Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)

Post New Thread Reply   

ArchangelGabriel
Old 01-22-2014 , 15:40   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #31

On top of fixing the melee bug mentioned in the post above, can you also add (if possible in TF2) a zone where only one team has godmode and if they leave that zone, they don't have godmode anymore?
Old 01-22-2014 , 20:01   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #32

Also tried testing it on my TF2 server and the menu works but it won't let me name a zone. After I type in the name of the zone, nothing else pops up. When I go to the Zones menu, it won't let me select any zone at all. No zones are saved even after I just set one up. No errors in console. Any help?
Old 01-23-2014 , 02:23   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelGabriel View Post
On top of fixing the melee bug mentioned in the post above, can you also add (if possible in TF2) a zone where only one team has godmode and if they leave that zone, they don't have godmode anymore?
TF2 Melee bug has been resolved.
To enable/disable godmode you should create zone with custom punishment and get this plugin. After doing that, download attached plugin and test it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelGabriel View Post
Also tried testing it on my TF2 server and the menu works but it won't let me name a zone. After I type in the name of the zone, nothing else pops up. When I go to the Zones menu, it won't let me select any zone at all. No zones are saved even after I just set one up. No errors in console. Any help?
After naming/renaming a zone you should define its name in chat. Other than that make sure you are running SourceMod 1.5.1+, otherwise you will not able to name/rename it at all.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_zones_godmode.sp - 244 views - 1.2 KB)

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
http://twitch.tv/zadroot
ArchangelGabriel
Old 01-23-2014 , 15:30   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #34

Thank you, appreciate the help! I'll let you know asap if it works or if anything else goes wrong!
Old 02-02-2014 , 11:23   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #35

Is it possible to add some sort of timer, before the zone is activated?

IE in a spawn, and the plugin will force knife if you are in spawn after 20 seconds have passed, but otherwise you can use any weapon you want?

Regards
lordoflort
Old 02-02-2014 , 11:47   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #36

Yea, you can create a plugin and activate/diactivate zones by name.
Code:
public OnPluginStart() {     HookEvent("round_start", OnRoundStart) } public OnRoundStart(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast) {     ServerCommand("sm_diactzone myzone")     CreateTimer(20.0, Timer_ActivateZone, _, TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE) } public Action:Timer_ActivateZone(Handle:timer) {     ServerCommand("sm_actzone myzone") }

ArchangelGabriel
Old 02-03-2014 , 13:42   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #37

Sorry for the late feedback. Everything works great since my Sourcemod was updated. Just a quick suggestion, I don't know if it's even possible.

But it would be cool to be able to turn the zone you've created a different direction or even form it into a custom shape. Is there anyway that would be possible instead of going with the map orientation?
Old 02-03-2014 , 16:43   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #38

I think it`s possible. But to be honest I have no idea how to create (even realize) this. Some math & geometry skills is required, which I don't have so

ArchangelGabriel
Old 02-04-2014 , 10:12   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root_ View Post
I think it`s possible. But to be honest I have no idea how to create (even realize) this. Some math & geometry skills is required, which I don't have so
Oh that's alright. I'm sure you'll crack the code in the future!
Thanks a million for what you did with the godmode! And this plugin is amazing, nice work!

Last edited by ArchangelGabriel; 02-04-2014 at 10:13.
lordoflort
Old 02-08-2014 , 11:28   Re: [ANY] Map Zones (with forwards)
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root_ View Post
Yea, you can create a plugin and activate/diactivate zones by name.
Code:
public OnPluginStart() {     HookEvent("round_start", OnRoundStart) } public OnRoundStart(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast) {     ServerCommand("sm_diactzone myzone")     CreateTimer(20.0, Timer_ActivateZone, _, TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE) } public Action:Timer_ActivateZone(Handle:timer) {     ServerCommand("sm_actzone myzone") }
Seem to be working great! Although, if the round ends, before the timer is complete, it will bug out, and actiavate the zone at round start

Edit #1
Would this solve my problem?
Code:
public OnPluginStart() {     HookEvent("round_start", OnRoundStart)     HookEvent("round_end", OnRoundEnd) } public OnRoundStart(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast) {     ServerCommand("sm_diactzone myzone")     CreateTimer(28.0, Timer_ActivateZone, _, TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE) } public Action:Timer_ActivateZone(Handle:timer) {     ServerCommand("sm_acttzone myzone") } public OnRoundEnd(Handle:event, const String:name[], bool:dontBroadcast) {     KillTimer(Timer_ActivateZone, _, TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE) }

Edit #2
Also, would this be possible?

Code:
public OnPluginStart() {     FreezeTime = FindConVar("mp_freezetime") }

and then use FreezeTime when the timer is created, to add the freezetime, to the total timer? In case the freezetime at some point should need adjusting.
Code:
CreateTimer(25.0 + FreezeTime, Timer_ActivateZone, _, TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE)

Last edited by lordoflort; 02-08-2014 at 11:49. Reason: Ask another question