Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

MDK7039
Old 08-21-2007 , 18:07   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

im having problems with this mod i dled it and i set it all correctly but the problem is the count bot dosnt work it says -1/-1 and no map but when i click it connects me to the server
Send a message via AIM to MDK7039
hoboman
Old 08-21-2007 , 22:42   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

2 questions:

1. is it possible to make the user connect to a pw protected server, like can they enter the pw to connect to a private server?
2. how can i disable the thing that says "you have been connected to this server from that server"
MDK7039
Old 08-22-2007 , 23:24   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

amxx.cfg

redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 0
redirect_check_method 1
redirect_announce 60
redirect_announce_mode 3
redirect_announce_alivepos_x -1.0
redirect_announce_alivepos_y 0.01
redirect_announce_deadpos_x -1.0
redirect_announce_deadpos_y 0.35
redirect_show 1
redirect_adminslots 0
redirect_maxadmins 0
redirect_retry 0
redirect_hidedown 0
redirect_countbots 1
redirect_localslots 0

everything is dled to the right spot and heres a screen shot of wats happening

heres the serverlist ini file

[WATCHurBACK's [-FC-] Rune/hook server]
address=69.65.31.8
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
noauto=1
nomanual=1
nodisplay=0

[ChilleCharlies Zombie Mod Server]
address=77.248.91.156
port=113
cmdbackup=5
noauto=1
nomanual=1
nodisplay=0

Last edited by MDK7039; 08-22-2007 at 23:27.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2007 , 15:46   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_alive View Post
Same problem. Manual - OK, auto - not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
  • redirect_external_address - own external server address - only needed when you use DNS names instead of IPs in SERVERFILE - this must match the name in SERVERFILE - include the port!
which part of only needed when you use DNS names instead of IPs exactly didn't you understand? but ok, you actually can use it, just that you need to do it correctly. then again which part of include the port! was too difficult to understand?

you don't know what an IP is? you don't know what a port is? how do you connect to your server then?

so either don't set this CVAR at all, set it to "" or set it to "213.184.238.27:27017".

add made it even worse: he did not surround it by quotes.
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2007 , 16:06   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK7039 View Post
im having problems with this mod i dled it and i set it all correctly but the problem is the count bot dosnt work it says -1/-1 and no map but when i click it connects me to the server
where in your screenshot is the server you were connected to while you made the screenshot? in your server list i only see another server you want to connect to and a server that is on a port that is already reserved for another service
(btw, you should not use port numbers below 1024 in general)

if you have a server and want to set it so it can redirect to 2 more servers, you need 3 servers in your list. the one the plugin is running on and the 2 other servers.

as it says in the description:
"All servers must have the same SERVERFILE."
if you only have server B and C in your server list, you might think server A can redirect to them. but as all servers have to have the same server list and you take this list and copy it to server B and C they both won't ever know about server A as it is not in the list, right? so people that had themselves redirected to B or C would never be able to get back to A.

so just put them all in the list and distribute this to all servers and there you go
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2007 , 16:17   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman View Post
2 questions:

1. is it possible to make the user connect to a pw protected server, like can they enter the pw to connect to a private server?
2. how can i disable the thing that says "you have been connected to this server from that server"
1. the problem is, that CS does not provide features to let a script/plugin ask for user input (like in this case a password) and work with what the user typed. i got out of the engine what was possible: you can set a password in your serverlist.ini and this way allow either everyone or only admins to redirect to a passworded server.
2. you currently can't turn it off. you can file a feature request in Flyspray and i will add it in a future version.
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2007 , 16:29   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guenhwyvar View Post
EDIT
Another one: On my 20 slot italy, with redirect_adminslots 0, xRedirect blocks the 20th slot:
this is how it is supposed to work. if all other servers are full the plugin can't redirect people and thus drops them.
the local server is full and all others too, what else should the plugin do in this case?
the last slot always has to remain unused, we had this topic thousand times here. if the plugin would accept the 20th person automatic redirection would not work anymore from thereon. for the plugin to be able to redirect people they at first have to be connected. but how can player 21 ever be connected on a 20 slot server?
Old 08-23-2007 , 16:56   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
1. the problem is, that CS does not provide features to let a script/plugin ask for user input (like in this case a password) and work with what the user typed. i got out of the engine what was possible: you can set a password in your serverlist.ini and this way allow either everyone or only admins to redirect to a passworded server.
2. you currently can't turn it off. you can file a feature request in Flyspray and i will add it in a future version.
2. lol maybe i will to edit it out in the .sma,
it just pisses me off that sometimes when I connect to a server ( not redirected ) it says, for example: "redirected to KI Assault server from the KI Assault server"

will it work if i comment out this line:
Code:
format(sAnnounceText, MAX_MENUBODY_LEN - 1, "%L", nID, "MSG_REDIRFROM", g_saServerNames[g_nOwnServer], g_saServerNames[nLastServer])
btw,
Code:
MSG_REDIRFROM = Welcome to %s, you have been redirected here from %s

Last edited by hoboman; 08-23-2007 at 17:57.
MDK7039
Old 08-23-2007 , 17:08   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

awesome ill try it now
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2007 , 18:15   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman View Post
it just pisses me off that sometimes when I connect to a server ( not redirected ) it says, for example: "redirected to KI Assault server from the KI Assault server"
but then why do you ask how to disable the message instead of telling me that there is this bug right from the start?

to fix it try the following:

find a few lines above the line with
Code:
if (nLastServer >= 0)
and replace it with:
Code:
if ((nLastServer >= 0) && (nLastServer != g_nOwnServer))

now it should only be displayed when you really came from a different server
please let me know if this works!

nevertheless this case should never occur. are you sure you have all servers in your server lists in the same order on all servers?

Last edited by xOR; 08-23-2007 at 18:26.
Closed Thread