8% 

[TUTORIAL] "Structs" in pawn

Post New Thread Reply   

Greenberet
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-06-2006 , 04:23   [TUTORIAL] "Structs" in pawn
Reply With Quote #1

Code:
/* *   This tutorial will show you how to use "structs" aka "incredible hacked enums" (named by Bailopan ) *   in pawn. *    *   Tutorial by core|Greenberet *           ICQ: 169799352 *           MSN: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> *           EMAIL: <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> * * * *   Chapter 1: Simple structs         Line: 20 *   Chapter 2: Floats and other tags      Line: 52 *   Chapter 3: Strings          Line: 85 */ /********************************************************************************************/ /******************************** CHAPTER 1: Simple structs *********************************/ /********************************************************************************************/ // First we need an enum. // This enum will be our struct table // First we will use an simple one with only cells enum EPlayer {     chFrags, // the frags of the player     chDeaths, // the deaths of the player }; // Now we need a variable that holds the player info new PlayerStats[ 33 ][ EPlayer ]; // You can write into the array like this: PlayerStats[ id ][ chFrags ] = get_user_frags( id ); PlayerStats[ id ][ chDeaths ] = get_user_deaths( id ); //you can read the values in the same way. new Frags = PlayerStats[ id ][ chFrags ]; new Deaths = PlayerStats[ id ][ chDeaths ]; // now let us print the stats on the screen client_print( id, print_chat, "Frags %i", PlayerStats[ id ][ chFrags ] ); client_print( id, print_chat, "Deaths %i", PlayerStats[ id ][ chDeaths ] ); /********************************************************************************************/ /***************************** CHAPTER 2: Floats and other tags *****************************/ /********************************************************************************************/ // First of all we have to upgade the enum // We want to save the speed of the client enum EPlayer {     chFrags,     chDeaths,     chSpeed, // This is our new Speed field }; // We don't have to upgrade the PlayerStats array since it is growing & shrinking automatically // if we change something in the enum // Now let us write the speed into the array. We have to cast the Float tag to _ // If we don't do this, we would get an Tag missmatch warning PlayerStats[ id ][ chSpeed ] = _:entity_get_float( id, EV_FL_speed ); // If you want to read the speed you have to cast it back to Float entity_set_float( id, EV_FL_speed, Float:PlayerStats[ id ][ chSpeed ] ); // With all the other tags it is working in the same way. // print the speed on the screen client_print( id, print_chat, "Speed %f", Float:PlayerStats[ id ][ chSpeed ] ); /********************************************************************************************/ /********************************* CHAPTER 3: Strings ***************************************/ /********************************************************************************************/ // We have to upgrade the enum again XD // Now we are storing the Name of the player in the array enum EPlayer {     chFrags,     chDeaths,     chSpeed,     chName[33], // This is a array with the len of 33, this should be enough for an name }; // Well you don't have to cast if you want to write&read the array // but we have to use all the string functions // Now let us write the name of the player into the struct copy( PlayerStats[ id ][ chName ], 32, "core|Greenberet" ); //or get_user_info( id, "Name", PlayerStats[ id ][ chName ], 32 ); // If we want to read it we have to use it in the same way: new Name[ 33 ]; copy( Name, 32, PlayerStats[ id ][ chName ] ); // Print it on the screen client_print( id, print_chat, "Your name is %s", PlayerStats[ id ][ chName ] );
Send a message via ICQ to Greenberet Send a message via MSN to Greenberet
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-06-2006 , 09:42  
Reply With Quote #2

Nice, too bad there's no OOP support in Pawn. I wonder how hard it would be to implement classes...
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2006 , 10:40  
Reply With Quote #3

Interesting.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2006 , 16:08  
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552
Nice, too bad there's no OOP support in Pawn. I wonder how hard it would be to implement classes...
That would basically be turning pawn into C++, with just a few minor differences
capndurk
Old 04-06-2006 , 16:18  
Reply With Quote #5

That's pretty cool, thanks for writing up that tutorial, Greenberet.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 04-06-2006 , 16:33  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77
Quote:
That would basically be turning pawn into C++, with just a few minor differences
What's wrong with that?
hello, i am pm
Old 04-06-2006 , 17:00  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77
Quote:
You'd have to do a lot of turning to turn it into something similar to C++

C++ has real types, C++ has pointers and references, C++ has classes, C++ has inheritance, C++ has virtual functions, C++ has operator overloading, C++ has templates, C++ has exceptions, C++ has a standard library, C++ has a more powerful preprocessor, and I probably forgot some more

On a side note, I think you can tag "members" of "enum structs" in pawn with tags (like Float like I did in my cvar rules plugin; at least it was possible when I had written it.
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2006 , 17:56  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM
C++ has real types, C++ has pointers and references, C++ has classes, C++ has inheritance, C++ has virtual functions, C++ has operator overloading, C++ has templates, C++ has exceptions, C++ has a standard library, C++ has a more powerful preprocessor, and I probably forgot some more
You can say that the power of Pawn is the absence of all these functions
bad
Old 04-06-2006 , 19:04  
Reply With Quote #9

There is an OOP module coming out eventually, that will simulate OOP in PAWN.
Old 01-27-2007 , 07:53   Re: [TUTORIAL] "Structs" in pawn
Reply With Quote #10

how to get all members?
i have try this, but not work

Code:
for(new i = 0; i < EPlayer; i++){
    PlayerStats[id][i]
}