Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost

Post New Thread Reply   

jasonfrog
Old 05-13-2009 , 10:12   [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #1

Afaik, the only way to restore a TF2 dedicated server's connection to Steam, so that the TF2 weapons loadout availability is restored, is to reboot the server.

Is there are way to detect this, and then reboot at the end of the current map when this happens? Perhaps with a csay message just beforehand informing what is happening and why.
Chris-_-
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-13-2009 , 14:21   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #2

Probably, if the server auto-restarts once you execute the "quit" server command.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-13-2009 , 15:05   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #3

linux server, right?

Mine seems to be hit or miss, sometimes it regains its connection right away, like a windows server, sometimes it never regains it unless it restarts
Old 05-13-2009 , 15:16   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #4

Correct, yeh it's Linux.
In the case of the servers that I look after, it's never.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-14-2009 , 14:45   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #5

Didn't Valve push out a patch a while back so that the servers would auto-reconnect once the connection was lost? It might take a few minutes to work, but I'm pretty sure it does.
jasonfrog
Old 05-14-2009 , 15:05   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4nk View Post
Didn't Valve push out a patch a while back so that the servers would auto-reconnect once the connection was lost? It might take a few minutes to work, but I'm pretty sure it does.
Well if they did then it isn't working, at least on Linux. I've had servers that have lost connection for hours without reconnecting.

Last edited by jasonfrog; 05-14-2009 at 16:02.
Cooltad
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2009 , 15:21   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #7

On Windows if my connection is ever lost it reconnects again within a few minutes.
Old 05-15-2009 , 08:42   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltad View Post
On Windows if my connection is ever lost it reconnects again within a few minutes.
This doesn't happen under Linux.
theevilchipmunk
Old 07-12-2009 , 23:15   Re: [TF2] Restart server at end of map when connection to Steam is lost
Reply With Quote #9

I have windows and need to reboot after losing connection to steam.