haZh
Old 06-28-2018 , 21:46   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #11

Wowzers.
Old 06-29-2018 , 00:12   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If you disable downloading directly from the server and your fast download fails for some reason, the game will try to revert back to the server for download but it will fail and give the result that you are seeing.

Make sure that your fast download server is a high performance web server with plenty of bandwidth (by using a professional hosting service). Web servers are not infallible so it's not a entirely a bad idea to enable downloading directly from the server for the rare instances that the fast download (or the client) terminates the connection. Most players will either have the map or get it from the fast download server with the direct download being a backup method.

Or, you can switch to MeHLDS. (not a typo, lol)

My webhosting is from NFO servers and these are the "stats"
Plan: Included
Domains: 1
Bandwidth (Mbps): unlimited
Transfer (GB): unlimited
MySQL databases: unlimited
Disk space (GB): unlimited
Website connections allowed at a time: 50

so unless 32 players in the server + another 20 are online on the forum, I'm guessing that would be causing some to fail the download? For some reason I feel like I never have 20 on the website, but 32 in the server rarely as well lol.

As u mentioned keeping the ability to download from server, that would be sv_allowdownload "1" ?

P.S the cl_allowdownload is a client side cvar I'm aware, I've just already ran a test with it before being "1" or "0" and regardless you will still get that error if your download terminates. You pretty much are then stuck with reloading your counter strike to get it to re-download.

File names and models/sounds all add up correctly, because if 32 players get transfered into a map, there's a good 20 that download everything correctly, and then 12 drop and message me saying "It says I can't continue without the file, how do I download it?" which is where I tell them for some odd reason.. we all got in.. but i guess YOU have to reload your cs and it will work.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 06-29-2018 , 00:33   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #13

If it fails for some and for others not it is your webserver failing to handle that number of connections.
Ask your webhost to increase it or switch to another.
50 connections is not very much. Indeed it is a real bottleneck. A few users on your website, some bots scanning your website and half of the limit is reached.

Last edited by Mordekay; 06-29-2018 at 00:33.
blood2k
Old 06-29-2018 , 04:36   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #14

Nfoservers has a 50,100 and 200 option. None of these seem to be large amounts.. tbh hmmm but maybe that is the culprit here.
blood2k
Old 07-02-2018 , 00:09   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #15

Sorry to double post. But, I've already had a chance to test it with my upgraded 200 connections. At this point it still errors some people out... while letting majority download.

Any ideas? I doubt I'm the only person experiencing this.. I've heard others tell me this is how it has been across most games over the years... but I refuse to believe there's no fix.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 07-02-2018 , 04:47   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #16

It's been a while ago, but i never had that problem while running up to 6 servers with 32 slots, custom maps and sounds and with only one dedicated server for the fast download and i never got reports about such a problem. Did you change the server for this test or did they just upgrade your limit in the config? Do you have the chance to choose another host for testing maybe? If yes and your problem is gone something is wrong with the server.

blood2k
Old 07-02-2018 , 13:03   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #17

They upgraded my limit for the webhosting through their control panel. SO my webhosting now allows 100 connections at a time. The only other option is 200. So I asked them to show logs of atleast 100 connections at a time (since I doubt I have this many connections EVER). Waiting on the response.. but they're pushing upgrading to 200 connections MIGHT help.. I guess we'll see if the logs say anything.

However, I was thinking If i do try a different host it might solve the problems. I just don't know which host to go with out there that's cheap and can handle traffic throughout the day.

I currently have a dedicated server I use for my 'testing' server and I set up hosting on it. Maybe I could use it?

The specs on it are:

Base bandwidth: 6000 GB
Virtual CPU cores: 1
Memory size: 1024 MB
Standard hard drive size: 100 GB
SSD hard drive size: 0 GB
IP addresses: 1

You think this would handle a fast download just fine? But then again.. we're talking the SAME company that's hosting my web service right now.. this is just my VPS from there that I could switch to for the sake of trying.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 07-02-2018 , 14:49   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #18

A VPS rarely has a limit of simultaneously connections, so yes, this could help for testing.

blood2k
Old 07-02-2018 , 15:00   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #19

Well what about the bandwidth? I don't know much about bandwidth and all.. but is 6gb good? lol

Does anyone know of a good cheap host that is reliable for fast downloads? I'd just open an account or whatever with some1 else
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 07-02-2018 , 15:06   Re: can't continue without maps/de_whatever.bsp
Reply With Quote #20

Change it for a few days at first only, just for testing. 6GB is enough for that. I'm sure you have a table where you can check the used amount.