Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ModelChanger "ERROR" 's skin

Post New Thread Reply   

Nicolous
Old 06-30-2005 , 10:25   ModelChanger "ERROR" 's skin
Reply With Quote #1

Hi.

I have ModelChanger, it work correctly because when I do "meta list" it is in the list. The clients download the skins but when the characters appear their models are "ERROR"

It very difficult to shoot that

i see that : http://membres.lycos.fr/nirvanateam/de_dust0011.jpg

All the model's files are correctly placed

Anybody can help me please?
Old 06-30-2005 , 18:46  
Reply With Quote #2

Holy crap that is awesome, I want a plugin that makes them error!! Yea but I'm not sure what the problem is if they're downloading it correctly, kind of strange. Also you might want to post in the actual plugin thread?
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2005 , 21:49  
Reply With Quote #3

Some models are compiled in such a way that they have to directly replace the original model files. It takes a little work to fix them for use in another location.

Check out the tutorial on the ModelChanger web page except decompile the model you downloaded instead of the standard one.

It's a little complicated the first time you do it, so if you have any questions post here.
Nicolous
Old 07-01-2005 , 04:40  
Reply With Quote #4

ok thanks.

I have the same problem with Admin Chickens package, Player Models Pack 1 and Admin models... It isn't a problem of dowload... I try the tutorial and if I have a problem I post on the another forum.

Old 07-01-2005 , 10:17  
Reply With Quote #5

If you're having that problem with the model packages on my site, then there is something wrong with the places you put the files or the files themselves are corrupt. All the model packages on the site have already been re-compiled to work, if necessary.
Wolvie
Old 07-01-2005 , 14:49  
Reply With Quote #6

I installed your plugin and one of your model packs. I see them dl to my client yet I seem to be missing textures?

Did some checking and found that the files for the models/player/modch dl'd ok but the materials/models/player/modch did not.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2005 , 14:56  
Reply With Quote #7

I'll check it out.

Which model pack and which textures?

EDIT: This discussion should be continued in the plugin thread: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=38517
maitredede
Old 07-02-2005 , 04:06  
Reply With Quote #8

Hi

First, thanks for the linux version

Second, Can I install all the packs, or do I have to put only one ?

Third, Some thing to correct :
Under linux, in the file metaplugins.ini :
Code:
addons/metamod/bin/modch_mm
( / and not \ ) or the plugin will not be loaded...

Fourth, (yes I think it's a lot) I've installed all the packs (that's why I'm asking in 2) but I have some 'error'...
See the screenshot for more details...

EDIT : oops, i've posted in a wrong topic... sorry

Infos : my serv is linux, metamod RC1 (from sourcemm)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cs_office0005.jpg (160.3 KB, 334 views)
Veteran Member
Old 07-02-2005 , 04:59  
Reply With Quote #9

Your hostis look funny.

Someone else had an error model using the one of the model packages but they downloaded and installed it again and it went away. It means that some of the model files aren't downloaded to the client. Double-check that all the files were uploaded and that they were uploaded to the right directory.

If you want to upload all of the model packages you can. Then just use the cfg files for the models you want active. The Installing Model Packages section of the readme tells you how to configure which models you want available. You can have up to 4 models per team plus 1 admin model per team or any combination: admins only, 2 models per team, 4 models per team plus admins, etc. Just delete or rename the cfg files you don't want to use. So if you have 2 models per team plus admin models you would need: admint.cfg adminct.cfg t1.cfg t2.cfg ct1.cfg ct2.cfg
maitredede
Old 07-02-2005 , 06:25  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
Your hostis look funny.

Someone else had an error model using the one of the model packages but they downloaded and installed it again and it went away. It means that some of the model files aren't downloaded to the client. Double-check that all the files were uploaded and that they were uploaded to the right directory.
Files (plugin, skins) are up to date (from today, july,2, 11h00 GMT+1)
Files are uploaded the right directory either on CSS server or the DL server
It seems that the client don't try to download any file for the models...
Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Duke
If you want to upload all of the model packages you can. Then just use the cfg files for the models you want active. The Installing Model Packages section of the readme tells you how to configure which models you want available. You can have up to 4 models per team plus 1 admin model per team or any combination: admins only, 2 models per team, 4 models per team plus admins, etc. Just delete or rename the cfg files you don't want to use. So if you have 2 models per team plus admin models you would need: admint.cfg adminct.cfg t1.cfg t2.cfg ct1.cfg ct2.cfg
Ok, so the 4+1 rule... I'll remember ;)

So I'm going to :
- put only 4+1 skins active
- try one more time...