Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Questions about eyetest.smx

Post New Thread Reply   

ZenDigital
Old 10-11-2014 , 17:41   Questions about eyetest.smx
Reply With Quote #1

I run a few l4d2 servers that are dedicated promod server intended for competitive play (yes l4d2 has a comp scene ). When SMAC suspects a cheater, I don't take it lightly and I investigate it as thoroughly as possible and make absolutely sure said person is in fact cheating. We have a rather small community, < 1k active players, so I like to be sure.

I do know that eyetest detects no spread/recoil, and in my experience, no spread tends to be pretty obvious when you spec a player that's actually using it. You can see their crosshairs jitter as though they were aimbotting. I also know that on a rare occurrence eyetest does throw out the occasional false positive, but it's easy to see the differences between false positive and legit hits.

So my 1st question, is how many detection have to be made before SMAC does a chat printout?

Now I notice that whenever SMAC hits on eyetest.smx come up, there are generally 2 types.

1. XXXXXX is suspected of reusing old movement commands.
2. XXXXXX is suspected of tampering with an old movement command (tickcount). or (button), (eye angles), etc...

So my 2nd question is, what's the difference between the two?

Now some people I've asked told me one is for no spread while the other is for no recoil, but i get contradicting answers and what represents what. which bring my last question. Now I know what no spread looks like, but I'm not sure is no recoil would look any different when speccing someone who is using it. What's the actual differences between no spread, and no recoil?