Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Is there a way of getting the map name that shows on the load screen?

Post New Thread Reply   

joao7yt
Old 12-09-2017 , 11:49   Is there a way of getting the map name that shows on the load screen?
Reply With Quote #1

So, I fond out GetMapDisplayName and was thinking it would output the map name like "Dust II" or so, but turns out it's only useful when getting a map name from a workshop map, so it gives you just the map name and not the path for it...

I would like to know if there's a way of getting it like "Dust II", "Cache", etc... It would let things fancier on chat when outputing it.

P.S.: On the CSGO Map Publish Tool, the nice looking name is chosen in "Title" section.

Last edited by joao7yt; 12-09-2017 at 11:50.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-09-2017 , 13:09   Re: Is there a way of getting the map name that shows on the load screen?
Reply With Quote #2

GetMapDisplayName (which, btw, wasn't my original choice for the name) just resolves a workshop path to it's standard map name, such as changing workshop/125488374 to de_dust2_se

I haven't checked Valve's WebAPIs to see if it's possible to use the SteamWorks extension to get the actual workshop title.

Edit: GetPublishedFileDetails seems to work, but it requires that you pass your API key.

Last edited by Powerlord; 12-09-2017 at 13:21.
joao7yt
Old 12-09-2017 , 13:59   Re: Is there a way of getting the map name that shows on the load screen?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
GetMapDisplayName (which, btw, wasn't my original choice for the name) just resolves a workshop path to it's standard map name, such as changing workshop/125488374 to de_dust2_se

I haven't checked Valve's WebAPIs to see if it's possible to use the SteamWorks extension to get the actual workshop title.

Edit: GetPublishedFileDetails seems to work, but it requires that you pass your API key.
Where is GetPublishedFileDetails? How can I use it?
sdz
Old 12-10-2017 , 05:50   Re: Is there a way of getting the map name that shows on the load screen?
Reply With Quote #4

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/w...hedFileDetails
joao7yt
Old 12-13-2017 , 12:05   Re: Is there a way of getting the map name that shows on the load screen?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasSidezz View Post
Yeah, i got into that the other day... i simply don't know how to use it... I tried getting the SteamWorks ext and include, but in the include there's nothing about GetPublishedFileDetails, I think i need to access it another way that i can't figure out. If someone does know, share with us.

Last edited by joao7yt; 12-13-2017 at 12:05.