Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
NgBUCKWANGS
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Survivors can self revive and the conditions and or requirements to do so are very customizable
    Old 12-15-2017 , 14:25   [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-18-17)
    Reply With Quote #1

Hello Admin,

Calling All Translators
    Your help is appreciated at supporting a language Scuffle may not already support. See the Translations section on how to help translate Scuffle. Thanks!

Supported Languages (in attachment scuffle-translations.zip)
    This plugin was heavily inspired by panxiaohai Struggle plugin. It was popular on my servers but some of the bugs on that plugin always kept nagging at Lux and I. So, we set out to rewrite it, revamp it and make it cover as many bases a plugin like this should offer.
    • You can scuffle any length of time with any button you desire
    • You don't have to scuffle long, you can get up with a tap and release
    • You can literally require any item to get up or no item at all
    • You can assign a health value to any item required
    • You can make it possible to scuffle from SI, a ledge, the ground or any combination of the three
    • You can scuffle infinitely or set a fixed number on any specific scuffle
    • You can customize a cooldown between scuffles (or turn it off)
    • You can penalize survivors by giving them extra hurt for self reviving
    • You can set a random chance between 0% and 100% an SI will die in a scuffle
    • You can require survivors to have at least N health to scuffle
    • You can turn off all scuffling when a survivor is black and white (on their last leg, or any for that matter)
    • You can set it so survivors can hold a button to revive
    • You can set it so survivors automatically get revived
    • You can set it so survivors can tap to revive
    • You can set all 3... automatic, hold and tap (e.g., slowest, slow, fast is ideal)
    • You can set it so an incapacitated survivor by SI has to scuffle twice (once to get them off, again to get up)

The bugs we fixed from panxiaohai Struggle plugin are
    • Players should see in black and white and have a heartbeat when they're about to die
    • Players can return from idle into a bot that is down and still get up
    • Players hanging on a ledge won't lose all their health (determined by the cvar scuffle_hurt)
    • Players are notified of their ability to scuffle

I've gotten very positive feedback from my base on this plugin and am announcing it here for public testing. Out of the box, it acts like "Struggle". See the README for all the details on how to customize it to suit your needs. If Scuffle doesn't already do it, you can request a feature but patches are better. If you ask a question but never get an answer, it's in the README. If you can reproduce a bug and walk me through it step by step report it.

The following link to the GitLab download will always point to the latest release. If you have any questions or feedback regarding Scuffle, please try to keep them on this thread. You will always find the latest changelog here.

Known Bugs
    • Progress bar will show a confusing dialog at some point (do not report it, patch it or wait)
    • Hopefully with public testing and the combinations possible, it won't take long to find some more

Have fun
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (scuffle.sp - 1788 views - 39.6 KB)
    File Type: smx scuffle.smx (18.5 KB, 1018 views)
    File Type: zip scuffle-translations.zip (5.3 KB, 949 views)

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 12-20-2017 at 15:59. Reason: Attached Updated Files
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-15-2017 , 20:15   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #2

Add this so survivors can perform their dying scenes:
    PHP Code:
    SetEntProp(clientProp_Send"m_isGoingToDie"1); 
    Example:
    Psyk0tik
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-15-2017 , 21:52   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #3

Another useful and ideal plugin from NgBUCKWANGS.
    Old 12-15-2017 , 22:56   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
    Add this so survivors can perform their dying scenes:
    PHP Code:
    SetEntProp(clientProp_Send"m_isGoingToDie"1); 
    Thanks cravenge but as far as I am aware, survivors already perform their dying scenes just fine. What am I not seeing here?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
    Another useful and ideal plugin from NgBUCKWANGS.
    Thanks Crasher, if you use it, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if something doesn't work as promised. I appreciate your help
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-15-2017 , 23:51   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #5

With that netprop, the heartbeat will automatically play and stop when the player is not in B/W mode.

Also, I read from a(n unofficial) wiki somewhere (I didn't remember the URL) that whenever "m_bIsOnThirdStrike" netprop is changed manually, "m_isGoingToDie" netprop must also be changed. The reason, I forgot, has to do something in the game. Similar to "m_bHasNightVision" and "m_bNightVisionOn" netprops in L4D for the hidden Night Vision upgrades.
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 12-16-2017 , 02:05   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
    With that netprop, the heartbeat will automatically play and stop when the player is not in B/W mode.

Also, I read from a(n unofficial) wiki somewhere (I didn't remember the URL) that whenever "m_bIsOnThirdStrike" netprop is changed manually, "m_isGoingToDie" netprop must also be changed. The reason, I forgot, has to do something in the game. Similar to "m_bHasNightVision" and "m_bNightVisionOn" netprops in L4D for the hidden Night Vision upgrades.
    I just tried this out and now I fully understand what you mean. Currently, when someone goes into a black and white state, the vision changes and the heartbeat emits but the survivor will stay quiet about their state. Your tip actually causes the survivors to murmur outloud to themselves, they're "gonna die" (an auditory clue for other survivors).

Nice tip, it's very much appreciated, I've implemented it and have given you full credit for it. Thank you cravenge

PS. The netprop doesn't affect the heartbeat at all

Last edited by NgBUCKWANGS; 12-16-2017 at 02:06.
    cravenge
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-16-2017 , 06:16   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #7

You're welcome, my friend. Also, I like to point out that the attachments in the main post is still 0.0.16 and I'll be looking for the fix with the progress bar.

Yes, most of the time other players don't know if their teammates are about to meet Death until they actually die. It is really helpful to let them know in advance instead so they can attend to their aid more easily.

I will be posting errors (if they come up). ♫ Keep up the good work! ♫ (^_^)b
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
    PS. The netprop doesn't affect the heartbeat at all
    Strange, it should trigger and stop a heartbeat of a dying survivor automatically. I'm going to have a look at this.

Last edited by cravenge; 12-16-2017 at 06:24.
    Lux
    Veteran Member
    Old 12-19-2017 , 08:30   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #8

SCUFFLE!!!

Commission me for L4D
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 12-20-2017 , 12:51   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #9

Hello Admins,

Version 0.18 is up.
    • Added support for audible survivor death tips (thanks to cravenge)
    • Added support for translations (Spanish included out of the box)

Any feedback is appreciated
    NgBUCKWANGS
    Old 12-20-2017 , 15:43   Re: [L4D2] Scuffle - Get Up! (Ready for Testing 12-15-17)
    Reply With Quote #10

Hello Admin,

I forgot to include the translations as an attachment to the main post. I've uploaded the translations zipped up. These translations should not depend on the servers language but on the clients. See the main post for all supported languages. So far at the time of this post it's English, Spanish, Arabic and French.

More translations appreciated