myself, retry, same ban.. Deleted the ban, it's still there. I've tried the older version of the ingame plugin (from the fork github around 3-4 weeks ago), I've tried the updated one with the updates yesterday, neither is changing anything. There are no load errors with sourcebans, they're all loaded just fine so I'm baffled. It's been tested on TF2 & CS:GO, both on Windows & Linux servers and the same behaviour is being found all of them. Tried with the older version of the web panel from 3-4 weeks ago, tried with yesterdays update again (completely separate installs) so I'm well and truly stumped here. Why on Earth would I still be banned from the server when there is no ban in the database? Where is it getting the information from for this ban or where is it not updating to realise that the ban's been removed? As I typed this out I banned myself for 5 minutes from the web panel, I was kicked and banned. I immediately unbanned myself from the web panel (and deleted the ban) and retried, it told me I had a 5 hour ban. Strangely, after around 10 minutes, the ban magically lifted. What the hell is going on here lol, to say I'm confused is an understatement :-)

Just as a side note too, I read in another thread that this version had fixed the issue in CS:GO where instead of the IP address, it shows the client rate (128000) in the IP address column, though in this install (just pulled directly from github and installed) it's still doing it. Sarabveer, if you could get in touch if you have a spare 15 minutes, that'd be great as this is really causing a bit of a headache, we have 30+ servers to manage here :-(
When reporting a bug, you check the previous release, 1.5.1F, and you also check the latest 1.4.11 if it has the same bug.
Old 05-12-2015 , 17:57   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Hello, I downloaded your version 1.5.2F and I have to do this the topic download steamwork ---> https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2238058 [ LINUX VERSION ] but I have a problem when I turn on the server so naturally spawn in my SourceBans but can be connected to it. I'm clueless and do not know what to do ...

I am sorry for my English.

Thx jAkErCZ

Last edited by jAkErCZ; 05-12-2015 at 17:58.
irepz
Old 05-13-2015 , 03:29   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by irepz View Post
Nothing to update on the webpanel or sql db ?
So i assume there is justp lugins and translations ?

EDIT : Just updated everything, but my sourceban insatll always tell me I'm running 1.5.1F-195
Latest release: 1.5.1F
Latest Git: 195
You have the latest release.
You have the latest Dev release

Last edited by irepz; 05-13-2015 at 04:11.
red4911
Old 05-13-2015 , 06:14   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
Add to sourcebans.cfg

Code:
// Should the plugin automaticaly add the server to sourcebans
// (servers without -ip being set on startup need this set to 0)
"AutoAddServer"    "0"

Last edited by red4911; 05-13-2015 at 06:14.
Wormy
Old 05-13-2015 , 08:18   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
Cause git193 and git194 were updates to the plugin, not the webpanel.

Also, the GitHub url was changed.

Update to 1.5.2F-git195
So I updated to 1.5.2F-git195 now, but I'm still having issues with the admin ranks disappearing. Is there something I have to add to sourcebans.cfg so it reads from admins.cfg instead? I'd rather not use Sourcebans for managing server admin permissions.

By the way I did a complete clean installation to git195, both for the webpanel and game servers.

edit: I noticed some options are missing in sourcebans.cfg now in git194 and higher, why is that?

Last edited by Wormy; 05-13-2015 at 08:59.
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2015 , 15:54   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormy View Post
So I updated to 1.5.2F-git195 now, but I'm still having issues with the admin ranks disappearing. Is there something I have to add to sourcebans.cfg so it reads from admins.cfg instead? I'd rather not use Sourcebans for managing server admin permissions.

By the way I did a complete clean installation to git195, both for the webpanel and game servers.

edit: I noticed some options are missing in sourcebans.cfg now in git194 and higher, why is that?
We switched to the SourceBans 1.5.0 Beta plugin.
Old 05-13-2015 , 17:01   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
So what should I do with the admin permission issue? I also tried adding permissions using the SourceBans web panel, but even that doesn't work.

Last edited by Wormy; 05-13-2015 at 17:01.
kevinnashsummer92
Previously known as:
kevinnashsummer92
Old 05-13-2015 , 17:26   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
So this means admins.cfg WILL and HAS to be useless?

That's quite stupid if you ask me, why are we forced to not use admins.cfg?
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2015 , 18:21   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispenz0r View Post
So this means admins.cfg WILL and HAS to be useless?

That's quite stupid if you ask me, why are we forced to not use admins.cfg?
The new plugin stores everything in SourceMod cache, this was answered before.

it does not write to the configs.
Old 05-13-2015 , 21:13   Re: SourceBans 1.5.2F-dev [FORK]

05/13/2015 - 21:11:16: [SM] Unable to load plugin "sb_bans.smx": Native "KeyValues.SetString" was not found
L 05/13/2015 - 21:11:16: [SM] Unable to load plugin "sb_familysharing.smx": Required extension "SteamWorks" file("SteamWorks.ext") not running
L 05/13/2015 - 21:11:16: [SM] Unable to load plugin "sourcecomms.smx": Native "KeyValues.SetString" was not found

how common is that error? should search around on the pages here, yeah ok steamworks then. i only see one for linux
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=229556

is there any for windows?

Last edited by Robin955; 05-13-2015 at 21:15.
Closed Thread