ive noticed on my versus server that a good team can easily rush to the end while the infected barely have a chance to do any real damage so i created this plugin to not only give the infected more time to do damage but to also add a tiny bit more variety to the maps.
spawns mini events around the map to slow player progression.
- allows you to store up to 10 possible event locations per map.
- can have up to 3 events per map
- convars for hoard duration and barrier burn time.
- uses https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=147542
- including my config folder with a few events already positioned on some maps.
-"mini_event_burn_time" how long until the barrier disapears
-"mini_event_hoard_time" how long the hoard lasts for
-"mini_event_can_glow" 1 for glows on, anything else = off
-"mini_event_on" 1 events will spawn otherwise they wont
- "minievent_menu" display menu
- "minievent_add" add a spwn point
- "minievent_del" delete a spawn point
- "minieventshow" shows all locations
- "sm_testbar" spawns a barrier where you are looking
- "sm_savebar" saves the spawn point locations without having to end the map
to create an event stand where you want to place it facing towards the direction the survivours will approach from
and use the command "minievent_add".
to remove a position stand near it and use "minievent_del".
the show command doesn't always work the best.
the best way to use test bar would be to no clip yourself, look all the way down, then use "sm_testbar" and have a friend verify that its in the correct location, if it is then place a proper spawn point with "minievent_add".
when my config folder was first created, I'm not sure why but it was created where the server didn't have access to it so i had to manually change its permissions, that might be an issue for some people. other then that i don't think theirs any game breaking issues.
it can be difficult getting the spawn points correct
after testing on a friends campaign server it wasn't working very well so i have created a second version that works better for campaign, i also tried making it a little more user friendly in the configuration process. adding both versions to the download, i don't recommend using the campaign version for versus however the versus version should work for both, i believe it wasn't working properly for my friend because he had a plugin that was blocking the "player_left_start_area" event. if you use any plugins that do that the versus version probably wont work for you.
- Added convar to turn glows on/off
- Added command "sm_savebar" to save configs without having to end the map
- Added command "sm_testbar" to create events on the fly
- Added cvar "mini_event_on"