Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] SourceComms (0.9.266 - 22/11/2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

Smarmy
Old 07-03-2013 , 00:56   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
can you give instructions on how to remove the edits that we made to uninstall this from our install of sourcebans? as previously stated muting from web doesn't seem to be working and nobody here wants to take the time to troubleshoot so we've dropped it and would like to purge every trace of its terribleness from our install of sourcebans. thanks

to clarify.. muting text works but not voice for some reason. sourcebans works as it should and we dont use any other plugins that alter voice or chat. its literally this plugin with sourcebans and thats it. literally..
I don't think there is anyone in the world who can't figure out why you were banned before. People go out of their way to help others such as yourself, for free, and the most you can do is say it's terrible.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 02:52   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #142

Its remarkable that he even got a reply.

But on topic, if you cant uninstall something you installed. (Read: you made a backup prior before changing your complete config) then you started wrong. And if you dont have a backup, you should just revert the database changes and install a fresh set of sourcebans (and only keeping your uploads/configs) and ofcourse make a backup before you start.
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 09:53   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
I don't think there is anyone in the world who can't figure out why you were banned before. People go out of their way to help others such as yourself, for free, and the most you can do is say it's terrible.
I like your ad hominem and more importantly the meaning of your name "smarmy", pardon me if what you think of me is completely dismissed by me. if a plugin doesnt work then its bad. if there is no support then its terrible. please try to understand that its extremely frustrating to have a player micspaming and you mute them via the web and it doesnt work when muting their text chat does work. its like why does one function seem to work and the other not? theres no way it could be an error on my part because those functions arent independantly configurable. its also frustrating to report errors and go weeks without a response and the response you finally do get is equivalent to "have you tried turning it off and on again".

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelvuur View Post
Its remarkable that he even got a reply.

But on topic, if you cant uninstall something you installed. (Read: you made a backup prior before changing your complete config) then you started wrong. And if you dont have a backup, you should just revert the database changes and install a fresh set of sourcebans (and only keeping your uploads/configs) and ofcourse make a backup before you start.
thanks ill do this

Last edited by lyric; 07-03-2013 at 10:17.
nomy
Old 07-03-2013 , 10:21   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
I like your ad hominem and more importantly the meaning of your name "smarmy", pardon me if what you think of me is completely dismissed by me. if a plugin doesnt work then its bad. if there is no support then its terrible. please try to understand that its extremely frustrating to have a player micspaming and you mute them via the web and it doesnt work when muting their text chat does work. its like why does one function seem to work and the other not? theres no way it could be an error on my part because those functions arent independantly configurable. its also frustrating to report errors and go weeks without a response and the response you finally do get is equivalent to "have you tried turning it off and on again".
I think the problem is not this plugin as its been approved and it's working on 491 Servers inc mine... I think you are doing something wrong.

When the author asked you for plugin list, you didn't provided it and instead said "It's literally this plugin". You need sourcebans for it to work and you also need basecomm plugin from SM version 1.5 hg3761 or above. If you cant figure out the problem yourself, you need to provide the plugin list, extension list, meta list and plugin print so people can help you if they have free time.

To uninstall, look at the install instructions and try to reverse the changes it had asked you. You must have taken a backup.

If you dont have any backup, make a backup of the sourceban's web files. Overwrite from sourcebans package and keep your sourcebans config which has all your database info. That should remove sourcecomms but there will be tables or fields from sourcecomms in sourcebans database that you would have to delete manually.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 10:24   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomy View Post
I think the problem is not this plugin as its been approved and it's working on 491 Servers inc mine... I think you are doing something wrong.

When the author asked you for plugin list, you didn't provided it and instead said "It's literally this plugin". You need sourcebans for it to work and you also need basecomm plugin from SM version 1.5 hg3761 or above. If you cant figure out the problem yourself, you need to provide the plugin list, extension list, meta list and plugin print so people can help you if they have free time.

To uninstall, look at the install instructions and try to reverse the changes it had asked you. You must have taken a backup.

If you dont have any backup, make a backup of the sourceban's web files. Overwrite from sourcebans package and keep your sourcebans config which has all your database info. That should remove sourcecomms but there will be tables or fields from sourcecomms in sourcebans database that you would have to delete manually.
I understand. but we literally only run this plugin and sourcebans. there is no other plugin at all since we only use this on 1 of our servers. there are no further extensions either.

Last edited by lyric; 07-03-2013 at 14:46.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2013 , 14:45   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #146

i dropped the table that sourcecomms was using and deleted all files related to it on the webserver. i then replaced all files except my config file with a freshly downloaded sourcebans install and i cant seem to get rid of this thing no matter what..

also want to add that before removing this we looked at the database and the mutes and such were stored in the db as expected. it looks like your sourcecomms.smx is the cause of the problem even though there are no error logs. i mean what else could it be in an environment where sourcebans and sourcecomms are the only installed plugins on the entire server???? its safe to also mention we dont use the contemporary sb_ prefix for our tables for security purposes and maybe everyone that isnt have issue with this are using the standard sb_ db prefix and there is maybe a slight issue with those who dont that nobody has noticed. either way we have uninstalled it for the most part (see above) and are happy now using floor masters permanent mute plugin instead

Last edited by lyric; 07-03-2013 at 16:29.
untamed316
Old 07-03-2013 , 16:59   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #147

NVM i guess.

Last edited by untamed316; 07-03-2013 at 17:03.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2013 , 11:13   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
i dropped the table that sourcecomms was using and deleted all files related to it on the webserver. i then replaced all files except my config file with a freshly downloaded sourcebans install and i cant seem to get rid of this thing no matter what..

also want to add that before removing this we looked at the database and the mutes and such were stored in the db as expected. it looks like your sourcecomms.smx is the cause of the problem even though there are no error logs. i mean what else could it be in an environment where sourcebans and sourcecomms are the only installed plugins on the entire server???? its safe to also mention we dont use the contemporary sb_ prefix for our tables for security purposes and maybe everyone that isnt have issue with this are using the standard sb_ db prefix and there is maybe a slight issue with those who dont that nobody has noticed. either way we have uninstalled it for the most part (see above) and are happy now using floor masters permanent mute plugin instead
still need help removing this
Old 07-06-2013 , 12:56   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #149

https://github.com/d-ai/SourceComms/...es_to_edit.txt

Reverse the instructions.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-06-2013 , 13:56   Re: [ANY] SourceComms (0.9.8 - 30/06/2013)
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomy View Post