Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player

Post New Thread Reply   

Naleksuh
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:04   [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I'm currently writing a SourceMod plugin for Team Fortress 2 based around a custom game mode, and I need a way to kill a player. Currently I've been using
Code:
SlapPlayer(client, 10000);
however that has several problems and side effects such as the slap noise and sometimes not even working (leaves the player at one health). There isn't any
Code:
SlayPlayer()
and Google has not been of any help. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Sorry if it's been super obvious, I am new to SourceMod.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:07   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #2

Code:
SDKHooks_TakeDamage(int entity, int inflictor, int attacker, float damage, int damageType, int weapon, const float damageForce[3], const float damagePosition[3])
Besides sending the kill command to the player, this is probably your best bet.
Naleksuh
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:11   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #3

Looks messy and intimidating to me . Would it be easier to just "send kill command to player"? And is there any known way to bypass that? If not, what needs to be changed to use your way?
xerox8521
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:28   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #4

You just need to fillout the 4 first arguments. The others are optional. Also check the API if you need more info about what each parameter does.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:29   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #5

Code:
SDKHooks_TakeDamage(client, 0, 0, 99999.0);
Code:
FakeClientCommand(client, "kill");
FakeClientCommand(client, "explode");
I usually use the sdkhooks method so OnTakeDamage is fired.
Naleksuh
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:56   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #6

OnTakeDamage doesn't matter to me (not offense), what I'd like to find out is: Is there any way to bypass the FakeClientCommand? Like, cheaters with hacked clients? Or is it fully server side and can't be bypassed? Because if it can not be bypassed, I'd like to use that
Naleksuh
Old 12-09-2018 , 16:58   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #7

Also, xerox, it does not matter to me *how* the client dies, just that they do.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2018 , 17:59   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naleksuh View Post
OnTakeDamage doesn't matter to me (not offense), what I'd like to find out is: Is there any way to bypass the FakeClientCommand? Like, cheaters with hacked clients? Or is it fully server side and can't be bypassed? Because if it can not be bypassed, I'd like to use that
None taken, just opens up less avenues while coding later. FakeClientCommand as-is doesn't open up anything bad.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2018 , 20:12   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #9

If you peek inside SourceMod base plugins, sm_slay

https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/sd...ePlayerSuicide
Old 12-10-2018 , 03:23   Re: [TF2 (or maybe anything else)] How to effectively kill player
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drixevel View Post
Code:
SDKHooks_TakeDamage(client, 0, 0, 99999.0);
Code:
FakeClientCommand(client, "kill");
I tried both of these, they did not work. I have sdkhooks included...any other reason they might be failing?