Beta 2
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows players to make and use custom weapons, wearables and shields!
    Old 07-22-2016 , 16:42   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #1

Hmmm maybe I can now finish my custom gamemode that used Custom Weapons 2.
    Potato Uno
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-23-2016 , 23:32   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #2

You could just do that on your own steam group (far less hassle) but that's just my opinion.

(Mostly copying the fact that STT stuff is mostly hosted on their steam group only.)

Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-23-2016 at 23:33.
    YoNer
    Old 07-28-2016 , 20:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #3

------------------------------------------------
    --------------YoNer's Attributes-----------
    ------------------------------------------------

Version : 2.1

Overview

Currently this plugin only adds the below attribute.

"trigger command" "command"
    Upon hitting a player (any team) the selected command (512 chars max) will be executed on the server the plugin will also parse the command and replace all instances of "{target}" with the player that was hit
    Example:

'sm_slay {target}'

If player "TommyGunn" is hit 'sm_slay {target}' will be executed as 'sm_slay "TommyGunn"' on the server
    Changelog

2.1 7/28/2016
    Ported for Custom Weapons 3

1.1 7/15/2016
    Updated to use ClientUserId instead of the clients name for security (Thanks nosoop!)

1.0 7/12/2016
    First release

A little history

When I found Orion's Attributes for this plugin, which included the "Kick-Ban on Hit-Kill" attribute. I went ahead and made an actual Ban Hammer for TF2, by applying that to the Necro Smasher, which proved a great deal of fun.

However, I had to deactivate Orion's Attributes due to some issues with it's implementation of Hud Texts conflicting with other plugins I frequently use on my server (basically, having Orion's activated, even when not applied to any weapons, would cause Hud Text prints to not be visible most of the times. If anyone has a clue on how to fix, please tell me)

So, I still wanted to be able to Ban Hammer people into submission, without plugins conflicts (I could load custom-attributes or orion's on a case by case basis, I know) but that got me thinking if there was any plugins that allowed you to bind commands to a weapon, that's when I found Trigger Commands plugin by Chase.

Now this and old plugin that required DukeHacks and was never updated, so I couldn't get it to work (In my life I coded mostly in Basic and that was back in highscool). Also, the plugin wasn't exactly what I was looking for since it tied a preconfigured list of commands to some weapon events, I wanted to be able to make weapons on the go via commands and make them available only to a specific player, like Custom Weapon lets you.

So finally I decided to dust whatever amount of programing skills I had and decided to see if I was able to adapt both Orion's attributes and Trigger Commands. In the end I started basing my work on the basic-attributes plugin code included by MasterOfTheXP in the first post. They where clearly commented and were a great help to start tinkering and figuring out what changed I needed to do in order to add an extra attribute to that plugin to see if my concept worked. I took the code that parsed the command and actually executs it from Trigger Commands

After many attempts I was finally able to get it working and so I decided to release the attribute as a separate plugin to keep it tidy and be able to more easily add others I may want to add in the future. I removed all other attributes in the original code and kinda kept the structure (I removed most of the comments since I only used one type of event hook at the moment and in context most of them would not have made much sense otherwise, also I can always go back to the source code should I need to add other hooks or need to refresh my memory on what does what)

Anyway... Give me any suggestions, corrections or ideas you may have, I'm open to include them if I am able to code them and they are not two complex :-P

Thanks

MasterOfTheXP for his Custom Weapons and Attributes plugins
    Mr. Orion for his Attributes plugin
    Chase for his Trigger Commands plugin
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (yoners.sp - 854 views - 4.0 KB)
    File Type: smx yoners.smx (8.9 KB, 1197 views)
    Chdata
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-31-2016 , 04:25   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #4

Here is a fixed version of cw3-attributes.

The .inc now properly marks natives as optional.

Added native FireOnWeaponRemoved to allow other plugins to clear custom cw3 attributes if needed.

Also includes a fix to theray's fix to AddAttribute which was missing the "while active" parameter.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip cw3-attributes.zip (15.1 KB, 302 views)
    Old 07-31-2016 , 17:37   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Here is a fixed version of cw3-attributes.

The .inc now properly marks natives as optional.

Added native FireOnWeaponRemoved to allow other plugins to clear custom cw3 attributes if needed.

Also includes a fix to theray's fix to AddAttribute which was missing the "while active" parameter.
    I'll merge this into the official build tonight, the attribute resetting was implemented before you pushed this (I think. on mobile)
    Old 08-02-2016 , 10:39   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #6

Is there a way to limit weapons to Admins, VIP's, mods, ect?
    Because that would be useful.
    Theray070696
    Old 08-02-2016 , 10:41   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexde5 View Post
    Is there a way to limit weapons to Admins, VIP's, mods, ect?
    Because that would be useful.
    Yes, use the "flag" or "flags" key in a weapons config, and type the flag(s) of the player(s) that are allowed to use the weapon in there
    Old 08-06-2016 , 09:04   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #8

I searched the internet to try to find a attribute mod that allows to give disguise as victiom on kill but i just coudnt find it and i am only in the beginner stage of programing so my question is if anyone knows someone who made a attribute like that. I dotn mean disguise on backstab i realy mean on kill because i want to make a revolver that when you kill someone you teleport to their place and disguise as them.

+ Is it possible to make a bullet heal a player/building

Last edited by KaidemonLP; 08-06-2016 at 12:08.
    alexde5
    Old 08-14-2016 , 19:55   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #9

When using the sm_cw3_onlyteam command, it doesn't seem to work right on either players or bots. at first I can't equip the weapon I want because I'm on RED and BLU can equip custom weapons. Except if I respawn or touch a resupply locker, I can get the weapon.
    TheOnly8Z
    Old 09-07-2016 , 08:30   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
    Reply With Quote #10

How do I use the "custom projectile model" attribute?