Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

AMX Mod X 1.50 Released!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

TarGet
Old 08-07-2005 , 18:38  

The amx mod x 1.50 beta version work's GREAT with new metamod 18 , check your settings I does'nt crash server ! But... some plugins (for example FUN plugin) work's bad compiler and debug mode doesn't fix those plugins , but everything else working just perfect!!! Amx mod X the best , talking about others mods (for examp. AMX MOD) . But I want know,when the csdm_mod.amxx relased update for AMX MOD X 1.50 ? bailopan maybe that question I give for you because this is your plugin/mod and you say'd that this plugin has ben relased but didn't tell when ?I have CSDM server and I realy need it. I think that plugin comes wery fast.and one more thing I want now does you relase the headshot mod or headshot plugin WORKING for AMX MOX X , because the others modes or plugins doesn't work's (for exam. headshot_mm.dll , aim_prac.amx) and they wery old and no one want's relase those mods/plugins , but people likes headsot mod , and I want have one of those mod's/plugins on my server . If you get answer for my so many questions , I want say big thank you to all you who help me and makes that beautiful mod X (and plugins) . Thx for founder's of amx mod x and who relasing updates for this mod and who everythig do for cstrike game with amx mod x.I say it one more time AMX MOD X the bestest of counter-strike mod's 4ever. P.S. I'm Big fan of amx mod x , and another mod not exist for me. Thank's one more time,I waiting for yours answers , if you can't answer here plz answer for me on my mail [email protected]
Old 08-08-2005 , 20:35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bento
its crashing alot... I just got back to the old amxx 1.01 with MM 1.17.4 and its runnign smoothly
In other words you had AMXX 1.50 beta and Metamod-P24 and now that you have switched back to mm.org and amxx 1.01 it isn't crashing anymore? Have you tested mm-p with amxx 1.01?
evilspy
Old 08-08-2005 , 20:37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaldas
Metamod-P never crashed on my linux. I think, that everything depends on system, that HLDs is runing.
yeh i heard it runns alot smoother on linux
It's mainly tested on win32. Heard from where?

(I'm just trying to solve this problem)
Bento
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2005 , 00:15  

I tested 1.01 with MMp24 and the server fired up faster, but it crashed more often
Old 08-09-2005 , 10:42  

I am sorry to say that i have to confirm Bento's observation. I run a Natural Selection server, and with Metamod 1.17.4 and AMXX 1.01, all seems to run fine. Even in very long and heavy games, the server was stable now for over 24 hrs. With Metamod-P (older version),it sometimes crashed, about 2 times a day. With AMXX 1.50 and Metamod-p, the server crashed about 10 times a day, and most longer games never ended the way they should . I have noticed that Metamod seems to have a problem with memory allocation and/or buffer overruns, because on my W32 server, after the server crashes, i get the usual OK button to press. But when i press again, i get something interesting output in the hlds server window:
Code:
CDMOD: Challenge sent to player id #56 "propagandapanda"
CDMOD: Player id #56 "propagandapanda" validated
☻nemesis: juhu ^^
CDMOD: Player id #118 "NaChEtE!!!" connected (213.96.212.90)
Ignoring custom decal from NaChEtE!!!
☻William*Drake: yeah
Missing shutdown function for Sys_InitAuthentication() : Sys_ShutdownAuthenticat
ion()
Missing shutdown function for Host_Init( &host_parms ) : Host_Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for Sys_InitLauncherInterface() : Sys_ShutdownLauncher
Interface()
Missing shutdown function for Sys_InitMemory() : Sys_ShutdownMemory()
Missing shutdown function for Sys_Init() : Sys_Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for FileSystem_Init(basedir, (void *)filesystemFactory
) : FileSystem_Shutdown()
Missing shutdown function for Sys_InitArgv( m_OrigCmd ) : Sys_ShutdownArgv()
So i realy think that Metamod-p needs some fixup....
BAILOPAN
Old 08-09-2005 , 11:51  

These bugs could also be from AMXx-1.50. MM-1.18 will be out very soon to verify this, there is really no reason mm-p would have these bugs I think.
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-09-2005 , 12:49  

You think ;) MMp just doesnt work very well on windows ;)
Old 08-09-2005 , 13:09  

I thought so also:Why should be a problem there?
But:
AMXmodx 1.01 - Metamod 1.17.4: No Problem
Amxmodx 1.01 - Metamod-p : frequently server crash
Amxmodx 1.50 - Metamod-p : very frequently server crashes

And i tested the 586 and 686-compilations available. But found no difference in the crashing behaviour.

If there is anything to help find the problem's source, let me know. Server that is used in this case: Dual Athlon on Win 2k
Topchris
Old 08-09-2005 , 16:22  

Running metamod-p with AMXX 1.50 on a penguin box. Been stable for a while now, no crashes. Runs much smoother. In fact, we have had many crashes in the past that we always blamed on certain plugins, but since the upgrade to AMXX 1.50 and keeping certain suspected plugins off, no crashes and runs very smooth. Metamod-p is good on Linux, but crashes on windows?
Old 08-09-2005 , 16:34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk
I thought so also:Why should be a problem there?
But:
AMXmodx 1.01 - Metamod 1.17.4: No Problem
Amxmodx 1.01 - Metamod-p : frequently server crash
Amxmodx 1.50 - Metamod-p : very frequently server crashes
That just makes me think something isn't working right with new module loading system. Amxx 1.01 & 1.50 with mm-p uses new system, amxx 1.01 with 1.17.4 uses old system. Amxx 1.50 with 1.18 will use new system as 1.18 has support for it.

Amxx 1.00 doesn't have support for new system, so testing MM-p (and 1.17.4 for reference) with amxx 1.00 would show true nature of this problem.
Closed Thread