Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Triggering Iphone Alarm from night bell

Post New Thread Reply   

nt567
Zero Posts
Old 12-28-2019 , 14:03   Triggering Iphone Alarm from night bell
Reply With Quote #1

I'm unfamiliar with anything outside of sourcepawn.

Is it possible to trigger an iphone alarm from a night bell? (Something customers press that triggers a sound.) This is what the device looks like uncovered:
https://i.imgur.com/QfvkCEF.jpg

I don't mind learning swift and already have an imac mini so it would be perfect for this kind of project. But I'm completely unfamiliar with the hardware side of things. I guess I'm looking for the sourcemod equivilent of being able to hook onto a global forward - except in this case it would be my iphone alarm that gets triggered when this night bell gets rung.

Maybe I can even use an indirect method to trigger the alarm - like having some hardware device listening for the sound the nightbell makes and then interacting with the ios app. I'm just unfamiliar with how to set up a system like that (especially what hardware device to use and how to go about setting it up so I can interact with it programmatically via an IOS app).

Any ideas?
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 12-29-2019 , 00:32   Re: Triggering Iphone Alarm from night bell
Reply With Quote #2

You could use something like an Arduino to listen for the voltage change that happens when the bell rings/the circuit closes, which could then do whatever. If the iPhone and Arduino are always on the same wifi, you could give the iPhone a static IP and have it listening on a port the Arduino would send something to. If the phone should work anywhere, you could have a PC on the network listening instead, then it could send a push notification using Apple's service. You could probably also find some kind of wireless receiver/transmitter you could connect over COM/LPT/USB to the PC instead of having an Arduino, I guess.

You could try looking for a local enthusiast group for Arduinos/Raspberry Pis/other small devices like that for people to ask for advice.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2020 , 17:26   Re: Triggering Iphone Alarm from night bell
Reply With Quote #3

I would recommend ESP8266. It's basically an Arduino with its own little Wi-Fi server. Or even Raspberry PI, which is a lot more powerful and can be your little Linux computer!

Last edited by redivcram; 01-02-2020 at 17:28.
thEsp
BANNED
Old 01-02-2020 , 18:34   Re: Triggering Iphone Alarm from night bell
Reply With Quote #4

Meanwhile I'd recommend you "Udoo Neo" - a cheap microcomputer and microcontroller. I bought it a few years ago for something like 30 euros. It's technically a computer with WiFi connectivity so you can both program and use it at the same time. I had Lubuntu installed on it and controlled it throughout my phone and PC using VNC viewer or TeamViewer. What's even better is that it uses a micro SD card so you have no de jure limit when it comes to space.
Still, you have plenty of choices.

Last edited by thEsp; 01-02-2020 at 18:43. Reason: Mistakenly said "processor" instead of "controller"
SAMJOSEPH
Old 02-14-2020 , 10:25   Re: Triggering Iphone Alarm from night bell
Reply With Quote #5

you can do this by going to alarm application or work in the settings. There are many videos on youtube that solves this doubt.

You can look up to routerlogin.mobi

Last edited by SAMJOSEPH; 03-21-2020 at 06:40.