Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

ImHackinBored!
Old 07-30-2010 , 00:58   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #721

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
@1: Yes.
@2: No, I don't believe so.
@3: Ok? The bot doesn't earn points... Right?
@1: Great!
@2: No it shouldnt be doing that or No thats how it should/is going to work?
@3: No it doesn't but some(players) are driven into negative points. Maybe make it so players cant go negative? Or cap a minimum points somewhere that way once you reach the minimum you dont keep digging yourself in a hole if your new and "have a bad day".
Old 07-30-2010 , 01:20   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHackinBored! View Post
@1: Great!
@2: No it shouldnt be doing that or No thats how it should/is going to work?
@3: No it doesn't but some(players) are driven into negative points. Maybe make it so players cant go negative? Or cap a minimum points somewhere that way once you reach the minimum you dont keep digging yourself in a hole if your new and "have a bad day".
I think menus have a limited length, so there's a spill-over to the next "page".
The plugin does not currently check score values before changing them. I may add that in the future.
Old 07-30-2010 , 06:50   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #723

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHackinBored! View Post
The best way to avoid players ending up with negative points is to lower the Death Penalty Points down to 1 point in the tf2-stats.cfg

Code:

// :: Death Penalty
rank_Demomandiepoints                       "1"
rank_Engineerdiepoints                      "1"
rank_Heavydiepoints                         "1"
rank_Medicdiepoints                         "1"
rank_Sniperdiepoints                        "1"
rank_Pyrodiepoints                          "1"
rank_Soldierdiepoints                       "1"
rank_Spydiepoints                           "1"
rank_Scoutdiepoints                         "1"
- Lob (UK)
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2010 , 07:20   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #724

also is a decent idea to give every one some points to start out with... we start every one at 1000 points...
Old 07-30-2010 , 07:41   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #725

Might I suggest a cvar to allow X points per player for cap and keep the X points per team for cap when you make the change? This way we can decide if we want the whole team to get points and additional for the people that actually capped it. Or if we only want to award the players that capped. Or if we only want the whole team to get the award.
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2010 , 10:10   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #726

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
In addition to the whole team? or?
I would say in addition to. But maybe award the team 1 point and the person that caps 4 points.

edit: Whoops, didn't see the second page with posts.... Jameless, there is a cfg file where points can be specified for each event so i would assume Darthninja would use that so we can set the points we want to give for each event. a cvar that can be used to determine addition/or would be nice.

Last edited by eraserhead; 07-30-2010 at 10:14.
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
gigabyte128
Old 08-09-2010 , 03:39   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #727

Great plugin I like it, much simpler than HLStatsX. Only thing I don't like is the inability to to edit how the plugin uses chat, like on my server its displayed like this:

[RANK] {PLAYERNAME} has connected from . [Rank: 2 of 2]

Is there a way to change [RANK] to whatever you want and change "has connected from . [RANK: X of X] (it doesn't make sense)? I like consistency and its kind of in the way of that.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-09-2010 , 08:34   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #728

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabyte128 View Post
Great plugin I like it, much simpler than HLStatsX. Only thing I don't like is the inability to to edit how the plugin uses chat, like on my server its displayed like this:

[RANK] {PLAYERNAME} has connected from . [Rank: 2 of 2]

Is there a way to change [RANK] to whatever you want and change "has connected from . [RANK: X of X] (it doesn't make sense)? I like consistency and its kind of in the way of that.
RANK can be changed to something else with the chattag cvar.
Rank 2 of 2 was changed recently, make sure you have the new version. It now says "Rank 2 out of 2."

I'm going to fix the geo blank-string error soon, right now I'm finishing up some other projects.
has connected from "GEO".
Old 08-09-2010 , 12:30   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #729

DarthNinja, your codes made my eyes bleed with all those messed up indentations. No offense but It's really hard to make sense out of what you write so Ive run through every lines and fixed all the the indentation for you
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2_stats.sp - 93 views - 152.1 KB)

Last edited by Mlk27; 08-09-2010 at 12:32.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-09-2010 , 12:56   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.6.4/6.7.0]
Reply With Quote #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlk27 View Post
DarthNinja, your codes made my eyes bleed with all those messed up indentations. No offense but It's really hard to make sense out of what you write so Ive run through every lines and fixed all the the indentation for you
That's left from the previous author, there was no indentation in the file at all. I've been indenting stuff as I go along.
Thanks for the indenting, I will merge it into the next update.

Last edited by DarthNinja; 08-09-2010 at 13:01.