Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Let us sign the White House petition against FBI compel Apple to create a backdoor?

Post New Thread Reply   

addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2016 , 17:48   Let us sign the White House petition against FBI compel Apple to create a backdoor?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi folks, let us sign the White House petition FBI against Apple to create a backdoor or do you think it is senseless such movement?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/apple-privacy-petition
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/apple-privacy-petition

Halt efforts that compel Apple and other device makers to create a "backdoor" for the Government to access citizens data

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:

Halt efforts that compel Apple and other device makers to create a "backdoor" for the Government to access citizens data
The United States government has demanded that Apple take an unprecedented step which threatens the security of it's customers.

The FBI, is demanding that Apple build a "backdoor" to bypass digital locks protecting consumer information on Apple's popular iPhones.

We the undersigned, oppose this order, which has implications far beyond the legal case at hand.

#Westandwithapple - Matthew Kick

Full letter: Https://www.apple.com/customer-letter/
But I keep thinking, "They don't already have a backdoor, or we are so tapped that they does not even need one backdoor, it already exists and they are doing that just to diverge the attention". However, may be it is not like that and now is the time to put stop on it, or at least trying to do that singing the petition.

Whatever, it is NOT just about Apple. If they win they would start putting government backdoors everywhere: Google, AMX Mod.net , Microsoft, Yahoo, anywhere... But I am not sure if they are not already back opened. So, I only hope they are not.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 02-19-2016 at 17:58. Reason: spelling fix
^SmileY
Veteran Member
Old 02-19-2016 , 23:18   Re: Let us sign the White House petition against FBI compel Apple to create a backdoo
Reply With Quote #2

A guy called John McAfee offers to break iPhone encryption for FBI.
Good luck with petition if you still think that the iPhone is not hacked yet.

Anyway a lot of backdoors they have been discovered, but hackers does not expose the flaws yet.

- See my Git Hub: https://github.com/SmileYzn
PHP Code:
set_pcvar_num(pCvar, !get_pcvar_num(pCvar)); 
Send a message via MSN to ^SmileY Send a message via Skype™ to ^SmileY
Darkness_
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2016 , 02:12   Re: Let us sign the White House petition against FBI compel Apple to create a backdoo
Reply With Quote #3

Even if Apple gives the FBI the backdoor what good is it really going to do in the efforts to prevent acts of terrorism? The fact that the FBI wants this feature has been made so public that the terrorists will simply avoid using iPhones and Apple products in general to avoid being tracked.

Last edited by Darkness_; 02-20-2016 at 02:12.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-20-2016 , 11:52   Re: Let us sign the White House petition against FBI compel Apple to create a backdoo
Reply With Quote #4

Backdoors are bad.

If you're a government and ask that a backdoor be put into a product, particularly one some of your employees use, you deserve to be shot in the head when it gets used against you.

Yes, I meant to say head and not foot.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-20-2016 at 11:53.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2016 , 12:52   Re: Let us sign the White House petition against FBI compel Apple to create a backdoo
Reply With Quote #5

Besides the unwanted backdoors due bugs, they want to put intentional backdoors. Too bad!

It is just a matter of time until hackers to learn how to explore these intentional backdoors and to get everybody hacked on the fly everywhere, every time.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 02-20-2016 at 12:52. Reason: spelling fix