Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Freeze Tag

Post New Thread Reply   

Snowden42
Old 10-15-2010 , 17:15   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #21

I would looovveee to see the updated version fixed, and bug free. Considering this is really the only open-source version of the gamemode available, it'd be fantastic to have the option to run it!

I apologize for the bump, but I feel like it's kind of necessary.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2010 , 16:41   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #22

I started remaking this yesterday. So far so good! Using SDKHooks too.

I'm doing this from scratch as it's the easiest way to do instead of learning someone elses code. I'm using his as reference though. So far I have almost everything done. Just got to handle the little things like humiliation round and the game rules for like being able to freeze everyone = a win etc.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2010 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #23

Ok I think i got this working now please play with it.

Depending on how you configure it, is how the game will operate. Once you kill a player they are FROZEN. The game features take over from that point, so read the CVARS and configure it to your liking.

My next step besides fixing bugs is replicating the closed source freeze tag mod features. Especially the rings for thawing.

CVARS
ft_enable - Enable/Disable freeze tag mod"
ft_thaw_duration - Automatic thaw duration. 0 = no automatic thaw.
ft_frozen_damage_mod - When shooting frozen players, this is the percent of damage used for hurt or heal
ft_respawn_on_auto_thaw - When shooting frozen players, this is the percent of damage used
ft_enemy_kill_frozen - Enemey players can hurt frozen players (of opposite team) If HP goes to 0, frozen players die
ft_friendly_heal_frozen - Friendly players can hurt frozen players, which heals them. If HP goes to 100%, players thaw.
ft_end_round_all_frozen - Ends the game round when a whole team is frozen.

To compile yourself, you need colors and sdkhooks.

I just updated it with some fixes I've discovered.
Attached Files
File Type: smx freezetag.smx (16.5 KB, 140 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freezetag.sp - 142 views - 23.6 KB)

Last edited by Thraka; 10-16-2010 at 20:38.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2010 , 01:16   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #24

Version 0.9.4

* FF is set to ON when the plugin is turned on and the ft_friendly_heal_frozen is on. When plugin is disabled or ft_friendly_heal_frozen is turned off, FF is turned OFF.
* When thawed, you're immune for 2.0 seconds (configurable)
* Thaw-immune players cannot fire (toggleable)
* Winning team at end of round is thawed (if any are frozen)
* FF doesn't work end of round.

New CVARS
ft_thaw_immune_time (default 2.0) How long a player has damage immunity just after they were thawed. Set to 0.0 to disable thawed immunity
ft_thaw_immune_can_fire (default 0) Set to 1 to allow a player who was just thawed to be able to fire at the enemy while immune to damage.

Other notes, simplified some logic and prevented possibly multiple hooking of a player.

Some of my TODO list:
* - Seperate damage modifiers for heal and kil
* - Test heavy effects when frozen. Noticed they can punch.
* - Tell connected players the intro msg
* - Add option to save uber charge value and restore when thawed
Attached Files
File Type: smx freezetag.smx (18.0 KB, 149 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freezetag.sp - 152 views - 26.8 KB)
Snowden42
Old 10-18-2010 , 16:22   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #25

I'll let you know! I'll try and test this with bots.

Thanks so much for picking up the mantle. I'm a Senior Admin with Fugworld, which used to own and operate a Freezetag server. Fug's Servers split up, and the part that left took Freezetag with them. One of the things that was mentioned to me was that Sentries might still target frozen people, reducing their effectiveness. Do you have any idea if this has been fixed?
TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 16:34   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #26

Awesome job, man!

Me and snowden are going to test it and report back in a few minutes.
TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 16:56   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #27

Ok, so I played it on the server (a vanilla one, removed all plugins) with bots, and this is what I saw.

-Players that got killed would freeze correctly for one second then dissapear.
-From the dead player's perspective, his hud elements and viewmodels would stay on the screen for a second like he was frozen and all, but it would be followed by a normal deathcam (all the HUD and viewmodel elements dissapear)
-From the killing player's perspective, the guy just freezes for one second and then vanishes. A weapon, like the bat, might stay, floating in the air by itself.
-When you respawn, you respawn at the location you previously died on, or somewhere close.

-If you kill a player with a flamethrower, his frozen version will also catch on fire and he will die continuously in a loop, resulting in a server crash.

-You can change classes while you're 'frozen'

-Sometimes you won't freeze completely, and will still be able to move until the death cam (thats not supposed to be there anyway) is over. You will respawn at the location you were when you stopped moving.

-Other random crashes also occuring

Gonna give it a 4th run see if I can see anything else.

Last edited by TheSilencer; 10-18-2010 at 17:12.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2010 , 17:14   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #28

I know sentries do target frozen ppl. I can look at that functionallity.

Thanks for testing and getting me feedback. The first version I posted we played a few maps on with really no problems.

The 2nd version I haven't fully tested yet because of time. I only tested with another teammate. How do you enable the bots to actually play a game? They usually just stand around and do nothing for me. If I had them doing things it would be WAY easier to test with.

Silencer: did you change any settings? I need to know those if you did. The special effect used to give a grace immunity period after thawing uses a blinking effect, maybe something in there is breaking.

Regarding the flame thrower, I'll double check some logic and make sure that invulnerability is being set correctly before the respawn. I hook the damage once they are in a frozen state and do my own damage handling, maybe the game engine is bypassing that for the flame thrower.
TheSilencer
Old 10-18-2010 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #29

No, I did not change any settings.

Be noted however, I was using SourceMod 1.8 while testing this.

I think I will try the first version instead in a moment.

You need to be in a map where the waypoints are supported (cp_dustbowl, koth_sawmill, koth_viaduct or koth_nucleus). Then the bots will work fine

Gonna test the 1st version then.

also, I saw no effects when testing the second version.

Last edited by TheSilencer; 10-18-2010 at 17:18.
Snowden42
Old 10-18-2010 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
Reply With Quote #30

I was told that the current, closed source version of Freezetag uses a custom extension (a dll I think) to add some functionality, such as the sentry issue. Sorry I can't be of any more assistance, but I will definitely be here for emotional support!