Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/2] Campaign Manager

Post New Thread Reply   

Newf
Old 12-30-2009 , 18:43   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #21

i'm trying this now, the plugin doesn't seem to be changing gamemodes properly.

i switched form a versus game to scavenge to dead center, it spawned the survivors below the floor, and when we tried a different map, i just loaded up as campaign, i tried again, and it switched to versus. scavenge doesn't seem to be working at all
Old 12-30-2009 , 18:52   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #22

@geefer
Please read the OP, it tells you exactly what to do with the files
Quote:
This plugin requires mission text files for each campaign you want to add. All you have to do is add the campaign specific mission file to the missions directory on your server. If the missions directory does not exist or cannot be opened, the plugin will stop. L4D includes all of the default mission files, however L4D2 does not so I have included this in the package. They were simply extracted from the maps and were not modified in any way so they are perfectly safe to use.
@Newf
Can you verify that it is the correct gamemode by sm_cvar mp_gamemode in the console?
Bigbuck
Old 12-30-2009 , 18:52   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #23

@geefer
Please read the OP, it tells you exactly what to do with the files.
Quote:
This plugin requires mission text files for each campaign you want to add. All you have to do is add the campaign specific mission file to the missions directory on your server. If the missions directory does not exist or cannot be opened, the plugin will stop. L4D includes all of the default mission files, however L4D2 does not so I have included this in the package. They were simply extracted from the maps and were not modified in any way so they are perfectly safe to use.
@Newf
Can you verify that it is the correct gamemode by sm_cvar mp_gamemode in the console?
Newf
Old 12-30-2009 , 20:05   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #24

i'll try it when i get a chance, don't wanna kick everyone off the server right now. but what happened was that i switched froma versus game to scavenge on dead center, the timer didn't show up, i spawned way up top as infected, but the survivors spawned down beneath the floor. so i tried switching to the dark carnival scavenge map, it loaded us up at the very beginning, and again, no timer.

i'm not sure if the issue is that my server is set up to start as versus, since we don't use lobbies, only direct connect.

i reset my server and set up a scavenge lobby and connected that way, the 8v8 scavenge worked fine, but when we switched back to versus, the game mode stayed as scavenge for some reason.
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2009 , 20:11   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #25

Changing gamemode mid-map won't work, you have to change gamemode then reset the map or change to another one.
Newf
Old 12-30-2009 , 20:25   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
Changing gamemode mid-map won't work, you have to change gamemode then reset the map or change to another one.
which is what i did the first time. i tried changing it to scavenge, then when it didn't work right away, i tried another scavenge map, and it didn't work.

i think it may be because i have my server.cfg forcing it to versus whenever i reset the server, so if i have something in my server.cfg forcing the game to versus...that would cause a conflict. so if that server.cfg is executing with each map change, then it's causing problems.
Old 12-30-2009 , 20:40   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Q: Will this plugin allow me to change gamemodes without editing any .cfg files?
A: As of v1.0.1, yes it will. All you have to do is make sure you have set the gamemode you want to play as an allowed type on the server using sv_gametypes. Ex. sv_gametypes "coop,versus,survival" would allow you to play Coop, Versus, and Survival maps.
Make sure you have that set correctly or it will not change the gamemode.
Newf
Old 12-30-2009 , 20:58   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
Make sure you have that set correctly or it will not change the gamemode.
k didn't see that, i'll make sure that's set. thx.
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2009 , 20:59   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #29

So I looked over your code and I think it's pretty much ready to get approved, if you could just update the prefix to be l4d_ so as to conform to the l4d plugin guidelines, that would be great.

Some other suggestions (that you can do or not ):
  • Add a Back button to menus (!)
  • Sort it by Versus, Scavenge, Realism, Coop, Survival - I figure the game modes with more players are more popular so they should be closer to the top.
  • Is there a need for Team Versus/Scavenge? It seems the same as normal Versus/Scavenge. This gamemode gets automatically set from a lobby anyway.
  • If the # of total supported maps for a game mode can be fit on one screen (e.g. 8 assuming 9=Back, 0=Exit) then display the missions instead of the campaigns->missions. - For scavenge it's kind of silly to click through the campaign name then to just get one mission option.
Bigbuck
Old 12-30-2009 , 22:51   Re: [L4D/2] Campaign Manager
Reply With Quote #30

I wasn't aware of the L4D guidelines, thanks for the link. Thank you for the suggestions as well. I believe I will have to change the menus to paginated menus in order to use the back button. The sorting I just followed the order the missions file had. I don't own L4D2 so I have no idea how the gamemodes are chosen or if they are different from normal versus/scavenge. I could just display the missions but I wanted to include the campaign names just in case that's how a user remembers them. I know I find it difficult to remember all the maps but I can sometimes remember what campaign they were in or what they came after/before.