Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] PropHunt Redux (v3.3.3, 2015-07-12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2013 , 06:43   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 2, 2013-10-13)
Reply With Quote #11

Heads up:

Since SourceMod 1.5 is now recommended, ph_propmenu 1 likely won't work if you have an override set. Because of this, we're likely going to remove 1 as a valid value (but -1 and 0 will remain).

If you want the equivalent of ph_propmenu 1, put this in your admin_overrides.cfg:
Code:
propmenu ""
Note that this also applies to propreroll.

-1 will remain working as it does now (allow no-one), and 0 will allow anyone with the proper override to use it (the admin "c" permission by default).

This change will be incorporated into beta 3.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-14-2013 at 07:16.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-14-2013 , 19:00   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #12

New version: 3.0.0 beta 3

3.0.0 beta 3:
  • ph_propmenu and ph_propreroll no longer recognize the 1 value. To make them act like 1 again, set their cvars to zero and then the propmenu or propreroll override to ""
  • Opt-in Multimod is no longer compiled in by default, meaning you no longer need optin_multimod.inc.
  • New cvar: ph_staticpropinfo. Default: 1. If set to 1, periodically checks if a client has r_staticpropinfo set to 1. Previously, this was part of ph_antihack. Requested by Fearts.
  • Timers are now disabled between rounds. The control point is refreshed at the end of setup time and every 55 seconds afterwards.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (prophunt.sp - 207 views - 92.2 KB)
File Type: smx prophunt.smx (41.7 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-14-2013 at 19:00.
RoninTX
Old 10-15-2013 , 09:38   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #13

Hello guys from Prophunt,

I am making a Dedicated server TF2, Now I managed to get a server UP! (yeah go me!) for the very first time in my live!

Now I want to install Prophunt for my friends, but every single installation guide refuses to explain in DETAIL how to install a proper Prophunt.

I am using a Batch file to start the dedicated server with the following line:

`TF2\srcds.exe -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +servercfgfile +randommap +mapcyclefile +maxplayers 24`

Sreenshot folder structure

The map addons has the entire METAMOD en Sourcemod directories
Also in the Plugins directory is the Prophunt.smx

When I start my batch file I get the following error:
Sreenshot error

Can someone please help me how to load a proper Prophunt

Last edited by RoninTX; 10-15-2013 at 13:15.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-15-2013 , 09:51   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninTX View Post
Hello guys from Prophunt,

I am making a Dedicated server TF2, Now I managed to get a server UP! (yeah go me!) for the very first time in my live!

Now I want to install Prophunt for my friends, but every single installation guide refuses to explain in DETAIL how to install a proper Prophunt.

I am using a Batch file to start the dedicated server with the following line:

`TF2\srcds.exe -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +servercfgfile +randommap +mapcyclefile +maxplayers 24`

The map addons has the entire METAMOD en Sourcemod directories
Also in the Plugins directory is the Prophunt.smx

When I start my batch file I get the following error:

Can someone please help me how to load a proper Prophunt
Prop Hunt loaded on your server, but Prop Hunt only works with certain maps and cp_dustbowl isn't one of them.

You can get those maps from the PHResourcePack in the first post, or individually in the second post... which reminds me, I need to make a standalone download for sounds in the second post if you go that route.

PHResourcePack included a suggested mapcycle file as well. I think it's named mapcycle-prophunt.txt

Incidentally, I can tell from the error message you're seeing that you're also using an older version of Prop Hunt... the newer version doesn't unload itself (only disable) when running into a map it doesn't support.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-15-2013 at 09:55.
RoninTX
Old 10-15-2013 , 11:30   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #15

Powerlord,

Thanks for the advice. Just to be sure I have renewed everything and gotten sofar that I now have an Addons folder under my TF folder:

E:\SteamLibrary\D_SERVER2\tf2\tf\addons

Now it is VERY confusing as to where the files of the DATA and Resource pack have to go

PHDATApack has a ADDONS folder, so do those underlaying files have to go to the addons folder?

Also the PHresourcepack have a SOUND and MAPS folder. Where must these folders go?
Do I place them in E:\SteamLibrary\D_SERVER2\tf2\tf\addons or in E:\SteamLibrary\D_SERVER2\tf2\tf ?

Also how do I install the TF2 Items? it does not state anywhere where these files have to go.

ps: It is not as self-explanatory as some might state...

ps2: I have downloaded EVERY file you stated in your first post which was needed to get Prophunt working

Last edited by RoninTX; 10-15-2013 at 11:31.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-15-2013 , 12:00   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Powerlord,

Thanks for the advice. Just to be sure I have renewed everything and gotten sofar that I now have an Addons folder under my TF folder:

E:\SteamLibrary\D_SERVER2\tf2\tf\addons

Now it is VERY confusing as to where the files of the DATA and Resource pack have to go

PHDATApack has a ADDONS folder, so do those underlaying files have to go to the addons folder?

Also the PHresourcepack have a SOUND and MAPS folder. Where must these folders go?
Do I place them in E:\SteamLibrary\D_SERVER2\tf2\tf\addons or in E:\SteamLibrary\D_SERVER2\tf2\tf ?

Also how do I install the TF2 Items? it does not state anywhere where these files have to go.

ps: It is not as self-explanatory as some might state...

ps2: I have downloaded EVERY file you stated in your first post which was needed to get Prophunt working
PHDataPack needs to be extracted to the main tf/ directory. PHResourcePack can be extracted to either the main tf/ directory or to tf/custom/prophunt/ (tf/custom/ should exist, but you'll have to create prophunt under it to use this option).

As for TF2Items... it also needs to be extracted to the main tf/ directory. If you install SteamTools, the .dll or .so file needs to be copied to tf/addons/sourcemod/extensions/

Actually, I should create a new Steam Guide on how to set up the server or something.
Old 10-15-2013 , 12:24   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #17

Powerlord,

Awesome! together with a friend we managed to get it working.
Though I am still confused about the TF2 items.

If I see the folder structure it looks like it should be placed in the Sourcemod folder instead directly in the TF folder.

This is a minor question for configuration:

- How can we change the setup timer?
- How can we change the round timer?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-15-2013 , 12:39   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Powerlord,

Awesome! together with a friend we managed to get it working.
Though I am still confused about the TF2 items.

If I see the folder structure it looks like it should be placed in the Sourcemod folder instead directly in the TF folder.
I was looking in the zip file for TF2Items 1.6.0 hg256 (windows or linux) which had the addons directory in it. In theory, you could just unzip it and manually copy the contents of the gamedata and extension directories to their respective locations under addons/sourcemod/

As far as I know, TF2Items hg254 or newer is required on TF2Items at the moment due to the changes Valve made back in July... hg256 has some additional checks to prevent badly written plugins from crashing the server.

Quote:
This is a minor question for configuration:

- How can we change the setup timer?
- How can we change the round timer?
The waiting for players time is set by Prop Hunt itself to 40 seconds. This is to allow additional time for people to download the maps. I've considered removing this and recommending people use sm_cvar to set mp_waitingforplayers_time.

The pre-round timer is always set to 20 seconds. This is set to allow hunters to change their classes or loadouts... because otherwise players may get stuck as Pyros when they wanted to play as a different class. Then again, hunters are usually going to be Pyros... This could be controlled by a cvar, but in fact Prop Hunt is just overriding an existing cvar to set it (tf_arena_preround_time).

The setup timer is always 30 seconds long to give props time to hide. In theory, this could be controlled by a cvar, but there currently isn't an option for this.

The round timer is read from the map configuration files in tf/addons/sourcemod/data/prophunt/maps/. It's different for each map and based on how large the map is. Note that this amount of time includes the 30-second setup time for compatibility with Prop Hunt 1.93.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-15-2013 at 12:42.
Leonardo
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2013 , 13:12   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #19

@RoninTX,

oh, please.
RoninTX
Old 10-15-2013 , 13:12   Re: [TF2] Prop Hunt Redux (v3.0.0 beta 3, 2013-10-14)
Reply With Quote #20

Powerlord,

Thanks you very much for your time and I am currently working on a readme file for people who make a TF2 dedicated server from nothing, through the use of steamcmd.

Also I noticed I did indeed use an older version of the TF2Items, which made it crash after everyone disconnected.

Also thank you for your anwer on the timers, it seems after a few rounds of play testing these timers did not need any tuning (except for the occasional whiner about the hiding timer for the props).

Sofar we are loving this mod.

there came a question though from one of my friends:

- Is it possible to change what kind of prop you are, or is it randomly selected and you are stuck with it the entire round?

ps: @Leonardo fixed my post with proper tags

Last edited by RoninTX; 10-15-2013 at 13:16.